Post-Game Talk: Game 51 - Enjoy Vacation Bruins - BRUINS 3 Vegas 2 F

elMatador

Feb 20, 2008
McAvoy's reckless skating is starting to be a concern. Last year he took out Rask on Chytil's goal, earlier this season he banged up his head against the goal post, 2 games ago he almost took out Halak, tonight he could have ended paralyzed.

Last edited:

BAD BOY

Mar 24, 2018
Peabody, Mass
Jake Debrusk when he goes full man body is going to be an absolute force... he's been a beauty lately. Great goal. Lauzon is an NHL player. Karson Kuhlman... love him, NHL player. Thought Blidh played great... NHL player. Great move by Butch keeping the Coyle line together, both them and the Krech line played real well. Great win and this break will be perfect for the Bs.
We need Jake Debrusk like this more consistent

bobbyorr04

Bruins fan 4ever
Sponsor
Apr 12, 2011
Good comeback by the B's and the refs were decent tonight

Big 2 points going into the break ..I think we'll see a well rested, more motivated team with better goaltending when they get back

Toughness and having each others backs is still the elephant in the room

If they can put together a more physical roster (with some of the kids) after the break, it'll be more fun to watch

Johnny4778

Jan 26, 2006
Heinen gets so much **** here it is unreal.
Maybe but at the end of day most nights he isnt an impact player... I’d much rather have PJ Axellson is his prime and Id certainly would not worry one bit if Heinen was a piece in a trade to bring in a better player. At same time kid is decent 3rd liner.

Reactions: Strafer

Alberta_OReilly_Fan

Bruin fan since 1975
Nov 26, 2006
Edmonton Canada
without any contribution from the big line... they battle it out with a team that is living and dying for every point in their own playoff race... just fired their coach and are supposedly trying to salvage their season

it was a knock down drag them out game... couple rather soft goals went in which gave vegas a lot more life than they really deserved...

but than halak made some big saves too... all-in-all, bruins could have just rolled over with the softies going in... but they battled hard

debrusk can be infuriating with his cold streaks... but when hes hot he is a difference maker. it is nice having a difference maker on the second line

lauzon and blidh both did what we hoped... its easy to see both as ready for nhl service right now. people can call our farm system last in the league all they want, but are kids look legit when I see them get their toes wet.

the rest is coming at a good time for us me thinks... marchand and Bergeron have clearly been at less than full speed for the past 20something games or so... chara should be taking it easy this year too. and of cours we want to see rask make sure hes fully recovered before he plays again

all-in-all... this team is looking like it will be a real force in these playoffs. people say it has a hole or two... I say name me a team that doesnt

we knew Washington and st louis would be tough opponents all year. they both know boston will be a tough opponent.

play the games and see who comes out on top. I like our chances

missingchicklet

Jan 24, 2010
Hope donny isn't showcasing lauzon. This guy looks like a fixture on the blue line for years. He's a keeper. The 2015 nhl draft might not be bad after all. Carlo debrusk lauzon. I'm happy now.
Lauzon played physical tonight and held his own. That sweet goal was really nice as well. And folks need to remember this was Lauzon's 4th game in 5 nights. Let that sink in for a minute. I hope he stays as well. It would be a mistake to trade him unless it is in a package with a very good return.

BadBruins

Aug 10, 2005
PEI
I thought Lauzon assisted on the DeBrusk goal as well. Looked like he redirected the puck to Coyle prior to sending DeBrusk in for the snipe. Nice to have another blueliner who doesn't need special treatment. That's where I'm kind of torn with Chara and Krug. Even Grzelyck. All generally need a specific type of partner. To be honest, I'm not sure Carlo or McAcoy benefit at all from their de facto partners.

Nice to see a win without the top line or PP doing a damn thing.

SPLBRUIN

Mar 21, 2010
Maybe but at the end of day most nights he isnt an impact player... I’d much rather have PJ Axellson is his prime and Id certainly would not worry one bit if Heinen was a piece in a trade to bring in a better player. At same time kid is decent 3rd liner.

Trade him and all the criticism stops.

Reactions: Strafer

DarrenBanks56

May 16, 2005
Heinen, 1st and a prospect should get a pretty good player if we can fit under the cap. Wouldn’t hurt my feelings. If we are at a state where Heinen is not tradeable than I don’t even know what to say.
heinen is what he is.
but the bad is what we all see. i saw him kill a 3 on 1 and a nice 3 on 2 with bad passes.

JCRO

At least I'm safe inside my mind
Sponsor
Mar 8, 2011
Thought the fourth line turned it on in the second half of this game- Id like to see a little more of Blidh.

Although I thought he was running around a bit. It’s also his first bit of action in awhile. And if the fourth line can keep energy going like that, I love it

Reactions: bobbyorr04

Trizz617

Jan 5, 2018
Boston/Quebec
soundcloud.com
I thought Lauzon assisted on the DeBrusk goal as well. Looked like he redirected the puck to Coyle prior to sending DeBrusk in for the snipe. Nice to have another blueliner who doesn't need special treatment. That's where I'm kind of torn with Chara and Krug. Even Grzelyck. All generally need a specific type of partner. To be honest, I'm not sure Carlo or McAcoy benefit at all from their de facto partners.

Nice to see a win without the top line or PP doing a damn thing.

I don't wanna jump the gun, but I could envision a Lauzon-Carlo, Vak-Mac combo, in due time. And I love Krug and respect Gryz's game.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad