HGhPYPJ.jpg

qk5dbHV.jpg

Znhjtin.jpg

td-garden_t1.jpg

:eek:

Tonight's Officials

NHLHS_10.jpg
130p_hebertj.jpg

Referees Kyle Rehman (10), Jean Hebert (15)
Linesmen Michel Cormier (76), Steve Barton (59)

Ntl. Anthem Rene Rancourt

WAYBACK MACHINE

TONIGHT’S GAME

The Bruins host the Red Wings tonight in the 3rd of 4 games between these teams and the 1st of 2 Detroit visits of the season to TD Garden … The Bruins are 23-21-6 thus far this season with a 10-12-0 mark on home ice … They are 12-5-1 vs. Atlantic Division
opponents and are 17-12-6 vs. Eastern Conference teams this season.

They are playing game 6 tonight of a stretch where they play 5 of 7 games prior to the All-Star break on home ice (1-3-1) following a span when they faced 9 of their previous 11 games on the road (5-4-2).

BOSTON vs DETROIT, LIFETIME SERIES

The Bruins and Red Wings are meeting for the 595th time in their histories with the Bruins having a 244-251-95-4 record and 1,791-1,776 scoring edge in those games.

The Bruins are 160-92-43-2 in their 297 home games of this lifetime series with a 1,039-786 scoring advantage in those contests.

The Bruins have taken points out of 9 of their last 10 games vs. the Red Wings at 8-1-1, including a 1-0 road win on 10/29 & 6-5 shootout loss in Detroit on 1/18 in the 1st 2 games of this season’s series, with their lone regulation loss in that span a 6-5 setback in
Detroit on 2/14 of last season … They have won their last 4 home games vs. the Red Wings and are 7-3-2 in their last 12 games vs.Detroit in Boston.

Fun Fact – The Bruins (53.0%) and Red Wings (52.6%) entered tonight’s contest as the 3rd & 4th ranked teams, respectively, in the NHL in faceoff percentage and they are the top 2 in the Eastern Conference.

MILESTONES APPROACHING

Jimmy Hayes is 2 points short of his 100th NHL point.
Dominic Moore is 3 goals shy of his 100th NHL goal.

INJURIES (129 total man-games lost)

Kevan Miller – Concussion suffered 1/14 vs PHI; Has missed 4 games
Colin Miller – Lower body suffered 1/10 at STL; Has missed 6 games

https://link.nhl.com/static/gamenotes/public/20162017/[email protected]?1485232755000

PREVIEW

Last week in Detroit, the Red Wings rallied from three goals down and stunned the Boston Bruins 6-5 in a shootout.

Both teams have played twice since and have lost each game, but the losses have been entirely different.

The teams meet again in Boston on Tuesday with opposite outlooks in the final week before the All-Star break.

The Red Wings have suffered a pair of overtime losses since the Bruins left town. Boston, on the other hand, has scored one goal in losing two straight to run its losing streak to four in a row -- as storm clouds continue to hover above the head of coach Claude Julien.

The Red Wings lost two forwards -- Dylan Larkin (upper body) and Thomas Vanek (lower) to injuries in Sunday's 1-0 overtime loss to the New York Rangers. Neither will play Tuesday and Steve Ott, out with a shoulder injury, practiced Monday but didn't know if he'd be able to go in Boston.

"I'm not worried about who we don't have, I'm worried about the guys that will be dressed," coach Jeff Blashill said. "We'll have 20 good enough to go win a hockey game in Boston. We gotta go execute."

So do the Bruins, who are 3-5-2 in their last 10 games and 10-12-0 on the season at home, where they have been shut out in their last two contests.

As Julien deals with the questions about his job security -- or lack of it -- he continues to coach his team. He lost Tuukka Rask to a migraine during Sunday's loss in Pittsburgh and the goaltender didn't practice Monday.

How important is it for Rask to be in the lineup? Well, he is 22-14-4 and often the reason the Bruins are in games. The other two goalies, Zane McIntyre and Anton Khudobin, are a combined 1-8-2.

Julien put the Bruins through a 50-minute workout Monday and liked what he saw.

"Sometimes, you have to go back to the drawing board when you see enough of different things," Julien said. "We decided that we need a little eye-opening moment.

"I liked our practice today. And I hope our guys can bring that kind of energy and determination (Tuesday)."

The Bruins could get the Millers -- defensemen Colin and Kevan -- back from injury Tuesday. Colin has been out six games with a lower-body injury and Kevan is nursing an upper-body ailment. Both practice Monday.

"Colin was full contact, so we're evaluating him as we speak. Kevan, it depends on how well he feels," Julien said.

Tomas Jurco will provide depth for the Red Wings, who could also use veteran forward Drew Miller, who cleared waivers Monday for a trip to the minors but could be available.

Rask shut the Red Wings out in Boston with 24 saves on Oct. 29.

The Red Wings, currently on the outside looking in at the playoff picture, can make up ground Tuesday and Wednesday, at Boston and home against the Toronto Maple Leafs.

"These are big games ... division games, teams we are chasing," captain Henrik Zetterberg said. "If we win those games we are going great so that's what we need to do."

The Bruins are 8-2-1 in the last 2 1/2 seasons against the Red Wings.

Last edited:

TP

Global Moderator
Dec 2, 2008
I feel bad for you Fens..

You put more effort in these, than the team on the ice.

smithformeragent

Sep 22, 2005
Milford, NH
Watching these games, I feel like Bruce Wayne locked up in a pit, being forced to watch the destruction of Gotham.

"When it's done and Clode is fired, then you have my permission to turn off the TV."

Patrice37

Jul 19, 2006
I'll be there tonight and for the first time in almost a decade, I'm really not looking forward to it.

smack66

Mar 5, 2008
ontario
I wonder what team we are going to see tonight.

I continue to hope that this team stands pat until close to the deadline. I think GM and Pres will be forced to make decisions based on the actual standings at the trade deadline vs how they actually think this team should be performing.

Kate08

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 30, 2010
Was able to unload my tickets for tonight, and didn't take a loss on them.

It's a win!

Midship

Jan 7, 2016
Sucks as a fan, but I'm rooting for more losses for two reasons: 1) give the inept FO no choice but to sell at the deadline and 2) improve the draft position as much as possible.

DaStinger

Permanent Interim
Feb 14, 2007
NB, Canada
Sucks as a fan, but I'm rooting for more losses for two reasons: 1) give the inept FO no choice but to sell at the deadline and 2) improve the draft position as much as possible.

I'm in the same boat, hoping for a big L to help push management in the direction this team needs to go.

BsEuphoria

The Future
Sep 21, 2013
Win or lose, just get Pasta to hit the twine please, just feel like the flood gates will open when it happens

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad