Post-Game Talk: Game 52 - Rask grounds the Jets - Bruins win 2-1

bobbyorr04

Bruins fan 4ever
Sponsor
Apr 12, 2011
BIG 2 points, gritty effort, and Rask was razor sharp tonight ..fun game to watch!

Bergy needs to teach some of the other guys how to shoot a ****ing wrist shot

His last few goals have been on wicked wristers ..and tonight was no exception

Nicest hit of the year got the B's going

Nice winning goal on a great no look pass by Pasta

Aeroforce

Apr 28, 2012
Houston, TX
The last two games I've watched were this one and Calgary vs. Edmonton.

I really miss this style of hockey and hope we see more of it.

The refs seemed a tad confused on how to call tonight's game. Krug's holding penalty was a phantom call, and Niku's slash that led to the GWG was ticky tack. Probably a makeup call.

If the players continue to have this much disregard for the instigator penalty, maybe the league will abolish it?;)

easton117

Nov 11, 2017
The last two games I've watched were this one and Calgary vs. Edmonton.

I really miss this style of hockey and hope we see more of it.

The refs seemed a tad confused on how to call tonight's game. Krug's holding penalty was a phantom call, and Niku's slash that led to the GWG was ticky tack. Probably a makeup call.

If the players continue to have this much disregard for the instigator penalty, maybe the league will abolish it?;)
The 10 minute unsportsmanlike calls were complete nonsense. That was just guys playing hard for both teams at that point.

Someone tell the league fans actually like a little animosity now and then. Tell mom to take a hike. The kids have some energy to burn

Fenway

HF Bookie and Bruins Historian
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2007
Cambridge, MA
EPqUuvCXsAABku6

Reactions: Orr Fourever

Maine Fan

Defense Wins Chanpionships
Apr 19, 2015
Ocean Twp, NJ
Fun game for an old timer like me. Period two was old style hockey except for the SH refs. Tuukka stole the show, game, the Bruins win was because of Tuukka, only. Finally the 0-15 PP changed the Bruins got 2 PP goals. The goal against was on the Bruins defensive players, 3 Bruins allowed the pass that resulted in the GA. The 5 on 5 goals need to pick up to stay 3 points (it is 5 points but the game in hand makes it 3) in the lead.

Way to go.... Bruins

RIP Kobe

kthx

Bedard to Bruins 2023
Apr 24, 2019
The way I trust Rask is weird. No panic whatsoever when he's playing. I know enemy wont score. It's my gut saying Rask got this. And once again, he did.

Love the physical effort of our Defencemen and some forwards. This was a schedule OTL.

Fenway

Sponsor
Sep 26, 2007
Cambridge, MA
I had to watch on DVR as I was in Amherst for BC/UMass

An impressive win over a desperate Jets team - The playoff picture in the West is nuts

upload_2020-2-1_4-40-59.png

Reactions: Orr Fourever

Fenway

Sponsor
Sep 26, 2007
Cambridge, MA
Jets come out of break with a loss in a feisty affair with Bruins

As far as heartbreaking defeats go, this one is as tough as it gets for the Winnipeg Jets.

And their hearts were certainly in their 2-1 loss to the Boston Bruins at Bell MTS Place on Friday.

In what has been a trend over the past little while, it just wasn’t their night as the Jets dropped their fifth straight game and eight of their past nine at home.

Everything was in place to win, except what was needed to win: Goals. And with the Jets four points adrift of the final wild-card spot in the Western Conference, there’s no room for silver linings at this point.

“I don’t know if we’re taking moral victories right now,” Andrew Copp said. “There are some good things that we did and the overall, general theme of how we played is what we need to do for these 30 games. But I don’t think we’re looking at moral victories right now.”

Reactions: TOR1970Cup

Deleted

Nov 11, 2017
I was saying before the AS break that it couldn't come soon enough. Hopefully the break has the guys feeling rejuvenated. One or two effective trades and things might just be ok again.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad