GDT: GAME 52 | Senators @ Lightning | Fight or Die Edition | Mon Feb 19th 7PM, 2024 | SN, TVAS

L'Aveuglette

つ ◕_◕ ༽つ
Jan 8, 2007
Montreal
It's pretty obvious at this point this group plays at the opponent's level. Not sure how you fix this.

Great game tonight though.

BonHoonLayneCornell

Oct 16, 2006
Yukon
See, right back on the horse. Great work and a great game. I still maintain things are different under JM and I think we'll continue to see it the rest of the year. Two tough losses but one hell of a win tonight.

And no coincidence they got some goaltending to boot.

Reactions: Xspyrit

Sting

Feb 8, 2004
Sanderson and Zub had a low key outstanding game. The 2 real keepers we have on this D-corps.
I thought JBD played well too and I'm a harsh critic of his.

Chabot/Branny struggled this game though. Chabot with the lackluster play at the end where he threw away the puck and basically said "here ya go TB, try again!" was infuriating lol.

Super Cake

Jun 24, 2013
Of course they beat the Lightning, but lose to the Ducks and Hawks. Watch them pull off a win tomorrow too.

Reactions: bicboi64

Korpse

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 5, 2010
good to see the players starting to buy in. Focused on getting the puck out of the defensive zone and getting bodies in front of shots. It’s not as pretty but it’s what it takes to win games sometimes. Loved Tarasenko’s goal, chip off the glass creates a 2 on 1. Where a shot for a rebound works out perfecting. Nothing forced, just simple and effective hockey.

Reactions: chipsens

Sun God Nika

Palestine <3.
Apr 22, 2013
Cool, been saying for over a year Pinto is the better player. Kind of guy you win with. Bergeron style

I have been conflicted last year between the two. Obviously Norris was the better player especially with that shot, but god is that kid so f***ing emotionally fragile. Guy gets paid 8m to put the puck in the net and he passes it into the oppenents skate ona 3 on 1 when he has a clear shot against the goalie.

Reactions: Rodzilla

albator71

Jan 12, 2010
CANADA
It's funny what happens we have decent goaltending! And that Joseph for Paul trade ain't looking to bad now. This Sens team is an unpredictable bunch you never what you gonna get.

Byron Bitz

Apr 6, 2010
It's funny what happens we have decent goaltending! And that Joseph for Paul trade ain't looking to bad now. This Sens team is an unpredictable bunch you never what you gonna get.
They beat teams like Tampa and Toronto and lose to teams like Anaheim. The offseason predictions are always way off and they usually tank an entire month early in the season that takes them out of the playoff race. They are a strange team

Knave

Mar 6, 2007
Ottawa
We had a lot of good chances, we blew some opportunities at more good chances.

Forsberg had an above average game. We gave up well less than 30 shots against a team that was obviously motivated to win after getting embarrassed in the previous game they had. I wish we could have seen what this team could have done with average goaltending or even last year's goaltending.

You can see it and feel it. I'm sure the players can too.

Tuna99

Sep 26, 2009
It's pretty obvious at this point this group plays at the opponent's level. Not sure how you fix this.

Great game tonight though.

Learn to win. Sens have had so much losing for so long we don’t even have a single player from a winning program - brought in Chychryn and Korpisalo who come form losing programs

Players have no winning skills, no sense of winning culture and that’s what Jacuqes Martin told them day 1

Reactions: L'Aveuglette

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad