Post-Game Talk: GAME #52: Canucks 5 @ Avalanche 1 (Boeser, Virtanen, Goldobin, Roussel, Motte)

NoShowWilly

Apr 4, 2010
North Delta
What’s shocking is how every person watching these games see the same stuff. Including reporters.

How bad Guddy and Pouliot have been lately, yet they keep getting put out game after game.

Sutter is quickly moving into that category as well. What makes Sutter so hard to watch is knowing that Gaudette can do his job and more.

I think healthy Sutter will be easy enough to sell off, especially with retention. I think it is likely this summer but maybe at the deadline if we fall apart here.

Paulinvancouver

Gas station in Carbondale did not have fresh yams!
Dec 19, 2015
Oh Granny is out? We’re going to lose this one boys and girls.

go Camucks!!! I love this team!!

Pastor Of Muppetz

Oct 1, 2017
Hopefully the Canucks do not come out flat..as in the last 3 games....Good to have the games back again..

Pastor Of Muppetz

Oct 1, 2017
The two top lines for the Av's..thats quality..You would think that they would be one of the better teams in the W Conference..?

StreetHawk

Sep 30, 2017
The two top lines for the Av's..thats quality..You would think that they would be one of the better teams in the W Conference..?
They started off like gangbusters but have cooled off big time.

I mean the league overall is so blah. The flyers just went in a 5 game win streak and are just 3 points behind the Canucks in overal standings. They’ve been a bottom 5 team for almost the entire season.

DownGoesMcDavid

Apr 17, 2017
What’s shocking is how every person watching these games see the same stuff. Including reporters.

How bad Guddy and Pouliot have been lately, yet they keep getting put out game after game.

Sutter is quickly moving into that category as well. What makes Sutter so hard to watch is knowing that Gaudette can do his job and more.

Gaudette can do what Sutter does offensively ..who cant...but Gaudette is nowhere near capable of doing what Sutter does defensively which is take all the hard matchups and defensive faceoffs.

I think we move Sutter when Bo is ready for more a complete role.

Look how fatigued Bo looks the last 12 games ..thats where you see the value of a Sutter

Reactions: JuniorNelson

ErrantShepherd

Nostalgic despite the Bad
Dec 2, 2018
...Canada, eh?
Gaudette can do what Sutter does offensively ..who cant...but Gaudette is nowhere near capable of doing what Sutter does defensively which is take all the hard matchups and defensive faceoffs.

I think we move Sutter when Bo is ready for more a complete role.

Look how fatigued Bo looks the last 12 games ..thats where you see the value of a Sutter

Healthy Sutter, maybe? But seems like Beagle has been taking the heavier matchups lately. I would have to look that up to confirm it though.

Besides if Bo is looking fatigued these past few games with Sutter actually IN the lineup, doesn't that point more to Sutter not providing the boost to Bo's fatigue levels he is supposed to provide?

Gaudette hasn't seemed particularly underwater defensively, so I think his offensive upside for the 3rd line overall is more valuable than this current version of Sutter.

VanJack

Jul 11, 2014
First game back after a long break and playing in mile-high Denver. Hard game to prognosticate. Canucks will either come out refreshed, reinvigorated and hard on the puck; or they'll be sucking wind and the blueline will be a turnover machine.

Looking at the standings, it's officially the biggest game of the year so far. Winner moves inside the top-eight, the loser falls back. So motivation shouldn't be a factor. But suspect Marky might have to steal this one.

DownGoesMcDavid

Apr 17, 2017
Healthy Sutter, maybe? But seems like Beagle has been taking the heavier matchups lately. I would have to look that up to confirm it though.

Besides if Bo is looking fatigued these past few games with Sutter actually IN the lineup, doesn't that point more to Sutter not providing the boost to Bo's fatigue levels he is supposed to provide?

Gaudette hasn't seemed particularly underwater defensively, so I think his offensive upside for the 3rd line overall is more valuable than this current version of Sutter.

Bo is fatigued and worn down from all then minutes and matchups he played when Sutter was Hurt and even w. Gaudette here

Nucker42

Nov 27, 2011
Bo is fatigued and worn down from all then minutes and matchups he played when Sutter was Hurt and even w. Gaudette here
I think everyone coming in rested and fresh will allow fans to make a true judgement on weather a player is fatigued (Horvat) or bad (Sutter).

No excuses after this much time off. My expectations are higher for Sutter now. He needs to show that he has value to the team or if he is simply a meddling 3rd liner then he needs to go.

Reactions: Nomobo

Johnny Canucker

Jan 4, 2009
It's about goddamn time. Do or die for Goldy. Hope he lights it up!

I like Leivo and Baertschi with Horvat too, hopefully they get some good chemistry going.

...and by god do we need to replace GudPou.

Goldy will be in now and playing with EP40 to be showcased before deadline. Bet your bottom dollar he is moved. I would gladly take a 3rd / 4th for him.

Johnny Canucker

Jan 4, 2009
Biggest question for me is can Markstrom find his December groove again... if not it may be Demko time in Vancouver. Granted, what goalie could put up numbers with Gudbranson/Pouliot in front of them?

Still waiting for the Virtanen-Horvat-Leivo line to be put together as well.

Listened to Demko on Kevin Woodley podcast yesterday. Super well spoken and down to earth. Like him as a person. Don’t know about him as an NHL goalie yet tho. Hasent been lights out in the couple games he’s played.

StreetHawk

Sep 30, 2017
Yet they are in the same place in the standings as us...
And the Canuck's next opponent Philly currently have the same number of points after beating Edmonton in OT. They've been in the fight for the best odds for the top pick for the majority of the season, but now after a 7 game win streak they are tied with the Canucks in points. Such a strange season.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad