GDT: [Game #51] Dallas Stars @ Toronto Maple Leafs – 6:00 PM CT (BSSW)

Troy McClure

Suter will never be scratched
Mar 12, 2002
South of Heaven
never understood the criticism Dadonov gets on these boards at times. He’s such a good player to have in the bottom 6. He’s underrated in the sense that he’s pretty strong on his feet and in the corners. Stealthy offensive weapon. His hustle shows every game too.
It's mostly that he's one of two forwards who make any real money the team could trade to make cap room to upgrade at D.

LT

Global Moderator
Jul 23, 2010
It's mostly that he's one of two forwards who make any real money the team could trade to make cap room to upgrade at D.

That's true. But just knowing what we know about Nill and how Dadonov got f***ed around by Ottawa and Vegas, I can't see him moving. Doesn't seem like something Nill would do.

I think it's also important to note that he is actually outscoring Benn at even strength. If Dadonov was getting any regular PP time, I don't think there'd be any question that he's sticking around.

Reactions: MBTendy

M88K

irreverent
May 24, 2014
That's true. But just knowing what we know about Nill and how Dadonov got f***ed around by Ottawa and Vegas, I can't see him moving. Doesn't seem like something Nill would do.

I think it's also important to note that he is actually outscoring Benn at even strength. If Dadonov was getting any regular PP time, I don't think there'd be any question that he's sticking around.
He didn't get f***ed around by Vegas.
They tried to trade him to Anaheim not knowing he had a NTC. The trade deadline passed before that situation was resolved that isn't on Vegas at all.
They then traded him to Montreal in the offseason, because his NTC couldn't stop that.
If Ottawa was run by anyone with any semblance of competency that whole situation would have been avoided

piqued

nos merentur hoc
Nov 22, 2006
Dadonov was terrible for large stretches of the 1st half of the season.

Reactions: LT

catters078

Jun 18, 2008
Australia
I think the Dadonov noise more centres as who is playing in the AHL and fans are so excited about joining Dallas.

Ie if Dadonov wasn't there then Stank or Borque would be.

Guy is gonna have a 20 goal season as a 3rd/4th liner on a 2 mill deal and forechecks hard.

He's an asset but viewed as a negative purely from circumstance

Reactions: LT

LT

Global Moderator
Jul 23, 2010
I think the Dadonov noise more centres as who is playing in the AHL and fans are so excited about joining Dallas.

Ie if Dadonov wasn't there then Stank or Borque would be.

Guy is gonna have a 20 goal season as a 3rd/4th liner on a 2 mill deal and forechecks hard.

He's an asset but viewed as a negative purely from circumstance

It's also the second year on his contract. That was a head scratcher from the moment it was announced.

We have a natural spot opening for one of the two AHL stars with Duchene leaving. Pavelski is impossible to gauge. Smith will likely be gone, but that's just a 4th line role.

Steel has been an interesting player too, and I think he more than anyone else "stole" the spot that Bourque and Stankoven could've had. But since he's young and very cheap, we're all much more pleased with him than we would be otherwise.

Reactions: catters078

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad