Pre-Game Talk: Game #51: Vancouver Canucks @ Edmonton Oilers - Tuesday, Jan. 21st 6:30PM - SNET-P

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nuckles

_________
Apr 27, 2010
heck
I accidentally herpderped and made this the GDT this morning. THE GAME IS TOMORROW, SORRY IF I CONFUSED ANY OF YOU.

Nuckles

_________
Apr 27, 2010
heck
https://twitter.com/BradZiemer/status/425353069103034369
Kesler with Daniel and Burrows; Richardson with Kassian and Booth; Dalpe with Hansen and Higgins; Lain with Sestito and Weise. #Canucks

https://twitter.com/sportsnetmurph/status/425354675773112321
This won't come as a shock, but Henrik Sedin's ironman streak is over. #canucks captain won't play versus #oilers.

vader.jpg

Last edited:

mrmyheadhurts

Registered Boozer
Mar 22, 2007
Vancouver
Henrik, man, what a run, I hope the Canucks find a way for the fans to acknowledge and appreciate an incredible streak.

This must be killing him by the way.

Puck Daddy and former Canuck fan Harrison Mooney with his take:

http://ca.sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nh...esday-ending-iron-201320049--nhl.html#more-id

This is, after all, the guy that went along with a plan to play 22 seconds in a meaningless late game a few seasons back just so he could rest along with his linemates without losing his streak. He claims it matters more to trainer Mike Burnstein, but that's a crock. This streak means so much to Henrik he was willing to see himself expire before it did.

It's official, the Sedins will have shots taken at them no matter what. An admirable and impressive streak and writers are basically mocking him for caring and questioning the legitimacy of the streak. I also love that this Harrison guy thinks he knows Henrik's body better than he does. If it was Crosby there would be a ticker tape parade for him gutting it out and playing through injuries. However, Henrik is simply a selfish player who was trying to preserve a streak for his own ego.

Last edited:

GrogZilla

Mar 31, 2013
News from practice:

Henrik Sedin will not make the trip to Edmonton. He is listed as day-to-day.

Schroeder, Stanton took the morning skate.

Hollywood Burrows

Jan 23, 2009
EAST VANCOUVER
Henrik, man, what a run, I hope the Canucks find a way for the fans to acknowledge and appreciate an incredible streak.

This must be killing him by the way.

Puck Daddy and former Canuck fan Harrison Mooney with his take:

http://ca.sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nh...esday-ending-iron-201320049--nhl.html#more-id

It's official, the Sedins will have shots taken at them no matter what. An admirable and impressive streak and writers are basically mocking him for caring and questioning the legitimacy of the streak. I also love that this Harrison guy thinks he knows Henrik's body better than he does. If it was Crosby there would be a ticker tape parade for him gutting it out and playing through injuries. However, Henrik is simply a selfish player who was trying to preserve a streak for his own ego.

Harrison Mooney isn't a human being with genuine opinions about hockey, he's an SEO bot that can be fed a list of athletes names and quickly generate superficially counterintuitive/controversial 'hot takes' that can be posted to blogs in order to drive search results/serve ad content etc.

m9

m9
Sponsor
Jan 23, 2010
Getting Stanton back will be nice.

That said, Weber has filled in alright the last couple weeks. Scored a big goal and played some big minutes the other night. Tries to play physical despite not having the body to do it.

Here's my back-handed compliment of the day - Weber is really good at getting back when he gets burned in the offensive zone. He has good speed and great acceleration, so when he makes his a bad play or pinch he's gotten back in a hurry.

Verviticus

Jul 23, 2010
Harrison Mooney isn't a human being with genuine opinions about hockey, he's an SEO bot that can be fed a list of athletes names and quickly generate superficially counterintuitive/controversial 'hot takes' that can be posted to blogs in order to drive search results/serve ad content etc.

hes also pretty funny

bure 96

Sep 6, 2013
Daniel needs to pick it up. He's been playing like a mediocre player for 2 months now. On pace for 64 points.

arttk

Feb 16, 2006
Los Angeles
Can we put Schroeder and Stanton back in ? It's the Oilers anyways, won't be too different than a no touch scrimmage.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad