Post-Game Talk: Game 50 - WE GOT TROUBLE RIGHT HERE IN BRUINS CITY - PIT 4 BRUINS 3 F

TCB

Dec 15, 2017
North Of The Border
Pens are a very good team. They're right there with Washington, Tampa and Boston. Bruins need a bit of help in the middle 6, hopefully a solid veteran type that understands game situations as most of the kids on this roster play too far over their skates when they need to slow it down.
Would love to see an ECF between these two teams.

I agree and feel the bruins would win it in six maybe five.
I would like to see Boston make a blockbuster deal for a top young center and move Coyle over to the RW if need be. Bergy and Krejci, could use a young bull on the horizon and someone who can spell them some minutes.

It'll never happen do to the cost to land one(McAvoy/carlo) but that's their number one need in the long haul.

Reactions: Strafer

ODAAT

Oct 17, 2006
Victoria BC
I would like to see Boston make a blockbuster deal for a top young center and move Coyle over to the RW if need be. Bergy and Krejci, could use a young bull on the horizon and someone who can spell them some minutes.

It'll never happen do to the cost to land one(McAvoy/carlo) but that's their number one need in the long haul.

not sure I like Coyle on the wing and what team is willing to trade a top young center and whoever they are, what do you think it would take to get that player that wouldn`t leave huge personnel holes?

TCB

Dec 15, 2017
North Of The Border
not sure I like Coyle on the wing and what team is willing to trade a top young center and whoever they are, what do you think it would take to get that player that wouldn`t leave huge personnel holes?
That's the problem, Nobody wants to deal a player of that caliber and the only way the bruins could land one, is to deal a McAvoy or Carlo but that's a draft day/off-season type move and can the bruins afford to do so.

ODAAT

Oct 17, 2006
Victoria BC
That's the problem, Nobody wants to deal a player of that caliber and the only way the bruins could land one, is to deal a McAvoy or Carlo but that's a draft day/off-season type move and can the bruins afford to do so.
yep and drafting one but let`s not bring up the drafts of past years, heard enough of that one

I get it, fans frustrated, I`m frustrated and I too would love a big, bruising winger for DK who can put the puck in the net, just aren`t many of them around any longer and when they do come along, rarely are teams looking to unload them

Reactions: Trizz617 and TCB

Sheppy

Nov 23, 2011
The Arctic
05307FC4-E0B2-4BE7-BB5F-38B25BC29DC5.jpeg

KillerMillerTime

Jun 30, 2019
Right, you can only get to game 7 of the SCF with both of them in the lineup.

Right, except for the fact 2 of the three games they won were with Gryz out of the lineup. So, in fact they didn't get to G7 with both. Actual facts say otherwise.

But I'll amend my statement to say if Rask goes
God mode again and continues it in SCF and Wagner,
Miller are healthy and they pick up a Mojo type
addition they could win.

Reactions: bruins19

Dr Hook

It’s Called Ruins
Sponsor
Mar 9, 2005
Tyler, TX
Right, except for the fact 2 of the three games they won were with Gryz out of the lineup. So, in fact they didn't get to G7 with both. Actual facts say otherwise.

But I'll amend my statement to say if Rask goes
God mode again and continues it in SCF and Wagner,
Miller are healthy and they pick up a Mojo type
addition they could win.

The actual facts that they got through to the SCF at all with both says otherwise otherwise :laugh:, but whatever. We can agree to disagree. Sweeney/Cassidy don't seem to share your view either for what that's worth

Bruinfanatic

Apr 22, 2016
Ontario
How many 3 goal leads is that blown this year now,wasn’t there even a 4 goal one.I’m not going to go all panicky yet ,but man this is something that needs to be remedied real soon,yeah there in first ,but they got off to a great start, and Tampa and the Leafs both sucked .

KillerMillerTime

Jun 30, 2019
The actual facts that they got through to the SCF at all with both says otherwise otherwise :laugh:, but whatever. We can agree to disagree. Sweeney/Cassidy don't seem to share your view either for what that's worth

Hey like my Geometry teacher said

"All in fun with malice towards none."

Reactions: Dr Hook

Gordoff

Formerly: Strafer
Jan 18, 2003
The Hub
My guess is the Bruins defence has a running bet that someone can put a puck through the end boards during a game.

It’s the only logical explanation for how often they miss. My money is on McAvoy. He’s reeeaaally trying to win it!
LOL When they do shoot and miss, Jack always says " so and so shoots the puck intentionally wide." He's so full of ****!

Gordoff

Jan 18, 2003
The Hub
If there is one thing I want to see with guys like Carlo and Moore it`s less about laying out a guy, far more about making life an absolute he** for anyone who thinks trying to stand in front of the B`s net is easy. Right now, nobody is hesitant to get to the net on the B`s, absolutely no price to pay
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^THIS!!^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Yeti34

Apr 13, 2013
Tampa
I think Rask might have done better than a .818 save percentage. They had a lot of good chances in the third. Halak let up 2 goals on 4 shots in the third though.

1 of those goals was unstoppable. The other came off a 3-2 on a bruins power play. I’m not blaming halak for that loss the bruins took the foot off the gas on both sides of the puck.

Last edited:

Gordoff

Jan 18, 2003
The Hub
1 of those goals was unstoppable. The other came off a 3-2 on a bruins power play. I’m not blaming rask for that loss the bruins took the foot off the gas on both sides of the puck.
Rask??? Yesterday???? Look, I like blaming Rask on occasion too but he's out, injured can't put this on him!

b in vancouver

Jul 28, 2005

Long haul, I agree, but right now during the season I personally wouldn't be looking at another kid. I understand why everyone wants youth and clamoured for years for the Bruins to play a higher tempo game, but I don't think the kids the team has in the line-up right now are able to slow their game down when they need to. You see the difference of not having Krejci. The team plays with great structure but the kids start forcing plays when there's no need to and get caught. Kids tend to look for the hi-light reel a bit too much.

I wish Backes was still the guy and I know we never got the best of Jagr, Iginla, R. Nash, etc. but for me that's the direction I'm looking this TDL. I want an impact winger or 3C as much as anyone, but what I feel this team is missing is another player you can simply trust out there to calm things down in a 2-1 game.

Ideally for me, and I have no idea whom, but I'd like to see them adding a player like Chuck Kobasew or Recchi, or another Coyle or something like that. A solid steady player that can tone things down and make the smart play when needed.

Boring, and not forward thinking, but I do think that's what the team is missing.

b in vancouver

Jul 28, 2005
yep and drafting one but let`s not bring up the drafts of past years, heard enough of that one

I get it, fans frustrated, I`m frustrated and I too would love a big, bruising winger for DK who can put the puck in the net, just aren`t many of them around any longer and when they do come along, rarely are teams looking to unload them

Quoting you were you don't want past drafts brought up but I think they tried to find that E. Cole, Kobasew, Horton, type winger multiple times in the draft, via trade and in FA and it just hasn't panned out at all. In my mind #2C was always the toughest position to find but now it's become a decent sized north-south winger.
Like, who's out there that even resembles E. Cole?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad