GDT: Game 51: Detroit Red Wings @ Minnesota Wild - 1/22/2020 - 8 PM EST NBCSN

Hen Kolland

Feb 22, 2018
So Eddie O is projecting Zadina to fit in somewhere between the #4 to #9 spot out of the top 9 forwards on the team moving forward. And Pierre is saying he could eventually get up to 25-30 goals a season. Seems like a couple of a conservative projections? or am I just biased

Classic over correction to expectations.

If you asked Pierre about Zadina at the draft, I can guarantee you he would have talked about Zadina being the next 40 goal scorer in the NHL.

It’s not just fans on HF that can’t avoid that type of reaction.

Henkka

Jan 31, 2004
Tampere, Finland
51YaNifLvlL._SX425_.jpg

Shoot the puck in the net. Good things sometimes happen.

YpsiWings

Feb 5, 2016
So Eddie O is projecting Zadina to fit in somewhere between the #4 to #9 spot out of the top 9 forwards on the team moving forward. And Pierre is saying he could eventually get up to 25-30 goals a season. Seems like a couple of a conservative projections? or am I just biased

I was thinking the same thing, very conservative projections. Zadina’s ceiling is absolutely a top line winger.

MTU hockey

Mar 4, 2013
Colorado
I hope Smith stays up for the rest of the season. Plays exactly the way you want a bottom six grinder to play, he doesn't get manhandled in front of the net and he screens goalies really well.

Jul 30, 2005
I mean, what is location, really
From an outside perspective, Zadina hasn't done a lot to impress since his draft year. He wasn't great at his last WJC, and he didn't put up particularly impressive numbers in the AHL.

Fil Larkmanthanasiou

Feb 10, 2018
From an outside perspective, Zadina hasn't done a lot to impress since his draft year. He wasn't great at his last WJC, and he didn't put up particularly impressive numbers in the AHL.
His numbers were quite impressive for a kid his age. Most players coming out of the CHL would have had to play another year or 2 in juniors after being drafted before being eligible to play in the A.

Last edited:

Claypool

Jan 12, 2009
It's far too early to project where Zadina will fit long-term. He's much better now than he was earlier this season, so it's a positive sign.

Steve Yzerlland

Jul 18, 2018
Zadina looking like the reason I stubbed my toe on the coffee table in celebration when we got him on draft night Lol!

Tatar Shots

Feb 2, 2014

Eddie O hates the Wings. As for Pierre, a consistent 30 goal scorer would be one of the best goal scorers in the league

DetroitRed

Crashes the Crease
Apr 7, 2013
Detroit
It's amazing how many silver linings there are on this bad season. I'm thinking about Zadina seeming to finally work out just as some fans were losing patience with him. What else? Fabbri, Mantha's start, Smith, Seider. A lot of things are working out despite the losses and injuries.

Reactions: jkutswings

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad