GDT: Game 51: Columbus at Ottawa | 2/7 7PM EST

ca5150

Jul 17, 2006
Columbus, Ohio
That there is a point streak....for Jared Boll! Haha. It's time to put some positive vibes out there for CMac, he's played awesome the last 10 games!

stevo61

Jul 5, 2011
Canada
Me too.... a two year contract... He's a room guy imo although I have no proof of it, good for the team..

2? Hell id be willing to see a a 4 year or so. He plays a smart game and not a guy id worry about wearing down. I actually wish he'd be given a shot on 2nd line RW

CBJWerenski8

Formerly CBJWennberg10 (RIP Kivi)
Jun 13, 2009
Agree..... the only time I have relented with tanking was just recently with the Buffalo club... The Jackets don't need to tank, they say it's a ten deep draft so try to win every game, especially at home for the folks who have paid to see them play.

You've switched your stance on tanking after every win/loss. :laugh:

Jaxs

Jul 4, 2008
^We're all just passengers on the rollercoaster of bi polar madness.:laugh:

Robert

Foligno family
Mar 9, 2006
Louisville, KY
You've switched your stance on tanking after every win/loss. :laugh:

CBJ not so much... as far as the CBJ go I want them to win every game but have said losing with a ten deep draft is not a bad idea... It's the context Brass, I could call you out for swift boarding at times too but won't... Read the story about glass houses dude....

CBJWerenski8

Jun 13, 2009
CBJ not so much... as far as the CBJ go I want them to win every game but have said losing with a ten deep draft is not a bad idea... It's the context Brass, I could call you out for swift boarding at times too but won't... Read the story about glass houses dude....

Well, I mean you kinda did without doing it. So might as well do it fully. :laugh:

Robert

Foligno family
Mar 9, 2006
Louisville, KY
Well, I mean you kinda did without doing it. So might as well do it fully. :laugh:

Nah, can't do that with the Jackets.... if they win out and miss the playoffs I'm ok with it... That said, if the CBJ want a generational player (once in a life time) then lose..

In the end... because the CBJ have never won a playoff series I think winning games for the fans is more important right now than losing for a generational player... It's complicated dude.. ;)

CBJWerenski8

Jun 13, 2009
Nah, can't do that with the Jackets.... if they win out and miss the playoffs I'm ok with it... That said, if the CBJ want a generational player (once in a life time) then lose..

In the end... because the CBJ have never won a playoff series I think winning games for the fans is more important right now than losing for a generational player... It's complicated dude.. ;)

Don't mean to be 'that guy' but I was the one saying for people to get off the ledge in Nov, but it's too late now. 14 points or 12 points w/e it is now is too far. Especially when they start selling off the depth players at the deadline.

ca5150

Jul 17, 2006
Columbus, Ohio
Look at the Oilers, they have a lineup of number 1 picks and they still stink. I'm sticking with it, we have a month to make some waves and if we are within 5 pts, maybe JK adds something instead of selling off at the deadline. Neither of those "generational players" even really stood out at the World Juniors in the games I watched. So that means they are on the Johansen trajectory of 3-4 years and frankly, I'm not interested in waiting around for someone to develop in 3-4 years. This draft has depth, we'll get a solid player no matter where we draft in the first round and could easily move up via trade if they felt that strongly. I think we have more than enough prospect talent, it's time for NHL established players to play now and they seem to have that look of a team about to make a run, call it a gut feeling, but I think we are going to pull it off. We are about to overtake 2-3 teams and when we are only looking up at Boston and NYR, or Wash, then we will really push and I think one of them has to fall off, they aren't going to keep up their streaks. NY is destined for a major drop off, so is Wash. One of them will fall out and we will take their spot, calling my shot now.

CBJx614

May 25, 2012
C-137
Look at the Oilers, they have a lineup of number 1 picks and they still stink. I'm sticking with it, we have a month to make some waves and if we are within 5 pts, maybe JK adds something instead of selling off at the deadline. Neither of those "generational players" even really stood out at the World Juniors in the games I watched. So that means they are on the Johansen trajectory of 3-4 years and frankly, I'm not interested in waiting around for someone to develop in 3-4 years. This draft has depth, we'll get a solid player no matter where we draft in the first round and could easily move up via trade if they felt that strongly. I think we have more than enough prospect talent, it's time for NHL established players to play now and they seem to have that look of a team about to make a run, call it a gut feeling, but I think we are going to pull it off. We are about to overtake 2-3 teams and when we are only looking up at Boston and NYR, or Wash, then we will really push and I think one of them has to fall off, they aren't going to keep up their streaks. NY is destined for a major drop off, so is Wash. One of them will fall out and we will take their spot, calling my shot now.

I honestly think we're in a great spot where we're at now. Maybe somehow Hanafin falls and strome gets taken early. Maybe Werenski ends up being the best Dman in the draft? Idk theres a lot of talent in the top ten of the draft so its hard to be disappointed, unless we pull another 2003...

MAHJ71

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 6, 2014
NWA 217
Damn .. I must say this mini two game win streak has me contemplating going to the game on Monday night. Tickets are uber cheap.

CBJWerenski8

Jun 13, 2009
I love our fans. Not too many other fanbases would have guys still saying playoffs when they're 12-14 points out. We're awesome, even if we're delusional. :)

ca5150

Jul 17, 2006
Columbus, Ohio
Joining late after completing errands, but just wanted to say I love your spirit. It comes thru when we win, lose or when looking ahead. Don't know how things will pan out and regardless of my different feelings about Boll, my hats off to you.

Thank you sir, don't look now but Boll has a 2 game point streak! haha

ndd17

In Eaves we trust!
Jul 14, 2012
Russia
It's time to put some positive vibes out there for CMac, he's played awesome the last 10 games!
You absolutely right.
Glenn Odebralski
@ GlennOdebralski
Mac has been pretty solid in net for
#CBJ . 6-2-0 with a .933 SV% and 2.15
GAA in last 8 starts dating back to Dec.

major major

Feb 18, 2013
You absolutely right.
Glenn Odebralski
@ GlennOdebralski
Mac has been pretty solid in net for
#CBJ . 6-2-0 with a .933 SV% and 2.15
GAA in last 8 starts dating back to Dec.

Imagine where we'd be in the standings if C-Mac was this good in November.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad