GDT: [Game #51] Dallas Stars @ Toronto Maple Leafs – 6:00 PM CT (BSSW)

Kcb12345

Jun 6, 2017
Kinda wild we only had 6 total goals in our last 5 games against the Leafs. Wow. 5 straight losses, this will be 6

We reallyy suck against them for some reason.

Kcb12345

Jun 6, 2017
Until this period, the Stars didn't seem to be having that bad of a game at even strength imo.

4 on 2 and Lindell dumps it in on goal lol

Magic Mittens

Nov 2, 2006
Calgary
It's mind boggling how we're tied for 3rd in the NHL with how off Otter and Miro have been this season, and how many games they come out so flat

starsfan86

Sep 27, 2006
Robertson what the f*** happened to your shot man? Either gets blocked or misses completely

JeffP

had meat hello
Nov 30, 2010
Until this period, the Stars didn't seem to be having that bad of a game at even strength imo.
it is probably due to back to back

robertson almost put it back OUT of the zone... jfc
I don't want to whipping boy him.. but zone entry drop pass was bad there

MrHeiskanen

Nov 12, 2017
Robertson is so bad.

Coach should yank Robertson off again, total shit play.

Can't tie the game with this decision making up Robertson.

• Haha
Reactions: Elysian

Kcb12345

Jun 6, 2017
Johnston and Dadonov on the bench there at the end was a curious decision. Personally I would've gone with the goal scorers over Robertson and Pavelski

Oh well, at least we scored goals against the Leafs this time.

Reactions: starsfan86

starsfan86

Sep 27, 2006
Johnston and Dadonov on the bench there at the end was a curious decision. Personally I would've gone with the goal scorers over Robertson and Pavelski
Seriously.. why are Pavelski, Robertson, and Benn out there during that. f***ing Pejorative Slur coaches.

Robertson is so bad.

Coach should yank Robertson off again, total shit play.

Can't tie the game with this decision making up Robertson.
Not sure why that’s funny because it’s true. The guy is overrated as f***

Last edited by a moderator:
  • Haha
Reactions: Elysian

Zapp

Owner of Fellas Club
Mar 14, 2016
Jyvaskyla
If Jim Nill is watching this team and doesn't go and get a top 4 defenseman he needs to be gone this offseason.

I don't care what it costs at this point. It's just throwing the season away if you go into playoffs with Jani Hakanpaa in your top 6.

Won’t happen. I forgot the draft is going to be at the sphere in Vegas this year. I’d put a lot of money down that we’re keeping our 1st to be involved in those festivities.

at most we’re moving a 2nd for a small upgrade.

starsfan86

Sep 27, 2006
Won’t happen. I forgot the draft is going to be at the sphere in Vegas this year. I’d put a lot of money down that we’re keeping our 1st to be involved in those festivities.

at most we’re moving a 2nd for a small upgrade.
I’ve heard this upcoming draft is pretty weak. Then again, they said that about 2017 too

MBTendy

May 6, 2009
Glad I learned my lesson and didn’t spend $400+ to attend the Stars/Leafs this year.

Much rather go to Montreal/Detroit/Buffalo then going when they visit Toronto. This team sucks against Dallas

Reactions: Satan

M88K

irreverent
May 24, 2014
Seriously.. why are Pavelski, Robertson, and Benn out there during that. f***ing re tard coaches.

Not sure why that’s funny because it’s true. The guy is overrated as f***
Again where is this coming from? who is pumping his tires?
He's been pretty bad this year and is still the only ppg player on the team, if only every players down year was as productive. Did everyone just expect last year was going to be his new standard of play or something?

Reactions: Elysian and MBTendy

Satan

MIGHTY
Apr 13, 2010
Lapland
Glad I learned my lesson and didn’t spend $400+ to attend the Stars/Leafs this year.

Much rather go to Montreal/Detroit/Buffalo then going when they visit Toronto. This team sucks against Dallas
when i was living in kingston/toronto i always attended just because it was basically an annual thing but the ticket prices in toronto are outrageous... and it feels like the Stars have been getting slapped up in Toronto since 2010

jballa95

Aug 18, 2013

Went to the game last night. It was one of the most expensive outings I've had in a long while. The exorbitant pricing aside, it was cool to see how this core has created a new wave of young Dallas fans. A large portion of the Dallas sweaters in the crowd were kids wearing Oettinger, Robertson, or Heiskanen jerseys.

Troy McClure

Suter will never be scratched
Mar 12, 2002
South of Heaven
Again where is this coming from? who is pumping his tires?
He's been pretty bad this year and is still the only ppg player on the team, if only every players down year was as productive. Did everyone just expect last year was going to be his new standard of play or something?
The fifth highest paid player on the team is leading them in offense and is doing so with the lowest shooting percentage of his career. Robertson has never been fast or physical or a shifty stickhandler, so I'm not sure what people want there.

The only difference between this guy and previous seasons is his wrist shot quality isn't quite a good. Maybe it is something he can't recover this season. I have no idea if it's mental or physical. I do know he's taking fewer shots and fewer of them are going in. This means a hampered Robertson is still producing a lot of offense.

Here are some per game numbers to put his shooting in perspective:

Last season
Missed shots 1.2
Shots blocked 0.2
Shots on goal 3.8
Total shot attmepts 5.2
Ratio = 73% of shot attempts are unblocked & on net

This season
Missed shots 1.3
Shots blocked 0.3
Shots on goal 2.9
Total shot attempts 4.5
Ratio = 64% of shot attempts are unblocked & on net

M88K

irreverent
May 24, 2014
The fifth highest paid player on the team is leading them in offense and is doing so with the lowest shooting percentage of his career. Robertson has never been fast or physical or a shifty stickhandler, so I'm not sure what people want there.

The only difference between this guy and previous seasons is his wrist shot quality isn't quite a good. Maybe it is something he can't recover this season. I have no idea if it's mental or physical. I do know he's taking fewer shots and fewer of them are going in. This means a hampered Robertson is still producing a lot of offense.

Last season
Missed shots 1.2
Shots blocked 0.2
Shots on goal 3.8
Total shot attmepts 5.2

This season
Missed shots 1.3
Shots blocked 0.3
Shots on goal 2.9
Total shot attempts 4.5
Even excluding shots, his decision making/passing hasn't been as good as last season either. But people are acting like he's actively hampering the team because he's not pacing for another 40g 100p season. He wouldn't make the top 20 list of issues with this team.

starsfan86

Sep 27, 2006

Last season
Missed shots 1.2
Shots blocked 0.2
Shots on goal 3.8
Total shot attmepts 5.2

This season
Missed shots 1.3
Shots blocked 0.3
Shots on goal 2.9
Total shot attempts 4.5
It’s nice to see these stats vs the eye test. I would have guessed his percentage a lot lower than last year but I guess not. I do think his passing and decision making has regressed this year.

Reactions: Kipper 17
Sep 20, 2013
In The Crease
Huh, Dadonov has more goals (12) than Domi (4) and Bertuzzi (6) combined, while being on a cheaper cap hit. Nill must have taken my advice last summer on never trusting the production put up by players on bad teams gifted prime opportunities which won't be replicated on your own team. ;)

Reactions: LT and MBTendy

MBTendy

May 6, 2009
Huh, Dadonov has more goals (12) than Domi (4) and Bertuzzi (6) combined, while being on a cheaper cap hit. Nill must have taken my advice last summer on never trusting the production put up by players on bad teams gifted prime opportunities which won't be replicated on your own team. ;)
never understood the criticism Dadonov gets on these boards at times. He’s such a good player to have in the bottom 6. He’s underrated in the sense that he’s pretty strong on his feet and in the corners. Stealthy offensive weapon. His hustle shows every game too.

MrHeiskanen

Nov 12, 2017
Even excluding shots, his decision making/passing hasn't been as good as last season either. But people are acting like he's actively hampering the team because he's not pacing for another 40g 100p season. He wouldn't make the top 20 list of issues with this team.

If the dude gave a consistent effort I would care less, like last night the dude was skating hard, hitting, forechecking.. but he only did it because he was playing against his brother and the game was in Toronto. If it was a Wednesday night against Arizona Coyotes he would do nothing.

piqued

nos merentur hoc
Nov 22, 2006
Went to the game last night. It was one of the most expensive outings I've had in a long while. The exorbitant pricing aside, it was cool to see how this core has created a new wave of young Dallas fans. A large portion of the Dallas sweaters in the crowd were kids wearing Oettinger, Robertson, or Heiskanen jerseys.
Very cool! While Toronto doesn't have the best reputation for atmosphere it is Toronto after all and you're seeing your team under the bright lights. There's no doubt as time goes on you notice more and more road Stars fans. I can see out-of-market kids really taking to Johnston as well as he becomes more known.

Reactions: LT

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad