GDT: Game 51: Avs @ Sharks | Tuesday, January 26th, 8pm MT (NBCSN) | No Worries

Status
Not open for further replies.

NothingLikeAnEJ

Jimmies: Rustled
Jan 24, 2011
Games like this are why I question if the playoffs are possible. I got pilloried around here for doubting it, but what kind of playoff team just randomly ***** the bed every couple of weeks?

Pretty much every single team minus Washington lays eggs...look at the goal differential around the league.

This was set up for a trainwreck since this morning. There are a handful of players battling the flu including the GOALIE.

AslanRH

Not a Core Poster
Sponsor
Jun 5, 2012
Wyoming, USA
Randy Hahn saying "Bigas went down. Not the best play for him but it worked out."

He played that perfectly you idiot, he just stole the puck from your boy Jumbo.

c'mon, no need for name calling, he meant going down isn't usually the best play, which is pretty much echoed by every hockey analyst including McNab almost every time EJ or Holden do it.

CobraAcesS

De Opresso Liber
Sponsor
Jul 20, 2011
Michigan
In my post before I said it had been in the whole league. I'm just saying in terms of this game its been brutal for the Avs.

I've seen other teams play the Red Wings and just get held and interfered w/ no calls at all.

My wife is a Deadthings fan, so I have to watch far more of their hockey than I care too. They have things go against them just as much as we do. So I'm saying I see the same inconsistency across the league.

On top of that I'm also a STM for Tampa, and I also watch a lot of Rangers, and CBJ games. I've got a soft spot for those teams, have a CBJ T shirt signed by JJ & Wiz, and I love the NYRs old liberty jerseys lol.

Reffing is horribad all over the league right now, trust me

JLo217

Jul 22, 2009
Reno, NV
So... again thats boarding? I mean yeah but even by the time Hertl was hit he had almost completely turned around...

Cynthesis

Sep 27, 2010
I hate how soft players do that these days. Turn their back on an incoming check just to have the whistle called. Happens all the time. They are just asking for an injury.

CobraAcesS

De Opresso Liber
Sponsor
Jul 20, 2011
Michigan
I hate how soft players do that these days. Turn their back on an incoming check just to have the whistle called. Happens all the time. They are just asking for an injury.

I commented on this in that game against STL, Pyrako or whatever does it every single time he sees a hit coming. He turns directly into the boards away from the hit. He did it like five times in our last game, I wanted to throw something at the TV.

AslanRH

Not a Core Poster
Sponsor
Jun 5, 2012
Wyoming, USA
So... again thats boarding? I mean yeah but even by the time Hertl was hit he had almost completely turned around...

I think those calls/situations have gone up enough this season that the Burke Rule will be brought in. When players are using it to their advantage it will get fixed

JLo217

Jul 22, 2009
Reno, NV
Mitchell and McCleod both get tossed... Yeah officials were rough tonight. Hopefully this crew gets fined, they've been horse ****.

Avs

Bozak + 2nd
Feb 9, 2013
Illinois
Congrats to Will on his first NHL action. Congrats to that guy on his first NHL goal. And congrats to the refs tonight on their first NHL games too apparently.

Foppa2118

Oct 3, 2003
c'mon, no need for name calling, he meant going down isn't usually the best play, which is pretty much echoed by every hockey analyst including McNab almost every time EJ or Holden do it.

Sorry do you like Randy Hahn or something? Have you ever listened to a non NBC broadcast of his? He might be the biggest homer pbp guy in the league.

And going down to block a pass is not universally believed to be a bad play. Every single one of the best D men in history had that in their repertoire. Ray Bourque did it all the time, and so does EJ. You just have to time it right.

Avs_19

Jun 28, 2007
Just glad it's over.

At least Bigras looked solid for the most part.

Beauchemin still played over 25 mins in a game that was over in the 2nd period. Hope this guy is some kind of fitness freak.

McMetal

Writer of Wrongs
Sep 29, 2015
Yeah, Chicago lost a bad one, but they don't do it with clockwork regularity. 12/5 Minnie, 12/21 Toronto, 1/2 Calgary, 1/12 Tampa, 1/26 San Jose. Just for the last 2 months. I challenge you to find a similar pattern for the Hawks.

Foppa2118

Oct 3, 2003
I think those calls/situations have gone up enough this season that the Burke Rule will be brought in. When players are using it to their advantage it will get fixed

The Burke rule won't help that. When a player turns back instantly right into the guy that's on him, he's gonna get plastered into the boards. That's why it's a ******** call, and one the officials can't seem to figure out, including tonight on Mitchell.

NothingLikeAnEJ

Jimmies: Rustled
Jan 24, 2011
Yeah, Chicago lost a bad one, but they don't do it with clockwork regularity. 12/5 Minnie, 12/21 Toronto, 1/2 Calgary, 1/12 Tampa, 1/26 San Jose. Just for the last 2 months. I challenge you to find a similar pattern for the Hawks.

Bruh...Chicago is a cup contender. The Avs were dead last in the NHL 5 weeks into the season. Just go and look at goal differentials. Teams that are in playoff spots barely have a + differential which means they lose badly. This was the Avs with the flu going around the room and sans Varly.

CobraAcesS

De Opresso Liber
Sponsor
Jul 20, 2011
Michigan
It's funny these guys talking about Thornton as a great leader and all that blah blah. When there has been trade rumors about him, and that fan base has been done with him and Marleau as leaders on that team for years now because of their performance in the playoffs and lack of production during those times.

But hey, great time to man crush on people after a win I guess. Especially on a team who is in a weaker division than us and fighting for a playoff position with literally almost the same exact amount of ****ing points as we have. But hey Thornton is a first ballot hall of fame guy lmao.

Foppa2118

Oct 3, 2003
Well at least Will looked square and solid for the most part in his little bit of action. That will help him moving forward.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad