Post-Game Talk: Game 52 - Rask grounds the Jets - Bruins win 2-1

aguineapig

Love Lauzon on the blueline. Fast game and heavy.
When Z reaches up to the rafters to hang up his retired jersey, J Lau and Charlie will ride together as the new Pancho and Lefty. If Pasta don't win the goal scoring derby, I don't care I'll remember the pass he made to Jake was as pretty as any goal you'll ever see. And sorry P.K., the best one in the league is in Boston not Jersey.

Krupp

Apr 6, 2012
Great win. I just hope they didn't use all ALL of that energy last night; they got another one tonight!

Anybody know how Donato's been playing this year? Just curious. Haven't heard any raving about him that I can remember

PB37

Mr Selke
Oct 1, 2002
Maine
Great win. I just hope they didn't use all ALL of that energy last night; they got another one tonight!

Anybody know how Donato's been playing this year? Just curious. Haven't heard any raving about him that I can remember

Mixed bag. 9 goals/15 points playing 10 minutes a game so his production isn't awful for his TOI, but there's a reason for his lack of minutes. They're not happy with his overall play and he's been scratched a few games for it. Overall he's got 31 points in 67 games as a Wild. But like the Bruins, they preach and value two way play and being strong on the puck.

Reactions: Krupp

Ratty

Feb 2, 2003
Rive Gauche
Visit site
When Z reaches up to the rafters to hang up his retired jersey, J Lau and Charlie will ride together as the new Pancho and Lefty. If Pasta don't win the goal scoring derby, I don't care I'll remember the pass he made to Jake was as pretty as any goal you'll ever see. And sorry P.K., the best one in the league is in Boston not Jersey.
Here’s hoping Lauzon finds a spot on this roster long before they hoist up #33.

GoBs

Nov 21, 2009
USA
That Lauzon kid should stay. Saved an equalizer.
I agree but what is going on with these call ups and I put Clifton in this category
These kids are playing tough in Providence not necessarily talking about fighting but they come up here and the hitting stops
But I like this Lauzon kid made some good plays last night

KlausJopling

Feb 17, 2003
CT
Visit site
Lauzon clearly the most comfortable left handed D playing on his off side. I was fully expecting him to be like most defensemen when they get called up. When they have the puck if the easy pass isn’t there they just fire it up the boards. But he has made a bunch of strong plays to beat the forecheck.

Carlo has also become much better at this. He made some plays last night to help Krug when he was getting pressured. The hands he’s been demonstrating on one on one defending are starting the also show up with the puck on his stick.

McAvoys hit changed this game for us.

Probably the best game all year for our defense 1-6.

Caper Bruins fan

Dec 4, 2011
Cape Breton
Lauzon clearly the most comfortable left handed D playing on his off side. I was fully expecting him to be like most defensemen when they get called up. When they have the puck if the easy pass isn’t there they just fire it up the boards. But he has made a bunch of strong plays to beat the forecheck.

Carlo has also become much better at this. He made some plays last night to help Krug when he was getting pressured. The hands he’s been demonstrating on one on one defending are starting the also show up with the puck on his stick.

McAvoys hit changed this game for us.

Probably the best game all year for our defense 1-6.
Yes and while I like Clifton they really need someone with size in that no. 6 spot . And with the Bruins lines constructed the way they are now I’m not sure they really need a whole lot , maybe an upgrade over Heinen on line 3 .

Dennis Bonvie

Dec 29, 2007
Connecticut

Excellent, a Townes Van Zandt reference.

Pasta pass was in Gretzky, Mario category.

Its early, but man does Lauzon look like the real deal.

Did Marchand give Ehlers a face nuggie during that fight?

Jack really needs to calm down a bit. He's approaching Johnny Most level at times made it seem like the Bruins won the Cup last night.

Thought the refs called the crazy fighting stuff pretty well.

Last edited:

b in vancouver

Jul 28, 2005
My Mom is a huge Jets fan so talked to her a few times on the phone during the game. She was loving the old-time hockey last night. She actually also really likes Brad Marchand as he won her over a few years back when she saw him play live.

Anyways, The Jets franchise is suddenly struggling. Not as much the on-ice product as the organization. Fans had to commit to 5 years for season tickets as one of the most expensive and that 5 years is ending this season and there's a lot of disgruntled fans. They've dropped beer prices by $2.50 and food by 30%. Really hope they figure it out as Winnipeg needs a team.

Despite the loss for them, games like last night are needed for them as that was just an entertaining game.
I'm sure they'll be complaining about their power plays inefficiency, and the outcome, but hopefully it sparks something for that team also as they're capable of playing fun hockey that would have their fans excited.

Reactions: BMC and Ladyfan

Ladyfan

Miss Bergy, Savvy and Quaider. Welcome back Looch!
Sponsor
Jun 8, 2007
next to the bench
My Mom is a huge Jets fan so talked to her a few times on the phone during the game. She was loving the old-time hockey last night. She actually also really likes Brad Marchand as he won her over a few years back when she saw him play live.

Anyways, The Jets franchise is suddenly struggling. Not as much the on-ice product as the organization. Fans had to commit to 5 years for season tickets as one of the most expensive and that 5 years is ending this season and there's a lot of disgruntled fans. They've dropped beer prices by $2.50 and food by 30%. Really hope they figure it out as Winnipeg needs a team.

Despite the loss for them, games like last night are needed for them as that was just an entertaining game.
I'm sure they'll be complaining about their power plays inefficiency, and the outcome, but hopefully it sparks something for that team also as they're capable of playing fun hockey that would have their fans excited.
WOW. A fan from another team who likes Brad :thumbu:

Dr Hook

It’s Called Ruins
Sponsor
Mar 9, 2005
Tyler, TX
Fun game but those instigator calls :rolleyes: If a guy has his mitts off by the time it gets started, leave it alone, refs, it was mutual. Grizz and Lauzon are good pairing. Chara remains a PK beast. Tuuka was in the zone- he's just about unbeatable when he's dialed in.

That second period was bad for my anxiety and blood pressure :cry:

Dennis Bonvie

Dec 29, 2007
Connecticut
Fun game but those instigator calls :rolleyes: If a guy has his mitts off by the time it gets started, leave it alone, refs, it was mutual. Grizz and Lauzon are good pairing. Chara remains a PK beast. Tuuka was in the zone- he's just about unbeatable when he's dialed in.

That second period was bad for my anxiety and blood pressure :cry:

There were 2 fights after clean hits. Both times the refs didn't call instigator. Gave the players a break. Next fight, again after a clean hit, clearly Carlo was the instigator. So, they had given each team one chance. Had to be called. Next one, same thing. Sbisa the instigator. I thought they called it just right.

b in vancouver

Jul 28, 2005
WOW. A fan from another team who likes Brad :thumbu:

I know... crazy right. - She's in her 80s, still makes it to a few games a season, watches the rest - and enjoys hard-nosed, gritty, borderline hockey. Her favourite was always Peter Mahovlich (the opposite), now it's Wheeler, Little and was Buff. She wishes The Jets would consistently show the passion the Bruins have had the past decade.

I will say that Brad opened a lot of eyes and won over a lot of Canadians with his showing at the WCOF tournie. It would've been great if they had done the Olympics last time around so we could've seen that Brad- Sid/Bergy line again and he would've cemented himself in the hearts of the country... well not really but...

Last edited:
Reactions: Ladyfan

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad