Post-Game Talk: Game 50 - WE GOT TROUBLE RIGHT HERE IN BRUINS CITY - PIT 4 BRUINS 3 F

danpantz

Mar 31, 2013
Before all of you people with your asinine takes come in here to say "Fire Sweeney" "Fire Cassidy" "Team needs a Goon" "Blow it up"

I'd like to say that we will be fine.

Seriously. Pittsburgh is a top 5 team in the league. Sucks to blow a 3-0 lead but a game is 60 minutes long.

You don't fire a coach when you're in first in your division because of a bad game on the road against a good team with your back up goalie in net.

You don't trade your 22 year old #1 defense-man after a bad game.

Some of you should start the break early and watch something else if you're this upset about 3rd place in the league through 50 games.

bobbyorr04

Bruins fan 4ever
Sponsor
Apr 12, 2011
They once again played a 20 minute period, won it, and thought it was all good. Just super frustrating losing games with the lead, seems like it happens too much.

I attribute that mostly to coaching

Mr. Make-Believe

The happy genius of my household
I get everyone is disappointed after this loss but let's look at in retrospect. They just lost to the team that is 4th in the standings. This wasn't a loss against an awful team like Detroit but against one of the better teams in the league. **** like this happens all the time. Now for a positive, Carlo was on ice for all of the Bruins goals and none of the Penguins goals.
If this was just about one loss, I'd agree with you.

But this is about so much more.

arider1990

Dec 9, 2018
Man I wish we played for 60 minutes for once. For ****ing once. Fire the coach or trade the toxic locker room guys. This cant happen every week.
They played for 60 minutes in that game on Thursday against the Penguins just so you know.

BruinsFanSince94

The Perfect Fan ™
Sep 28, 2017
New England
The Penguins in no way outplayed the Bruins in the 3rd, we were all over them and they scored on 2 of their 3 shots.

How much easier could that period have been for Halak? Not getting a point out of that is seriously disappointing.

Halak is still looking behind the net. Guy is lost right now.

Reactions: Emerz

sarge88

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 29, 2003
I’m not typically reactionary.

But, I’m also not married to Cassidy as coach. Can’t say he hasn’t been good overall, but I also don’t know how much of their success he’s directly responsible for (in contrast to other coaches).

I also think that Sweeney has handed him a flawed lineup, so maybe I’d be thinking differently if some help was brought in, but given all I’ve said, I wouldn’t be against bringing Laviolette in.

It may seem hasty, but again, it isn’t like I’m a huge Cassidy fan anyway.

Last edited:

arider1990

Dec 9, 2018
Halak is still looking behind the net. Guy is lost right now.
He looked great in the first but those 2 goals he just couldn't find. Hopefully this isn't a problem for him normally. I would love to see Vladar get the next game but unfortunately won't.

LouisSleigher

Jul 6, 2013
SW Ohio
The Penguins in no way outplayed the Bruins in the 3rd, we were all over them and they scored on 2 of their 3 shots.

How much easier could that period have been for Halak? Not getting a point out of that is seriously disappointing.
Agreed. They really didn't play so badly. Needed to get more from Halak. I think we win the game with Rask.

Reactions: Emerz

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
The people overreacting to posts slamming the team reveal more about their own unhealthy state of mind than the ones they’re slamming, lol.

guys this is a blessing - no way management doesn’t mix things up blowing two three goal games in one week.
I love our first and third line

add Frederic & Studnicka down the line

Toffoli is there’s if they want

I love Kreider but Palmeiri on second line makes them so much more dangerous

DeBrusk-Coyle- Bjork I like

Reactions: ap3lovr

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad