Post-Game Talk: Game 50 - WE GOT TROUBLE RIGHT HERE IN BRUINS CITY - PIT 4 BRUINS 3 F

BruinsFanSince94

The Perfect Fan ™
Sep 28, 2017
New England
He looked great in the first but those 2 goals he just couldn't find. Hopefully this isn't a problem for him normally. I would love to see Vladar get the next game but unfortunately won't.

I swear there was a similar situation for him in another game where he gave up a goal because he was lost looking behind the net.

TCB

Dec 15, 2017
North Of The Border
Silver lining and a big one

Anders Bjork is a player

DeBrusk-Coyle-Bjork

were very good

That line had energy all night and created chances, lindholm looked really good and Kuhlmann was OK on the 3rd line, but Heinen was like a ghost, just a terrible showing from him.
The 4th line, Wagner showed up,but not much out of Nordstrom, and Kuraly is still looking for his game from last year.

Reactions: sarge88

Wiggleboom

Feb 6, 2010
Vancouver
What pissed me off about tying SHG was the 2 lazy LAZY Bruins behind the Pena net that allowed Johnson to turn a harmless 2 on 2 into a 3 on 2. Even one of them just had to hustle back to cover Johnson. But they just turned and looked sad that the play was going the other way. No way this should happen on a “Cup-contending” team in a close game.

Budddy

Dec 9, 2008
Okanagan
This is the first time in club history that the Bruins have lost games in which they have had 3-goal leads 3 times in a regular season. They hadn’t blown 2 3-goal leads in a season in 26 years. Previous: (1964,’81,’85,’88,’90,’91,’93,’94).

Budddy

Dec 9, 2008
Okanagan
I get everyone is disappointed after this loss but let's look at in retrospect. They just lost to the team that is 4th in the standings. This wasn't a loss against an awful team like Detroit but against one of the better teams in the league. **** like this happens all the time. Now for a positive, Carlo was on ice for all of the Bruins goals and none of the Penguins goals.
true, but Pens 3rd game in 4 days and down 2 forwards for a long time. inexcusable loss IMO

Reactions: TCB

caz16

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 11, 2011
Ontario
Halak is not looking great - that is the biggest difference to me. I don't know the answer to this but how many of those blown leads were when Halak was in net?

I thought Bjork looked great, he seems to be improving every game.

SPLBRUIN

Mar 21, 2010
That line had energy all night and created chances, lindholm looked really good and Kuhlmann was OK on the 3rd line, but Heinen was like a ghost, just a terrible showing from him.
The 4th line, Wagner showed up,but not much out of Nordstrom, and Kuraly is still looking for his game from last year.

Fingers crossed Heinen gets dealt at the deadline.

kthx

Bedard to Bruins 2023
Apr 24, 2019
Halak is not looking great - that is the biggest difference to me. I don't know the answer to this but how many of those blown leads were when Halak was in net?

I thought Bjork looked great, he seems to be improving every game.

Agreed on Bjork.
Im sure Rask is like giga pissed and beats up our guys and breaks their sticks if they dont play defense well enough. Halak seems much more of a nice guy.

JOKER 192

Blow it up
Sponsor
Jun 14, 2010
Montreal,Canada
No, it's not a bad game that concerns me, it's a bad season that does it. He maybe occupying a #1 spot but he's like a 4 at best and often looks like a 6.

Grimey

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 4, 2017
I was completely fine with how they played last game. They looked inspired and into it, they played a full 60 minutes.

Today, they once again played a 20 minute hockey game. It’s frustrating.

That's exactly it. It's like a runner sprinting for the first lap, walking the final two and finishing last while being content with their one good lap.

Reactions: PatriceBergeronFan

The National

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2017
Los Angeles
I don’t think changing coaches makes a difference.
You’re right it doesn’t, make a few trades and this is a whole new team. Just need management to recognize the guys they need to move, what they’re missing and go get it.

Games like this and many recent games make those things pretty easy to recognize.

smack66

Mar 5, 2008
ontario
honestly not sure we watched the same game. agree on the Coyle line but Heinen at least generated a couple of offensive opportunities. honestly didnt see Kuhlman do a thing today. barely heard his name mentioned. as for Wagner, again not sure what he did to get a passing grade. 4th line continues to be horendous.

Alicat

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2005
Boston
Bruce never ruled out Tuukka playing Tuesday before the game. All depends on how he feels tomorrow morning

Reactions: blazenlo

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad