GDT: Game 51 | Bruins @ Rangers RIVALRY NIGHT 8PM NBCSN, TVA, 98.5

missingchicklet

Jan 24, 2010
Frustrating loss. Defensive mistakes cost us two of the three goals. We desperately need Dougie to play better and smarter. Chia absolutely has to find a way to bring in a good defenseman. On the positive side Pasta continues to be impressive. It's going to be scary how good he is once he puts on some weight and gains more experience.

Bruinswillwin77

My name is Pete
Sponsor
May 29, 2011
Hooksett, NH
so frustrating that Rask keeps them in the game in the first period but let's in that softie to give them the lead.

Same goes for the offense that couldn't score on that pp just before the rags made it 3-2. And clodefish allowing Campbell to be out there with the goalie pulled yet again which is mind boggling. They didn't score an empty netter so having Campbell on the ice was considered a success in clodes eyes I guess.

TJF

Feb 27, 2002
London, ON
Visit site
Claude Julien must have felt bad for Pete Carroll. That's the only to justify for having Campbell out there with the goalie pulled. Terrible call!

ashnathan

Apr 22, 2014
Australia
Im not on the bash Dougie wagon....he is 21, he is gonna be great, he needs time, but at the moment he is playing about 50% of what we KNOW he can, and I think that is where all the frustration is coming form, bad decisions, poor effort, no physicality, just needs to list his tempo like Looch has done. He can be so much better and that is upsetting right now.

bruinmann77

Feb 27, 2002
bronx ny
Visit site
why put Campbell on the ice there is questionable ,but think the bruins need a mobile defenseman more seeing these last few games, and a scorer still will be nice

HumBucker

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 7, 2005
Toronto
let's play the "extra attacker game"

Viable players for a 6 on 5: Bergeron, Krejci, Marchand, Lucic, Smith, Loui, Pastrnak, Soderberg, Dougie, Krug

Clode picks offensive whiz Gregory Campbell

#defensivegrinder

Did some of those guys just come off the ice and were probably catching their breath?

LouJersey

Jun 29, 2002
Graves to Gardens
youtu.be
It's actually a common theme.

People decide what the Bruins can or cannot handle by watching 10 mins of a game. Were the first 10 mins really going to tell you anything? Obviously game flow changes.

Likewise other people did that with 20% of the season. People took a small sample of injury riddled games and made it gospel. If people took the time to let things play out just a bit, they'd save themselves a lot of grief.

The Bruins have tended to have problems lately with fast teams, it's nothing new.

Cronuss

Feb 19, 2007
NH
I am so sick of seeing Smith on the first line.

There are many better options, including Pasta, who has shown chemistry every time he plays on that line.

He got 4 goals in 2 games on that line, then was taken off of it. In the limited time he has been on it again, he has made things happen.

He was also the best player on the Bruins tonight, in all ends of the ice.

Pisses me off.

This loss is on Clode.

ashnathan

Apr 22, 2014
Australia
The guy that should have shot was Bergeron...instead of giving it back to Krejci over and over...

You're in the shooter position/slot...fire that ****er.

He was on the off wing...stupidly, no idea what he and Krejci were both doing on their wrong side for one timers, backhanded it at best but wouldn't have been effective, they needed to get it back over the other side and set it up again, they just wasted time doing that waiting for someone to move

DarrenBanks56

May 16, 2005
what we have? about 400 turnovers tonite?
seides and hamilton are good for 5 dumb plays a game.

think dougie or seides should sit for a game. give morrow a start.

alg363636

Boo
Apr 25, 2014
Washington, DC
I would rather Tuukka Rask be the extra attacker in the offensive zone, to be honest.

should have done it. Rask wanted a W probably would have scored.

This game was especially bad, but honestly this just shows what we look like when Tuukka isn't at his best.

We need a middle pairing defensemen so badly right now

ashnathan

Apr 22, 2014
Australia
so frustrating that Rask keeps them in the game in the first period but let's in that softie to give them the lead.

Same goes for the offense that couldn't score on that pp just before the rags made it 3-2. And clodefish allowing Campbell to be out there with the goalie pulled yet again which is mind boggling. They didn't score an empty netter so having Campbell on the ice was considered a success in clodes eyes I guess.

Been doing it all year. Don't know how he can make so many ridiculous saves then on a half nothing chance he coughs up a soft serve

22Brad Park

Nov 23, 2008
Calgary AB
He was on the off wing...stupidly, no idea what he and Krejci were both doing on their wrong side for one timers, backhanded it at best but wouldn't have been effective, they needed to get it back over the other side and set it up again, they just wasted time doing that waiting for someone to move

Exactly.Same with powerplay.POOR COACHING SOMEWHERE TONITE.They have to learn to be smarter.Its not the loss its why they lost.

CharasLazyWrister

Sep 8, 2008
Northborough, MA
I am so sick of seeing Smith on the first line.

There are many better options, including Pasta, who has shown chemistry every time he plays on that line.

He got 4 goals in 2 games on that line, then was taken off of it. In the limited time he has been on it again, he has made things happen.

He was also the best player on the Bruins tonight, in all ends of the ice.

Pisses me off.

This loss is on Clode.

I loved how as soon as I criticized this decision, I had multiple people jumping on me saying "oh, stop, CJ is just trying to get Smih going". Welp, I think he's been the beneficiary of a couple of nice plays by his linemates and has done nothing other than that.

This equates to throwing guys in the shootout to "get them going" and not the ones that give you the best chance of winning. Not to say I think we'd be a great shootout team either way, but you're trying to win a hockey game, not boost a player's ego. It should be up to a player to work himself out a funk.

I'm not opposed to shifts here and there to "get a player going", but the way CJ comes up with these ideas (Chara on the PP, Smith on the 1st line, Campbell as the extra attacker) and sticks to them no matter the result is infuriating.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Lecce vs Udinese
    Lecce vs Udinese
    Wagers: 4
    Staked: $100.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Czechia vs Switzerland
    Czechia vs Switzerland
    Wagers: 5
    Staked: $935.00