Pre-Game Talk: Game #51: Vancouver Canucks @ Edmonton Oilers - Tuesday, Jan. 21st 6:30PM - SNET-P

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nuckles

_________
Apr 27, 2010
heck
large.png
@
large.png

WHEN: Tuesday, January 21st, 6:30PM PST
WHERE: Rexall Place, Edmonton, Alberta
TV: Sportsnet Pacific
RADIO: TEAM 1040AM

Vancouver Canucks

Daniel Sedin - Ryan Kesler - Alex Burrows
Chris Higgins - Zac Dalpe - Jannik Hansen
David Booth - Brad Richardson - Zack Kassian
Tom Sestito - Kellan Lain - Dale Weise

Dan Hamhuis - Chris Tanev
Jason Garrison - Kevin Bieksa
Alex Edler - Yannick Weber

Roberto Luongo

Edmonton Oilers

Taylor Hall - Ryan Nugent-Hopkins - Sam Gagner
Nail Yakupov - Mark Arcobello - Jordan Eberle
Ryan Smyth - Boyd Gordon - David Perron
Luke Gazdic - Matt Hendricks - Ryan Jones

Andrew Ference - Justin Schultz
Martin Marincin - Jeff Petry
Nick Schultz - Anton Belov

Ben Scrivens

Mg8eZqA.png

https://twitter.com/sportsnetmurph/status/425354675773112321
This won't come as a shock, but Henrik Sedin's ironman streak is over. #canucks captain won't play versus #oilers.

R.I.P. Henrik Sedin's ironman streak
March 21st, 2004 - January 18th, 2014
679 regular season games + 75 playoff games

Last edited:

SighReally

Sep 6, 2011
Whoever is doing this GDT we need a "Passion of Torts" theme. Please.

Also, would be pretty classless of the Oilers to goon it up on the opening draw since they submit their lineup last.

stevecanuck16

Jul 28, 2009
As the Canucks are the visiting team, they will have to submit their opening lineup first. Will be interesting to see what they choose. I would go for a safe middle-ground of Hansen-Richardson-Kassian, personally.

If we send out Sestito-Lain-Weise, it will look pretty bad. If we throw out the Sedins, what will happen if Edmonton puts out their 4th.

Never been so interested to see the starting lineups before.

Mr. Canucklehead

Kitimat Canuck
Dec 14, 2002
Kitimat, BC
Likely no Tortorella makes me a sad panda.

Kassian has certainly been cruising for a scrap the last few games; wonder if he finds a willing partner in this one.

Johnny Canucker

Jan 4, 2009
Likely no Tortorella makes me a sad panda.

Kassian has certainly been cruising for a scrap the last few games; wonder if he finds a willing partner in this one.

Im curious to know what a coach suspension entails? Can he still run practises? Set lines? Be in the dressing room? Go on road trips?

TheWanderer

Nov 15, 2013
I'd submit Higgins - Kesler - Kassian. It can be passed as our 1st line right now ( :( ) but is tough enough in the case of a stupid Calgary situation to start this game off.

iFan

May 5, 2013
Calgary
Don't be surprised if Oilers try ****, to get back for Gagner and the Hall hit, Canucks are at a low right now with a lot of crap around them so I could see this as a time for the Oilers to stir it up even more.

stevecanuck16

Jul 28, 2009
Don't be surprised if Oilers try ****, to get back for Gagner and the Hall hit, Canucks are at a low right now with a lot of crap around them so I could see this as a time for the Oilers to stir it up even more.

Oilers could see this as a unique opportunity for some team-building. Canucks have been scrappy lately, and it won't take much push from the Oilers to start something. It's not like Edmonton really has anything to lose.

Grumbler

Oct 25, 2012
I'm willing to bet the Oilers are gonna try something similar to the flames.

me2

Go ahead foot
Jun 28, 2002
Make my day.
Whoever is doing this GDT we need a "Passion of Torts" theme. Please.

Also, would be pretty classless of the Oilers to goon it up on the opening draw since they submit their lineup last.

That's all the toughness they have and it'd be gone for the game. Kassian and Bieksa would have a field day.

Oilers could see this as a unique opportunity for some team-building. Canucks have been scrappy lately, and it won't take much push from the Oilers to start something. It's not like Edmonton really has anything to lose.

They are also brutally soft after their 4th line so it's not something they can win either. The last thing they need is someone breaking RNH.

CanucksSayEh

Apr 6, 2012
Oilers can go ahead and do whatever they want. As soon as their goons are kicked out, they're left with a bunch of fragile kids while we still have a couple of Weise, Tostitos, Kass, Juice, Edler ( to wreck Hall and Ebs ) ect ect.

Catamarca Livin

Jul 29, 2010

Their small young star players have a lot to lose. RNH and Hall along with the other top 9 plus all their dman are not built for wars. Gazdic does play muc

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad