Post-Game Talk: GAME #53: Canucks 1 @ the red-hot Flyers 2: 40+ shots can't get the job done

Zombotron

Supreme Overlord of Crap
Jan 3, 2010
Toronto
0GtsT6H.jpg

Reactions: lindgren

ErrantShepherd

Nostalgic despite the Bad
Dec 2, 2018
...Canada, eh?
I kinda like Philly tbh...

But let's stop the streak. :naughty:
Hilarious how their win-loss is exactly like ours now except for one more loss on their part.

Zombotron

Supreme Overlord of Crap
Jan 3, 2010
Toronto
If anyone is to get to Hart tonight, may it be the big three. And may Philadelphia not do to Hart what they did to Bobrovsky.

timbermen

Nov 14, 2017
No mention of Gritty? He's one of the most under-rated mascots in the NHL. He's not very skilled and everybody hates him but the flyers like him because he does his job.
All the pieces are falling into place for the Canucks to make the playoffs. They're healthy and the signings of Rousell and Beagle are under-rated here. The Canucks knew what they had with Pettersson and those signings were perfect complimentary pieces from what was available. Yes, they overpaid but they sacrificed a couple million in cap space to get a couple pieces that were missing. Those were good aggressive moves to address major issues with the lineup. That's about 5% of their cap, you want JB fires over 5% of cap space that will never hurt them, they have players on ELC's. Believe it or not, some of these moves were done with foresight of how they will structure under the cap.

Reactions: ChilliBilly

just22

Aug 2, 2009
Probably just the flu so they’re sending him away so he doesn’t get the rest of the team sick?

MS

1%er
Mar 18, 2002
Vancouver, BC
This may or may not be related to his previous problems but I find myself cringing every time I see Baertschi take even a small hit. Really don’t want his life to become a Franzen situation.

Pastor Of Muppetz

Oct 1, 2017
Sven out again..?....Maybe Granlund is injured as well..?....Anyway,the majority of the team is healthy, which is good....They played a complete game on Saturday,and if they can do that again,I see no reason why they can't knock off the Flyers

Interesting fact..Outside of that dreadful losing streak (simultaneous injuries to Beagle,Sutter,Edler,Tanev,Nillsson,EP,Baertschi) where the Canucks went 1-10-2,..the Canucks record is 23-12-4.

Reactions: ChilliBilly

4Twenty

Dec 18, 2018
Sven out again..?....Maybe Granlund is injured as well..?....Anyway,the majority of the team is healthy, which is good....They played a complete game on Saturday,and if they can do that again,I see no reason why they can't knock off the Flyers

Interesting fact..Outside of that dreadful losing streak (simultaneous injuries to Beagle,Sutter,Edler,Tanev,Nillsson,EP,Baertschi) where the Canucks went 1-10-2,..the Canucks record is 23-12-4.
Why is that interesting? You can't just pull out a bad stretch. You wouldn't think it was interesting if I stated their record without winning 6 of 7 is 18-21-6, would you?

Pettersson didn't miss a single game during the streak, I won't bother to fact check the rest.

Reactions: geebaan and MS

hellstick

Nov 2, 2006
Abbotsford
Why is that interesting? You can't just pull out a bad stretch. You wouldn't think it was interesting if I stated their record without winning 6 of 7 is 18-21-6, would you?

Pettersson didn't miss a single game during the streak, I won't bother to fact check the rest.
It's useful to know that teams are never as bad as their worst stretch of games and never as good as their best. Teams are somewhere in the middle, and for the Canucks, it appears to be somewhere around the 7-12 spot of the 15 Western Conference teams. This season is such an oddity though. I still have a hard time seeing this team in the hunt for a playoff spot, yet here we are, 30ish games to go.

I missed last game, but I'm looking forward to watching this one. Hoping for some excitement, win or lose!

Rowlet

Sponsor
Oct 13, 2018
It feels like we always play well against Philadelphia and Brock always comes up big against teams from Pennsylvania

GetFocht

Indestructible
Jun 11, 2013
If he is sent away, then I think this a perfect opportunity to call up Dahlen or MacEwen and see how they fare in limited ice time at the NHL level.

iceburg

Don't ask why
Aug 31, 2003
So, what exactly is a Schaller-Horvat-Leivo line? Is it a third or fourth line?

Motte and Bailey

Jun 21, 2017
Oh boy can’t wait to see tim schaller!
-no one ever

I'm actually really excited to see how Tim responds after being out of the lineup. He played so well for Boston I can't believe that was a fluke but maybe it was we'll see what happens. This is the most important week of the season for the Canucks in terms of playoffs.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad