Post-Game Talk: GAME #52: Canucks 5 @ Avalanche 1 (Boeser, Virtanen, Goldobin, Roussel, Motte)

BringBackTheV

Dec 2, 2017
Listened to Demko on Kevin Woodley podcast yesterday. Super well spoken and down to earth. Like him as a person. Don’t know about him as an NHL goalie yet tho. Hasent been lights out in the couple games he’s played.

You’re unsure of a goalie based on his performance in 2 games? There is nothing that should convince anyone about a goalie in 2 games.

Some things never change at hf.

mriswith

Oct 12, 2011
Lines immediately look better with Granlund out. Too much to ask for Sutter and Gudbranson to also be gone by the deadline?

ErrantShepherd

Nostalgic despite the Bad
Dec 2, 2018
...Canada, eh?
Lines immediately look better with Granlund out. Too much to ask for Sutter and Gudbranson to also be gone by the deadline?
Not in theory... but with what Benning has said in his latest interviews, I'm doubtful they get moved.

Would be excellent if we were able to from a cap standpoint though, and get some draft picks/young players with upside.

polarbearcub

May 7, 2011
Vancouver
I really don’t like the mix of goldobin petterson and boeser together. No puck retrievers. Goldobin doesn’t like to engage , boeser is just slow at getting in to get pucks.

I would rather have Sven on that line.

Jimnastic

Canucks Diehard
Nov 13, 2017
Sydney
Putting an idea out there. I would like to see Virtanen with EP and Brock (or possibly Goldobin). For a whole pile of reasons:
  • Jake can drive the net and provide blocking in front of the net. He has reasonable hands for slot goals.
  • Jake would be the single best player on the Canucks to provide some toughness to back up EP when he is hassled.
  • Jake has good talent, but is a slow learner and not the sharpest tool in the shed. Quite possibly the skill sets of EP with Brock or Goldy could raise his game and make him 110% of what he will be with other players. This frees up a more complete player to play with the other 2nd and 3rd line players.
  • Either Virtanen will start to perform a valuable roll, or he will be put in the best possible light to trade him for something of reasonable value.
Personally, I am pretty happy with how well Virtanen has come along in the past year. His defensive errors are rapidly lowering. I think the Canucks could get far more value out of him. I could be wrong, but he is going down in value in the rolls he is playing. In the right roll he could move in the direction of Cam Neely.

Johnny Canucker

Jan 4, 2009
You’re unsure of a goalie based on his performance in 2 games? There is nothing that should convince anyone about a goalie in 2 games.

Some things never change at hf.

Don’t use my posts to represent entire HF. I’m normally in the 1% minority.

Johnny Canucker

Jan 4, 2009
Putting an idea out there. I would like to see Virtanen with EP and Brock (or possibly Goldobin). For a whole pile of reasons:
  • Jake can drive the net and provide blocking in front of the net. He has reasonable hands for slot goals.
  • Jake would be the single best player on the Canucks to provide some toughness to back up EP when he is hassled.
  • Jake has good talent, but is a slow learner and not the sharpest tool in the shed. Quite possibly the skill sets of EP with Brock or Goldy could raise his game and make him 110% of what he will be with other players. This frees up a more complete player to play with the other 2nd and 3rd line players.
  • Either Virtanen will start to perform a valuable roll, or he will be put in the best possible light to trade him for something of reasonable value.
Personally, I am pretty happy with how well Virtanen has come along in the past year. His defensive errors are rapidly lowering. I think the Canucks could get far more value out of him. I could be wrong, but he is going down in value in the rolls he is playing. In the right roll he could move in the direction of Cam Neely.

6th overall pick, that likely won’t ever score 20 goals in the NHL and you’re dropping the Neely comparison. I wish you dropped that earlier in your post so I could have stopped reading earlier.

pretzel

May 5, 2017
Good night for 2017 picks so far, hopefully ours continues the trend. Also feels like we’re due for one of those games where Boes looks dangerous every time he has the puck. Looking forward to it!

logan5

May 24, 2011
Vancouver - Mt. Pleasant
When Goldobin plays on the top line, they have trouble getting good zone time. No forecheck without Leivo means a lot of time defending. Goldobin is a major liability. This almost ruins the game for me.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad