GDT: GAME 52 | Senators @ Lightning | Fight or Die Edition | Mon Feb 19th 7PM, 2024 | SN, TVAS

chipsens

Post and in...
Jan 9, 2013
Solid coaching for the win. 72 & branny sit for last 5 minutes. Great defensive game, like old-time Jacques Sens teams.

Jacques should continue, as PERMANENT COACH. Prove me wrong.

Micklebot

Apr 27, 2010
Solid coaching for the win. 72 & branny sit for last 5 minutes. Great defensive game, like old-time Jacques Sens teams.

There is no way Jacques continues as permanent head coach, he can't even get on the ice for practices because of his hips.

Alex1234

Oct 14, 2014

There’s a reason 72 sat at the end despite the 8avv and the « A » letter

The coach sees what we see and hes starting to have had enough

SensFactor

Oct 25, 2008
Ottawa
Chabot sitting the last 5 mins makes me wanna keep JM as coach. I know it won't happen but he sees what most of us see with Chabot, defensive liability.
There’s a reason 72 sat at the end despite the 8avv and the « A » letter

The coach sees what we see and hes starting to have had enough

Micklebot

Apr 27, 2010
So, Chabot 'sitting' in the last 5 is doing some heavy lifting, he missed one extended shift where the coach opted to play Chychrun instead while TB had the goalie pulled, we never got a chance for the next shift because we kept icing the puck, though it likely would have been Sanderson and Zub.

I don't think the coaches decision had anything to do with thinking Chabot is a liability, I suspect he just wanted a bigger body to clear the net, Chychrun doesn't exactly scream solid defense after all.

chipsens

Post and in...
Jan 9, 2013
There is no way Jacques continues as permanent head coach, he can't even get on the ice for practices because of his hips.
Alfie can run the on-ice line rushes, while Jacques directs practice drills from his WHEELCHAIR by the bench... :)

Micklebot

Apr 27, 2010
Well I didn't include Pinto because he feels like a pretty obvious guy to have out there defending a lead.
I was just having a little fun

Truth be told, they were out there because they kept icing the puck, the goal was to get another shift of Sanderson and Zub back out, and I'd guess Joseph, Giroux and either a second center if it's a faceoff, or maybe Kelly who came on for Tarasenko on the fly in the final min.

Reactions: Alex1234

Big Muddy

Dec 15, 2019
That was a good game for the Senators last night. They played their defensive system and roles much better & their neutral ice and d zone coverage was quite good for the most part. Goaltending was great, Joseph played a strong game with two goals and Stutzle got us going early in the game. There was a lot to like about this game. Onward to the other Florida team now.

Last edited:

Alex1234

Oct 14, 2014
So JBD, Chychrun, Tkachuk and Tarasenko are Martin's ideal choices to defend the lead with 2+ minutes left in the game?
JBD had a fantastic game and blocked couple of dangerous shot
Chychrun is better than Chabot defensively when Sandy gets out of the ice
Tarasenko is +14 ON THIS TEAM wich doesn't scream defensive liability to me and he had one goal and he's playing real solid , only player who has won something and made a difference I would put him on the ice to defend a lead anytime
Tkatchuk is the captain and was there to take alternate FO with Pinto

But if you think Jacques is out to lunch its your opinion

I was just having a little fun

Truth be told, they were out there because they kept icing the puck, the goal was to get another shift of Sanderson and Zub back out, and I'd guess Joseph, Giroux and either a second center if it's a faceoff, or maybe Kelly who came on for Tarasenko on the fly in the final min.
Exactly
Not Chabot
Sanderson
;)

Micklebot

Apr 27, 2010
JBD had a fantastic game and blocked couple of dangerous shot
Chychrun is better than Chabot defensively when Sandy gets out of the ice
Tarasenko is +14 ON THIS TEAM wich doesn't scream defensive liability to me and he had one goal and he's playing real solid , only player who has won something and made a difference I would put him on the ice to defend a lead anytime
Tkatchuk is the captain and was there to take alternate FO with Pinto

But if you think Jacques is out to lunch its your opinion

Exactly
Not Chabot
Sanderson
;)
Chychrun being better defensively than Chabot is highly debatable, Chychrun has been a giveaway machine this year, leads the league in DZ giveaways.

Reactions: Xspyrit and DrEasy

Alex1234

Oct 14, 2014
Chychrun being better defensively than Chabot is highly debatable, Chychrun has been a giveaway machine this year, leads the league in DZ giveaways.
To be fair Being ask to play his wrong side probably has a bit to do with it

Joeyjoejoe

Dec 18, 2015
Hamonic should never dress for this team ever again. I would rather have Guennette play, or even take a look at Matinpalo. Play Klevin on his offside, I don't care. There is enough evidence to show this team wins a shit load more without him.

Agent Zub

Jan 2, 2015
Hamonic should never dress for this team ever again. I would rather have Guennette play, or even take a look at Matinpalo. Play Klevin on his offside, I don't care. There is enough evidence to show this team wins a shit load more without him.

Yea d is too important of a position to waste on a guy who clearly can't compete anymore.

Sens in Process

Oct 1, 2012
The goaltending has been bad this year. But even when the team is playing well, they are guilty of catastrophic breakdowns. Case in point, look at the two goals last night or the first and third goal in the Chicago game. it must be so demoralizing as a goaltender. The team needs to desperately upgrade their defense.

Reactions: Agent Zub

Tundraman

ModerationIsKey
Feb 13, 2010
North
If JBD can continue to improve and play like last night the Sens might have themselves a regular right D.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad