GDT: GAME 52 | Senators @ Lightning | Fight or Die Edition | Mon Feb 19th 7PM, 2024 | SN, TVAS

L'Aveuglette

つ ◕_◕ ༽つ
Jan 8, 2007
Montreal
5Y2IMMFU22KX477UXGT23CRN4E.jpg

OTTAWA SENATORS (22-27-2) @ TAMPA BAY LIGHTNING (30-21-5)
TV: Sportsnet, TVAS | Radio: TSN 1200, 94.5 Unique-FM

The Sens look to regain their footing following back-to-back disappointing losses to the Ducks and Blackhawks. Before this recent hiccup they looked like the team that we all thought they would be at the onset of this season. Winners in eight of 12 with 18 points in that stretch, the Sens were making up ground in the playoff race in a hurry. With the power play unit starting to find their way in recent games converting three of their last eleven chances, look for them to regain that momentum as they try to pick up points in the playoff race.

PROJECTED LINEUP

Joseph - Stutzle - Giroux
Grieg - Norris - Batherson
Tkachuk - Pinto - Tarasenko
Kubalik - Kastelic - Kelly

Sanderson - Zub
Chabot- Bernard-Docker
Chychrun - Brannstrom

Forsberg starts

YcWZqHL.jpeg

PREVIOUS MATCHUP

screen-shot-2022-10-01-at-8-09-42-pm-png.636270

Last edited:

Sensrule

Aug 30, 2007
Ah yes. The game where Tkachuk called out the fans for booing them off the ice. Seems like ages ago. I think we win this one. Don't ask me why though.

NB613

Jul 26, 2013
Ottawa
Lineup looks as close to optimal as all season. Feeling optimistic that they will positively surprise us.

Reactions: DrEasy

Duncstar

Sep 1, 2017
Ottawa
Chychrun gets the best partners lol.

I like seeing Pinto up top with Chucky. Might switch Greig and Joseph but let's see how it goes. Just a nice bounce back effort boys, less sloppiness!

Last edited:

Sens of Anarchy

Jul 9, 2013

I like the line changes but no matter what this team has to start playing with heart and desire to win battles, win shifts and win games.
They are not good enough to have passengers. Giroux has been consistently good.. Other players have come and gone wrt to their compete levels
We really need Norris and Batherson to step it up... Maybe if they get better ( lesser) matchups it could benefit them.

Last edited:
Reactions: WallyD and DrEasy

WallyD

Nov 20, 2022
Stronger lineup overall with the return of injured players and Hamonic sitting.

Concerned about that 2nd line (Grieg, Norris, Batherson). I think game depends on how that line plays. N&B have not exactly been stellar lately, defensive liabilities. Can't expect Grieg to hold up that line by himself. It's possible looking at lines 1 & 3 that they could compensate for that. Here's hoping!

WallyD

Nov 20, 2022
I'm more worried about tomorrow.
Totally agree Doc... Florida is scary right now. If the Panthers are still playing anywhere near this level come playoff time, I pity any team that comes up against them any round! (excluding the Blue turds, of course).

Burrowsaurus

Mar 20, 2013
I’m sorry but jbd is just way too limited. Like wtf is he doing. Can’t think through situations.

Alex1234

Oct 14, 2014
Nice pass by Chabot to an opponent right in front of net leading to sustained pressure

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad