GDT: Game #51 Winnipeg Jets @ San Jose Sharks 7:30pm PST 23 Jan CSNCa Joe PavUSA edition

Barrie22

Shark fan in hiding
Aug 11, 2009
ontario
That's not how it works. The only way there is a cross-over between divisions is if both wild cards come from the same division. Otherwise, the top seed from the pacific faces the wild card from the pacific no matter whether they are the '1st' or '2nd' wild card.

Noo watch the video, it clearly says. Top seed (as of now anaheim) vs wild card spot with fewest amount of points ( no matter the division), 2nd seed (chicago) vs wild card with most points (again no matter the division).

And then it moves to the 2nd round and shows the wild card spots still in the same division they were in during the 1st round (again no matter of original division during the regular season). And so forth.

In your thinking what is the point of the points when it comes to the wild card? Team A could finish with 100 points in the pacific, team B could finish with 80 points in the central. So you are telling me anaheim the top seed in the conference has to play the better team of the wild card teams?

Might as well just throw out the point system, win system and well the regular season because seeding would not matter.

stator

Apr 17, 2012
San Jose
That's not how it works. The only way there is a cross-over between divisions is if both wild cards come from the same division. Otherwise, the top seed from the pacific faces the wild card from the pacific no matter whether they are the '1st' or '2nd' wild card.

But what happens if there only remains one team left in a division for the 2nd round? One team has to cross-over in that scenario. I cannot find how that would work out.

I do know, if the top seeded team exited on the 2nd round while wild card from their division is the cross-over and playing in the other division bracket, we're going to see fans go irate.

Reminds me of the Cubs vs. Padres playoff in the best of 5 format. Whiners up there in the windy city had the format changed to best of 7.

hockfan1991

Jun 29, 2010
But what happens if there only remains one team left in a division for the 2nd round? One team has to cross-over in that scenario. I cannot find how that would work out.

I do know, if the top seeded team exited on the 2nd round while wild card from their division is the cross-over and playing in the other division bracket, we're going to see fans go irate.

Reminds me of the Cubs vs. Padres playoff in the best of 5 format. Whiners up there in the windy city had the format changed to best of 7.

Their will never be one team in a division after a second round there will only be 1 team left for the conference finals one from central one from pacific. No one ever crossed over. The only one that takes place is a wild card team. But once they are locked in that seed they will be in that division till they are eliminated or advance

Led Zappa

Tomorrow Today
Jan 8, 2007
Silicon Valley
There is no crossing over after the first round. The winner of a conference plays the team that is 8th in points. The team that wins the other division plays the team that is 7th in points. The 2nd and 3rd place teams of each division play each other. The brackets are now set and nothing changes that.

Here is the current bracket as of today: http://www.nhlplayoffsbracket.com/2014/index.php

Bracket.png

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad