GDT: Game 51: Columbus at Ottawa | 2/7 7PM EST

Jackets Fan

Mar 28, 2014
Central Ohio
I've been really impressed with Boll lately. I don't know if he worked on his skating, or if the coaching staff had some sort of talk with him, but he has really stepped his play up lately. He actually has looked like an NHL caliber 4th liner, and not just some useless plug like early in the season. Really proud of him. He, Calvert and Tropp are playing miles better than they did early in the season.
Also pleased with our depth on D. Both Wiz and Murray were injured, but Prout and Goloubef came in and were very steady, and thensome.
This is actually looking like the team that went on a run each of the past 2 seasons ( probably due to being the healthiest they've been all season ). Not going to get my hopes up quite yet, though.

ca5150

Jul 17, 2006
Columbus, Ohio
I've been really impressed with Boll lately. I don't know if he worked on his skating, or if the coaching staff had some sort of talk with him, but he has really stepped his play up lately. He actually has looked like an NHL caliber 4th liner, and not just some useless plug like early in the season. Really proud of him. He, Calvert and Tropp are playing miles better than they did early in the season.
Also pleased with our depth on D. Both Wiz and Murray were injured, but Prout and Goloubef came in and were very steady, and thensome.
This is actually looking like the team that went on a run each of the past 2 seasons ( probably due to being the healthiest they've been all season ). Not going to get my hopes up quite yet, though.

I think it has everything to do with the 4th line having Calvert and Letestu on it now and he has some talent to play with again. Dude scored a ton of goals in Jr., he isn't just a goon that slipped into the league. You put Johansen with Chaput and Collins and he will look like garbage too!

WannabeFinn

Beloved One
May 31, 2014
Columbus
simulationhockey.com
I think it has everything to do with the 4th line having Calvert and Letestu on it now and he has some talent to play with again. Dude scored a ton of goals in Jr., he isn't just a goon that slipped into the league. You put Johansen with Chaput and Collins and he will look like garbage too!
You might be overlooking Boll's PIMs in juniors. Yeah he scored goals there as an overage player but he was no world beater.

SuperGenius

For Duty & Humanity!
Mar 18, 2008

You might be overlooking Boll's PIMs in juniors. Yeah he scored goals there as an overage player but he was no world beater.

Random thoughts: Boll has never played in the AHL. Not one game. he has also never been more than -9 in any season in the NHL.

I respect the guy for what he's done for this team and this town, on and off the ice. The way a lot of the fan base has turned on the guy bothers me, honestly. We used to be sentimental about these types of players (Shelley). I may agree that he's diminishing and no longer worthy of an NHL roster spot, but I can't dismiss his past contributions easily. If Richards thinks he's worth a spot, then I guess he is. Clearly his career in Columbus is nearing an end. I'm sure for some the contract is what really bothers them and intensifies the venom - but I've always said that contract seems to me like more of a 'thank you' type deal than what they really think he's worth. I think of it as his worth being about half of his pay, and JPM doubled it simply to thank him for putting it on the line for his teammates and being a good soldier off the ice too, both with charities, new players, etc.

I think if more people could consider his contract in this way, the hatred might be a little less intense.

Fro

Cheatin on CBJ w TBL
Mar 11, 2009
The Beach, FL
if ya'll never been to Ottawa...what a great city and time...the canal is awesome...good food, ppl are great...

the Jacket Backers bus trip was a lot of fun as usual...sorry my ugly mug plastered your screen again...hahahaha

Ad

Upcoming events

• Gold Coast Suns @ Brisbane Lions
    Gold Coast Suns @ Brisbane Lions
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $36,790.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Cagliari vs Lecce
    Cagliari vs Lecce
    Wagers: 2
    Staked: $25.00