Pre-Game Talk: Game 53: 2/13 | Bruins vs. Lightning | Marchand at 1,000 | 7pm ET | NESN

Status
Not open for further replies.

Terrier

Sep 30, 2003
Newton, MA
Visit site
1707829870418.jpeg

Grimey

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 4, 2017
I saw him in Grand Rapids last trip there.....he's with the Senators' AHL team staff.....
I mostly remember him for that Flames run to the finals in 2004, he was a good fit on that team…hit 40 points that season and him and Gelinas had some clutch moments in the playoffs

Reactions: Gordoff

CDJ

Nov 20, 2006
Hell baby
For Frederics sake I hope not.

I'll settle for any sort of body contact, honestly.
Freddy hurt him last game

Honestly I feel like people say this every time I suggest Frederic might fight. He’s not Gregory Campbell guys, he can hold his own if he doesn’t get jumped. He has held his own with Wilson, he can hold his own with Jeannot

Sheppy

Nov 23, 2011
The Arctic

Honestly I feel like people say this every time I suggest Frederic might fight. He’s not Gregory Campbell guys, he can hold his own if he doesn’t get jumped. He has held his own with Wilson, he can hold his own with Jeannot
I find he does well against non frequent fighters. He's a bit too wild for my liking.

We will see. I find Jeannot much more technical.

Reactions: Gordoff and CDJ

CDJ

Nov 20, 2006
Hell baby
I find he does well against non frequent fighters. He's a bit too wild for my liking.

Jeannot is definitely more technical and I think he’d win if I had to put money on it, I just don’t think it’s such a mismatch that Trent is biting off more than he could chew. I think he’d handle himself well

Sheppy

Nov 23, 2011
The Arctic
Jeannot is definitely more technical and I think he’d win if I had to put money on it, I just don’t think it’s such a mismatch that Trent is biting off more than he could chew. I think he’d handle himself well
It would also require Frederic to show some fire again. Seems like he's sleep walking from a physical stand point. He's playing decent hockey, but yeah, just doesn't seem that engaged lately.

ODAAT

Oct 17, 2006
Victoria BC

yep, while he`s not quite as wild as he was in his first two years, I feel if he tries and stand in there vs a guy who is a more disciplined scrapper, he`s gonna get tagged and tagged hard

ON3M4N

Ignores/60 = Elite
Dec 13, 2015
Connecticut
Not sure if anyone has checked out the NHL EDGE data on the NHL site. Some interesting info like avg skating speed, shot speed, shot by zone. Here is the BOS/TBL matchup

22Brad Park

Nov 23, 2008
Calgary AB
Bruins have 8 goals for and 2 goals against with him on the ice this year and goalies have a 97.2% save percentage at even strength with him on the ice.

May not like what he brings, but his line consistently wins their matchups when he’s on the ice.
He is a dark hole on offense. Plays die on his stick.I can't take much more of him regardless of a stat.He has to produce a little right?

TCB

Dec 15, 2017
North Of The Border

I hope your right but I just see Freddy as a top middle and Jeannot as a true Heavy. Main difference between Freddy and the top heavy's in the league is strength. Freddy at times just seems to be man handled.

Ladyfan

Miss Bergy, Savvy and Quaider. Welcome back Looch!
Sponsor
Jun 8, 2007
next to the bench
1000 NHL games for a guy I exclaimed would never be more than a career AHL`er:loony:
When Brad was first on the Bs I thought...energy 4th liner...too small. In 2011, I was thrilled at how good he was/is.

Seeing him in person you see how excellent he is. Brad gives 100% every shift.

He gets cheap shots thrown at him every game. They don't show many of these cheap hits on TV. If it was Brad throwing those hits he would be in the box. I do believe the stripes are starting to call some of these hits on Brad. From where we sit many of the refs actually like Marchy.

Blowfish

Count down ...
Jan 13, 2005
Southwestern Ontario
Not sure if anyone has checked out the NHL EDGE data on the NHL site. Some interesting info like avg skating speed, shot speed, shot by zone. Here is the BOS/TBL matchup

The Rocket will help the speed thing lol...interesting statistics. Thanks for sharing.

Reactions: ON3M4N
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad