Post-Game Talk: Game 52 - Rask grounds the Jets - Bruins win 2-1

Dr Hook

It’s Called Ruins
Sponsor
Mar 9, 2005
Tyler, TX
There were 2 fights after clean hits. Both times the refs didn't call instigator. Gave the players a break. Next fight, again after a clean hit, clearly Carlo was the instigator. So, they had given each team one chance. Had to be called. Next one, same thing. Sbisa the instigator. I thought they called it just right.

I am just not a fan of that call at all under those circumstances. Unless one guy has his gloves stapled on and is clearly turtling or trying to get away and he gets suckered or gets jumped on, leave it alone. That rule sucks the way it gets applied.

CDJ

Nov 20, 2006
Hell baby
I did think marchand kind of suckered Ehlers. He was feeding him and he still had at least a glove on lol

I’m 100% completely ok with it though :). Don’t skate up like a tough guy and you won’t get fed by the largest rat in Boston. He’s been eating a lot of subway trash, he’s STRONG. Made sure to let him know with the flex too. He’s such a beauty

Dennis Bonvie

Dec 29, 2007
Connecticut
I am just not a fan of that call at all under those circumstances. Unless one guy has his gloves stapled on and is clearly turtling or trying to get away and he gets suckered or gets jumped on, leave it alone. That rule sucks the way it gets applied.

I get it.

But I don't think a guy should be obligated to drop the gloves every time he throws a clean hit.

I felt sorry for Kuhlman. He shouldn't have to take a beating after the hit he threw. Bourque didn't deserve it either, but at least he seemed to be able to defend himself.

Dennis Bonvie

Dec 29, 2007
Connecticut
I did think marchand kind of suckered Ehlers. He was feeding him and he still had at least a glove on lol

I’m 100% completely ok with it though :). Don’t skate up like a tough guy and you won’t get fed by the largest rat in Boston. He’s been eating a lot of subway trash, he’s STRONG. Made sure to let him know with the flex too. He’s such a beauty

Post-career star in the WWE?

Reactions: Grimey

Dr Hook

It’s Called Ruins
Sponsor
Mar 9, 2005
Tyler, TX
I get it.

But I don't think a guy should be obligated to drop the gloves every time he throws a clean hit.

I felt sorry for Kuhlman. He shouldn't have to take a beating after the hit he threw. Bourque didn't deserve it either, but at least he seemed to be able to defend himself.

You're right, clean hits shouldn't automatically equal fights. I don't know, Bourque had his gloves off pretty fast when Carlo came at him which is why I felt it was off. It's tough one I will admit.

Reactions: Dennis Bonvie

bbruins3

Mar 18, 2012
Estevan SASK
Very satisfying win!

@bbruins3 I’ll bet your granddaughter had a blast!
@lopey Hope you and your daughter have as much fun tonight!

#GirlsJustWannaHaveFun
She did have a blast. She met most of the team,coach,manager and Jack and Brick. And they had great seats for an awesome hockey game.
upload_2020-2-1_10-33-35.jpeg

Last edited:

Jean_Jacket41

Neely = HOF
Jun 25, 2003
With the smurfs
Rask was awesome. So was the PK.

PP with the two goals.

Bruins standing up for themselves.

Only 56 posts after that great win? I guess we would already be on our 2nd thread lamenting the Bruins need Anderson had they loss...

Bring on the Wild.

Ladyfan

Miss Bergy, Savvy and Quaider. Welcome back Looch!
Sponsor
Jun 8, 2007
next to the bench
I know... crazy right. - She's in her 80s, still makes it to a few games a season, watches the rest - and enjoys hard-nosed, gritty, borderline hockey. Her favourite was always Peter Mahovlich (the opposite), now it's Wheeler, Little and was Buff. She wishes The Jets would consistently show the passion the Bruins have had the past decade.

I will say that Brad opened a lot of eyes and won over a lot of Canadians with his showing at the CHOF tournie. It would've been great if they had done the Olympics last time around so we could've seen that Brad- Sid/Bergy line again and he would've cemented himself in the hearts of the country... well not really but...
I would bring my Mom to a game or two a year until she was 82. She knew all of the players. She liked Muzz as Dad was also born in Nova Scotia. She also thought Muzz was a good player and leader. Glen gave her a signed photo and I still have it .

I did not have my ST when Cam played but both of my parents loved him. Cam did something nice for each of them and I will always like him for that.

My Dad was still alive when I first had my season seats but he had Alzheimer's and was not able to go. When he was in his right mind he would have loved to sit there. He would probably have driven them crazy:laugh: (both the players and the guys who work for the B's). Sometimes at a game I feel Mom and Dad's spirit there. They are the reason My sis (GahdenRinkRat) and I love the B's. Oh my daughter too !

yazmybaby

Sep 13, 2015
Brampton ON, Canada
Rask stood on his head again. Easily the first star of the game.
The refs were brutal.
I thought Lauzon looked really good. He is tough to beat one on one and won most battles in the corners. I hope we keep him for the long term.
Time to find a trade partner for Moore and or Clifton.

Grimey

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 4, 2017
Watched the game in full after when I had the time. Man, that got me fired up.
  • What a hit by McAvoy. Dude is such a well-rounded D man and I'm not worried about the lack of goals - just a matter of time.
  • Lauzon is going to be damn steady, would love to see him paired with a guy like Carlo. Would be nice to see him eventually find a bit of an offensive touch, but I'm more than fine with what I'm seeing.
  • Speaking of Carlo, I hope he stays snarly. Going to need him to use that size to be a mean SOB. I like that he and Lauzon have some nasty in their game.
  • Love seeing vintage agitator Brad pissing people off staying while out of the box (for the most part).
  • Much respect to Kuhlman for throwing down when he absolutely didn't need to. That sends a message to your team. Squared up to a much bigger guy without hesitation. Always been a big Kuhlman fan and hope both he and Lauzon stay. I think he could be a solid 3RW.
  • As much as I like Heinen, I think he should be part of a deal to bring in a bigger, more offensively dangerous winger for the top six. I think Lauzon could also make Moore expendable, who I also like.
  • Tuukka was outstanding. How people can say he doesn't steal games is beyond me. He was dialed in last night.
  • Wags was 2009 Lucic in the Hurricane series. Loved seeing that. That 4th line is capable of being the Merlot 2.0 of they bring that steadily.
  • Slightly off topic, but hopefully Perrault is okay. Dude has taken some nasty hits lately (especially the late hit from Farabee).
A lot to like about this game. Hopefully they build off this and continue sticking up for one another and themselves. I will eat crow about Bruce if he sent this message to them.

Last edited:

ODAAT

Oct 17, 2006
Victoria BC
Great win, good energy and emotion in this one. Lauzon and Kuhlman (and Bjork) are a breath of fresh air with the effort they bring every shift.

strictly highlights for me as I was working, would I be correct assuming Bjork only played 8:51 because of all the short handed situations the B`s had last night?

Rask looked to be in tip top shape too, nice way to start post break

LSCII

Cup driven
Mar 1, 2002
Central MA
Rask was awesome. So was the PK.

PP with the two goals.

Bruins standing up for themselves.

Only 56 posts after that great win? I guess we would already be on our 2nd thread lamenting the Bruins need Anderson had they loss...

Bring on the Wild.

That, and the pro fighting folks can't go on their typical rants of how soft and non physical this team is because they were laying lumber and responding to hits from the Jets all night. Very fun game to watch. Very entertaining. Would still like some even strength goals on a consistent basis, but no complaints at all...

Dr Hook

It’s Called Ruins
Sponsor
Mar 9, 2005
Tyler, TX
strictly highlights for me as I was working, would I be correct assuming Bjork only played 8:51 because of all the short handed situations the B`s had last night?

Rask looked to be in tip top shape too, nice way to start post break

Yah, I think he had one shift total in the second period because of all that.

Dr Hook

It’s Called Ruins
Sponsor
Mar 9, 2005
Tyler, TX
sucks, wonder why they didn`t use him on the PK, thought he has asserted himself well when given that chance this year?

Good question, and not sure why he also doesn't get a look on 2nd PP unit also as he can rip it. The PK was weird last night because they had 2 long stretches of 5 on 3 and I wouldn't expect him out there for that. I guess it's probably the way the game played out shift wise, with the penalty parade. Bruce is a strange duck at times, too. Maybe he didn't like the matchups that were presented for using Bjork.

LouJersey

Jun 29, 2002
Graves to Gardens
youtu.be
One of the best goaltending performances I have seen in a decade. One of the most enjoyable games since the Lucic era Bruins as well. This team must have had a heart to heart during the break and came out having each others backs.

Shows us that you can be the hammer, take instigators and dictate the physical game and still win. I would like to see more of that.

ODAAT

Oct 17, 2006
Victoria BC
Good question, and not sure why he also doesn't get a look on 2nd PP unit also as he can rip it. The PK was weird last night because they had 2 long stretches of 5 on 3 and I wouldn't expect him out there for that. I guess it's probably the way the game played out shift wise, with the penalty parade. Bruce is a strange duck at times, too. Maybe he didn't like the matchups that were presented for using Bjork.

I was relegated to highlights only and it felt like even on the highlights it was all 5 on 3, appeared to be a fun game, wish I had of seen it

b in vancouver

Jul 28, 2005
I would bring my Mom to a game or two a year until she was 82. She knew all of the players. She liked Muzz as Dad was also born in Nova Scotia. She also thought Muzz was a good player and leader. Glen gave her a signed photo and I still have it .

I did not have my ST when Cam played but both of my parents loved him. Cam did something nice for each of them and I will always like him for that.

My Dad was still alive when I first had my season seats but he had Alzheimer's and was not able to go. When he was in his right mind he would have loved to sit there. He would probably have driven them crazy:laugh: (both the players and the guys who work for the B's). Sometimes at a game I feel Mom and Dad's spirit there. They are the reason My sis (GahdenRinkRat) and I love the B's. Oh my daughter too !

Love reading that - not the Alzheimers, but y'know. And that she was a fan of Muzz. Loved him and he just doesn't get nearly the respect he deserves.
I definitely did not get my love of hockey or The Bruins from my dad. lol
Just found myself ranting in an actual personal way - I'll leave it up.

My dad passed away 5 years ago. He was never a big hockey fan and wanted me to focus more on soccer growing up back when I was really good at both and making older teams in both sports - but indoor soccer and hockey over-lapped too much and I had to choose. I actually don't think he even saw me play hockey until I was about 13 and won Provincials. That was my mom's gig. He knew I loved playing as I'd go to the rink before school and either go to the outdoor rink/the lake or play ball-hockey all night in the winter - so he'd talk hockey with me, and he'd always watch Hockey Night In Canada with me and one of my brothers when I was a teenager as it was just the three of us - but that was always for me and not him. Surprisingly, despite being incredibly loud and a drinker, he was amazingly well-behaved when he watched me play sports - except for the one time when I got cut from a team that I should've easily made and he got frustrated with the coaches. That 'political' side of me not making that team rather soured him. I was pretty good - but took it slightly less seriously after that myself.

It's kinda funny thinking of parents watching our sports growing up and how much different it is today.

For whatever reason he fell in love with basketball in his late 60s which was pretty funny and was a huge Raptors fan. A sport I couldn't care much less about but we'd talk b-ball , which was the reverse as I'd listen.

sarge88

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 29, 2003
Fun game but those instigator calls :rolleyes: If a guy has his mitts off by the time it gets started, leave it alone, refs, it was mutual. Grizz and Lauzon are good pairing. Chara remains a PK beast. Tuuka was in the zone- he's just about unbeatable when he's dialed in.

That second period was bad for my anxiety and blood pressure :cry:

If two guys square up, look each other in the eye and both drop their gloves before the fight starts...it’s a fair fight, regardless of the reason it started.

Absolutely no need for an instigator!

Tmac37

Apr 1, 2018
Formerly Tmac21
One of the best goaltending performances I have seen in a decade. One of the most enjoyable games since the Lucic era Bruins as well. This team must have had a heart to heart during the break and came out having each others backs.

Shows us that you can be the hammer, take instigators and dictate the physical game and still win. I would like to see more of that.

Was a great game to watch live. Made the trek to watch it and I'm going to the Jets Blues tonight, should be another dandy.

Sheppy

Nov 23, 2011
The Arctic
Heinen got “banged up” against the Jets, probably got the flu thinking about having to stand up for someone, or show some push.

(just kidding) - I do hope he’s ok, though. I saw him block a few shots.

Reactions: Grimey

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad