Post-Game Talk: GAME #52: Canucks 5 @ Avalanche 1 (Boeser, Virtanen, Goldobin, Roussel, Motte)

stampedingviking

Jul 2, 2013
Basingstoke, England
Are you seriously arguing that anything that can’t be captured by a data driven methodology is pure speculation? Good to know your limits I guess.

There aren’t ideas behind the article; it’s the players themselves outlining a productive relationship grounded in factual encounters.
Doesn't matter, where's the analytical evidence?

I in the Eye

Drop a ball it falls
Dec 14, 2002
They are going to have to come up with something “far more grounded” than the players’ words themselves? Are we going to have to venture into Markstrom’s brain magic school bus style and discover the new synapses formed by his relationship with Miller?

At the end of the day, Miller was brought in partially to help Markstrom develop into a #1 goalies, and according to the goalies themselves, media insiders, cited evidence of positive interactions, and the factual reality of Markstrom clearly developing as a goalie over Miller’s tenure... these factors all point toward alternates conclusions being much more valid than the alternatives.

Debating your posts is seriously exhausting, because they can’t conceptualize past the limits of positivism, and imply little knowledge of interpersonal relationships.

How can this be bottled and given to Demko to drink? If Miller had such a profound effect on Markstrom, the formula should most definitely be replicated and improved upon for Demko. We need Demko to become an elite #1. Is Markstrom enough of an elixer on par with the Miller cum guzzling drink, or should Markstrom be replaced?

Pastor Of Muppetz

Oct 1, 2017
What makes a goalie a #1 or not?

He's been a number 1 for the last season and a half.

The Vancouver market has a real blind spot with goalies, unless they're top 6-10 goalies in the league, they aren't true number 1's. It makes no sense.

Markstrom is a league average starter and was trending this way both years he matched Miller save for save.
Last season, it always seemed that he was conceding that weak early goal, maybe thats why I'm not giving him enough credit..I rewatched the Av's game yesterday and (appealing to authority here) Burke and Hrudey say he's a #1......Good for the Canucks if he is.

4Twenty

Dec 18, 2018
Last season, it always seemed that he was conceding that weak early goal, maybe thats why I'm not giving him enough credit..I rewatched the Av's game yesterday and (appealing to authority here) Burke and Hrudey say he's a #1......Good for the Canucks if he is.
But even then, conceding an early goal doesn't mean he's not performing as a starter.

Since the start of last season, Markstrom is 6th in minutes played, 9th in shots against, and 19th in SV% for goalies with more than 65 games.

He's a bonafide starter, like I said, Goalies tend to be a blindspot in Vancouver, where if you're not playing like 06-07 Luongo you're not a starter.

Reactions: daddyohsix

Hit the post

I have your gold medal Zippy!
Oct 1, 2015
Hiding under WTG's bed...
How can this be bottled and given to Demko to drink? If Miller had such a profound effect on Markstrom, the formula should most definitely be replicated and improved upon for Demko. We need Demko to become an elite #1. Is Markstrom enough of an elixer on par with the Miller *** guzzling drink, or should Markstrom be replaced?
Goaltending development does appear to remain a strength in the organization since the Nonis days. Even a bust like Lack was progressing nicely until he was dealt and another teams goalie coach messed with his mechanics. Look at Schneider & Markstrom progression from the days of Nonis to Benning. Makes one hopefull for Demko.

I am toxic

. . . even in small doses
Oct 24, 2014
Vancouver
Goaltending development does appear to remain a strength in the organization since the Nonis days. Even a bust like Lack was progressing nicely until he was dealt and another teams goalie coach messed with his mechanics. Look at Schneider & Markstrom progression from the days of Nonis to Benning. Makes one hopefull for Demko.

Yes, and one can see why it would be.

Locally we have the likes of Clarke, Woodley, Valana, Veit, Murray, Fuch, Auld, etc. of whom Clarke obviously is currently a Canucks coach. So even with the loss of Rollie and Clouts going back east, there is a wealth of experience already here, and always the possibility of luring someone like Korn here. There would be no excuse on the coaching front, and using assets to acquire Marky/Demko/DiPietro looks to have turned out well. Props to Gillis and Benning.

Reactions: Hit the post

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad