GDT: Game 52: Montreal Canadiens vs Ottawa Senators 5/5/21 7:00pm EST SN, RDS (HD), TSN 690

Status
Not open for further replies.

BigDaddyLurch

Have some PRIDE, Eric...
Sponsor
Mar 1, 2013
Principle's Office
Yeah, Anderson, a right hand shot, will be forced to fly down the left side and cut towards the net, which he does on a regular basis anyways. And Caufield with Danault, the best face-off man on the team? Gonna be a shame when they gain puck control from a face-off in the offensive zone.

Someone gotta pass it to him though.

...exactly; who on that line creates the offense??...Anderson??...a drive and shoot-first player who isn't a good passer??...Danault??...a defense-first C lacking in offensive creativity & ability??...and as far as FO% goes, ol' Phil isn't that far ahead of Evans (3%) or Kotkaniemi (4%)...more bullshyte Grind Da Puck excuses...

Ezpz

No mad pls
Apr 16, 2013
KK would be better suited to playing with a couple of shooters. He's set up a bunch of chances in the last month that have ended up wide of the net because of playing with Lehkonen, Byron, Danault, and basically a who's who of our worst shooters.

sandviper

No Ragrets
Jan 26, 2016
Toronto
go get 'em bilbo

tenor.gif

5B4993B7-32CA-47F1-8A8C-545195DF450E.gif

cphabs

The 2 stooges….
Dec 21, 2012
Yup, and Anderson playing his off-wing with Danault as well...too much scoring, they have to learn to grind da puck properly, so it seems...:banghead:
My favorite sports franchise of 40 years can screw up a wet dream... unbelievable!
Romanov playing on his natural side yet, or is he benched?

Reactions: Doc McKenna

26Mats

Jun 23, 2018
...Anderson isn't that good defensively, though...and now he's on his off-side as well...that excuse is horseshyte; Caufield should be with someone at C who actually has good offensive creativity & ability, areas in which Danault is somewhat lacking...it's like Clod never left...:banghead:

Yes, I had Caufield with KK. But, Danault is underrated offensively. He creates turnovers and skates the puck up ice well, in both cases getting the puck to his offensive linemates for scoring chances.

Anderson's making a lot of dough. There are other holes in his game. With all his speed and size, he better get it together defensively for all that dough.

Reactions: angusyoung

JianYang

Sep 29, 2017
Boys and Girls.

Do I watch this game or Wilson getting destroy ? I don't know what to watch tonight.

I don't think any team wants to get in that kind of game with Washington. It's not just Wilson you have to worry about over there, and I don't even know if the Rangers have that type of player on their roster to start the shenanigans.

OldCraig71

Feb 2, 2009
No one cares
There's nothing to understand
It's just so stupid to play a good shooter with Phil Danault, why not play Armia with PD and allow CC to build some chemistry with Suzuki, probably the only center that can get him the puck for a scoring chance. Phil will dump it and both he and Mr Anderson will chase it down and CC can just hang out, he won't get a pass from either one of them.

BigDaddyLurch

Have some PRIDE, Eric...
Sponsor
Mar 1, 2013
Principle's Office
Yes, I had Caufield with KK. But, Danault is underrated offensively. He creates turnovers and skates the puck up ice well, in both cases getting the puck to his offensive linemates for scoring chances.

Anderson's making a lot of dough. There are other holes in his game. With all his speed and size, he better get it together defensively for all that dough.

Danault has a limited offensive game and isn't a great distributor of the puck; Caufield should be with a C that has the offensive creativity to find him in the open areas for scoring chances, a skill that Danault is lacking in...

McGees

Jun 15, 2016
Looking forward to Tatar and Gallagher being back. Will be very interesting to see where Caufield slots in.

I did at least understand DD's logic. He said because they're on the road and don't have last change, he wanted Cole surrounded by vets that are good defensively.

I would have prefered Evans-KK-Caufiled.
No Staal will get him before KK lol.

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
Caufield is in for a boring night because neither of his linemates can pass. I will never understand the logic that rules this team.

If their passes are so bad, Caufield can probably take advantage of the loose pucks they’ll generate.

Last edited:

26Mats

Jun 23, 2018
Danault has a limited offensive game and isn't a great distributor of the puck; Caufield should be with a C that has the offensive creativity to find him in the open areas for scoring chances, a skill that Danault is lacking in...

Danault piles up a ton more assists than goals. He's basically a 10-15 goal 30 - 40 assists guy. The way he gets all his assists is creating turnovers and slipping the puck to his offensive linemates. Or he skates the puck up the ice very well, establishes zone possession, gets the puck to his offensive linemates and they do the rest. I could easily see Danault assisting on Caufield goals in this manner.

Having said that, I'd play Caufield with Suzuki and KK. But it always takes DD a few games to figure out better line combos. But so far I find he tends to eventually have better combos than Julien at least.

japhi

Jul 7, 2014
Believe it or not the game tonight isn't just about getting Cole the puck.

He will get lots of looks on the PP and playing with Danault and Andy, will see some pucks as well. Gallagher hasn't had an issue putting up 30 per playing with Phil and Tatar has had his best seasons of his career, I trust Cole can grind through the injustice.

CDN24

Jun 17, 2009
...exactly; who on that line creates the offense??...Anderson??...a drive and shoot-first player who isn't a good passer??...Danault??...a defense-first C lacking in offensive creativity & ability??...and as far as FO% goes, ol' Phil isn't that far ahead of Evans (3%) or Kotkaniemi (4%)...more bullshyte Grind Da Puck excuses...

Agree no one will confuse Phil for the second coming of 99 or 66. That said he (Danault) was good enough last year that one of his wingers led team in points and the two tied for team lead in goals. playing with Phil is a great opportunity for CC

BigDaddyLurch

Have some PRIDE, Eric...
Sponsor
Mar 1, 2013
Principle's Office
Danault piles up a ton more assists than goals. He's basically a 10-15 goal 30 - 40 assists guy. The way he gets all his assists is creating turnovers and slipping the puck to his offensive linemates. Or he skates the puck up the ice very well, establishes zone possession, gets the puck to his offensive linemates and they do the rest. I could easily see Danault assisting on Caufield goals in this manner.

Having said that, I'd play Caufield with Suzuki and KK. But it always takes DD a few games to figure out better line combos. But so far I find he tends to eventually have better combos than Julien at least.

Danault depends on his linemates for most of his offense and isn't a great passer, so why put two finishers with him??...Anderson I can at least understand because he's a bull in the offensive zone, but having Caufield there is basically stifling the best part of his game; being able to find open areas and burying that wicked shot of his...if there isn't someone on the line with good passing skills, having Caufield there is a complete waste of his talent...

26Mats

Jun 23, 2018
Danault depends on his linemates for most of his offense and isn't a great passer, so why put two finishers with him??...Anderson I can at least understand because he's a bull in the offensive zone, but having Caufield there is basically stifling the best part of his game; being able to find open areas and burying that wicked shot of his...if there isn't someone on the line with good passing skills, having Caufield there is a complete waste of his talent...

I think Danault and Anderson will be able to get him the puck - most probable scenario I see is off of a turnover when the opposition defenceman isn't set...

But neither Anderson or Danault are players I want to see with CC. Many like Anderson with Cc because of the size factor. I'd rather first play CC with linemates that can make plays, in particular guys that are pass first. And then worry about size.

But we don't have many pass first pkay makers on this team. Suzuki, KK, Tatar and Gallagher are probably the best we have. Drouin is just too terrible all around to even be in the top 9...

Techcoockie

Feb 3, 2020
Mtl
I don't think any team wants to get in that kind of game with Washington. It's not just Wilson you have to worry about over there, and I don't even know if the Rangers have that type of player on their roster to start the shenanigans.
They loaned a 6'5 fighter goon who never lost 1 fight, I think they will.

morhilane

Feb 28, 2021
Agree no one will confuse Phil for the second coming of 99 or 66. That said he (Danault) was good enough last year that one of his wingers led team in points and the two tied for team lead in goals. playing with Phil is a great opportunity for CC

Tatar's uptick in points last year came from the power player, not 5v5. He had 8 pts in 80 games the year before, then 14 in 68 games last year.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad