GDT: Game #51 Winnipeg Jets @ San Jose Sharks 7:30pm PST 23 Jan CSNCa Joe PavUSA edition

spintheblackcircle

incoming!!!
Mar 1, 2002
Yeah, I really want to get ahead of Anaheim. But it's looking less and less likely... If we have home ice against LA, I think we stand a chance if we're healthy.

Kings will not beat the Sharks this year, regardless. Sharks are the better team, top to bottom, this year. No doubt in my mind.

Pinkfloyd

Oct 29, 2006
Folsom
Niemi is an off-season trade and I would either see if I could get a 1st round pick out of him or dump him with Havlat, Stuart, or Burish for scraps.

matt trick

Jun 12, 2007
came here to say this..

To Jets-
Nemo
Hamilton
2014 2nd

to Sharks-
Trouba
2015 4th

Then Jedi mind control Tallon in Fla

to Fla-
Havlat
2014 3rd

to Sharks
Tim Thomas

:naughty:

May as well just go for Miller if we are clearing out 8.8m in cap space.

stator

Apr 17, 2012
San Jose
Kings will not beat the Sharks this year, regardless. Sharks are the better team, top to bottom, this year. No doubt in my mind.

Actually, this season is mirroring the playoffs so far. Each team has successfully defended their home ice.

But I do agree. The Sharks are the better team this year and have the odds of taking a win on their ice. I also believed they would have done the same if it was not for the illegal suspension of Torres.

spintheblackcircle

incoming!!!
Mar 1, 2002
Actually, this season is mirroring the playoffs so far. Each team has successfully defended their home ice.

Since Sharks last played the Kings, the Sharks are 12-4 and the Kings are 5-11.

The Kings are not the same team this year. They're just not.

stator

Apr 17, 2012
San Jose
Stalock was great, really liking his NHL game. We may have a player here, a real NHL starter.

He was. He often looks shaky but comes through. He made a couple of excellent saves last night, but the key was Sharks defense overall. They did not make the juicy turnovers in their zone. Jets were waiting for it, but it never really came.

The other aspect of the defense was PK. Jets seemed well-drilled, and had not much difficulty in getting set. They just could not catch the PK defense in a shift to clear a shot to the net. They also lost too many battles on the boards during their PP.

This game last night was a defensive gem. Hats off to the defensemen and Stalock.

I could not see Pav's score from where I sat on the opposite end. It was just a sea of bodies blocking the goal from my seat.

The other surprising aspect is the Jets looking like a western conference team. I think the Jets are going to be a force to reckon with in the near future.

ChubbChubby

Using tilt controls!
Nov 28, 2009
San Francisco, CA
Stalock was great, but it's still crazy to suggest trading Niemi in seriousness. Who knows how Stalock would handle a heavier load. Give him more starts for sure, but I wouldn't be so quick to hand him the mantle yet. Having two good goalies is a great luxury.

Arrch

Apr 11, 2011

Kings are still the best possession team in the league and have a depressed PDO, so look for that to rebound. I think it will ultimately come to whoever is the healthiest team.

Of course, if the Kings don't stop their tailspin soon, then they may lose the final divisional spot to the Canucks (Even though they've been floundering as of late).

Clarkington III

Rebuild? Refresh?
Aug 3, 2007
San Diego
Kings are still the best possession team in the league and have a depressed PDO, so look for that to rebound. I think it will ultimately come to whoever is the healthiest team.

Of course, if the Kings don't stop their tailspin soon, then they may lose the final divisional spot to the Canucks (Even though they've been floundering as of late).

One can only hope they fall far enough to face the Ducks in the first round and give the Sharks the Canucks.

WSS11

Oct 7, 2009

I agree. The only thing that worries me about LA is that if Quick goes insane again, we're in trouble. I want no part of Quick in the playoffs.

Pinkfloyd

Oct 29, 2006
Folsom

No team is ever really the same from one year to the next but the Kings will turn it around after the Olympic break. The Sharks are simply a much better team this year than they were last year and I think they may just be good enough to beat them if Boyle returns to form or they pick up a solid #4 d-man.

SHAR KS

Choking Hazard
Dec 7, 2011

I believe the kings are fully healthy right now and struggling. We are missing 2 top 6 players and Torres.

AstroDan

Stars, cars, guitars
Jan 29, 2009
NorCal
One can only hope they fall far enough to face the Ducks in the first round and give the Sharks the Canucks.
I said it early in the year, I'll say it again. "I think Vancouver misses the Playoffs this year."

May as well just go for Miller if we are clearing out 8.8m in cap space.

I never saw a need to spend big money on a goalie.
Go back and look at (recent) cup winners.
$2-4 mil and play D in front of them to win it all.
How many (recent) cups has big money won?
Lundqvist, Luongo etc...

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad