Pre-Game Talk: Game 53: 2/13 | Bruins vs. Lightning | Marchand at 1,000 | 7pm ET | NESN

Status
Not open for further replies.

Alicat

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2005
Boston
From KPD's column

"Marchand is the Bruins’ first-year captain, going into the weekend with 397 goals and 910 points, on the doorstep of joining the elite company of Ray Bourque (1,518), Johnny Bucyk (1,436), Patrice Bergeron (1,294), Don Sweeney (1,052), David Krejci (1,032), Wayne Cashman (1,027), and Zdeno Chara (1,023) in the Bruins’ 1K club. Cashman, Bergeron, and Krejci, by the way, are the only ones as of today to spend their entire careers with the Black and Gold."

"What makes him tick is, he doesn’t accept being [typecast]. He wants to be great,” said Bruins coach Jim Montgomery. “That inner belief that he can work himself into being more than what other people may perceive. You know, his whole life he’s had a chip on his shoulder and I think that chip on his shoulder has allowed him to become one of the greatest Bruins of all time and one of the best leaders of our team.”

Ladyfan

Miss Bergy, Savvy and Quaider. Welcome back Looch!
Sponsor
Jun 8, 2007
next to the bench
Most of the snow should be done but with how soft we have gotten around snow now that it rarely happens is the game at risk of postponement?
I doubt it. I believe in southern NH it is 6-10 inches...No big deal. I will have to check out the weather.

The game isn't getting cancelled. It is coming early enough in the day where the main roads will be fine. Just allow for extra time if you're going.
See you there !

I want to see a Marchand like effort from everyone tomorrow night. He deserves that
yes he does. If all players played with Brad's intensity, we would win more games.

Alicat

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2005
Boston
I doubt it. I believe in southern NH it is 6-10 inches...No big deal. I will have to check out the weather.

See you there !

yes he does. If all players played with Brad's intensity, we would win more games.
Not going to this game. Going next Monday :)

Hawgood_38

Season Tix since '97
Sep 3, 2002
Pumping tires
Visit site
Congrats to Brad on 1,000. I've probably been to 95% of the games he's played at home and have loved seeing his evolution from being pest, instigator, "crossing the line" guy to one of the best playmakers in the game. Very few can cut and turn like he does with the puck and make the opposition look foolish at times. I wish he was a little more selfish and shoot the puck more than dishing to a teammate, but that's just nitpicking. I'll be there tomorrow night like my wife and I have for the past 26 years. While Tuesday and Saturday's games were some of the worst we've seen, it doesn't compare to the 11-2 loss to the Leafs years ago (and we didn't leave early).

Go B's and we just want to see effort, regardless of the outcome. Play the F'in game like you mean it.

That is all. Cheers!

Dennis Bonvie

Dec 29, 2007
Connecticut
I've probably been to 95% of the games he's played at home and have loved seeing his evolution from being pest, instigator, "crossing the line" guy to one of the best playmakers in the game. Very few can cut and turn like he does with the puck and make the opposition look foolish at times. I wish he was a little more selfish and shoot the puck more than dishing to a teammate, but that's just nitpicking. I'll be there tomorrow night like my wife and I have for the past 26 years. While Tuesday and Saturday's games were some of the worst we've seen, it doesn't compare to the 11-2 loss to the Leafs years ago (and we didn't leave early).

Go B's and we just want to see effort, regardless of the outcome. Play the F'in game like you mean it.

That is all. Cheers!

WOW!

When was that?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad