Post-Game Talk: Game 50 - WE GOT TROUBLE RIGHT HERE IN BRUINS CITY - PIT 4 BRUINS 3 F

missingchicklet

Jan 24, 2010
Moore hasn't frustrated me as much as Griz this season. Of course I expected a lot more of Griz based on his play last season. Moore is not a world beater, however he's certainly not bad to have around. His contract is a good one if the B's elect to trade him. DS set that one up well.

KillerMillerTime

Jun 30, 2019
Not a Grizz fan,can skate like hell,but small player who plays small,and some of his passing is atrocious.

Krug and McAvoy are only dmen who pass the puck
better. Problem with Gryz is Krug and the problem
with Krug is Gryz...lol.

You can win a Cup with Krug IMO but not
both in your top 6.

Reactions: Strafer

CharasLazyWrister

Sep 8, 2008
Northborough, MA
I am surprised more people aren’t voicing issue with Gryz.

I always thought he was really underrated pretty much since his first few games with the big club, but have been pretty underwhelmed this year. The mistakes from him, and the situations where he gets caught due to his small physical stature, are very noticeable to me this season. More so seemingly than any other year where I felt like a lot more fans were voicing concern.

ODAAT

Oct 17, 2006
Victoria BC

I always thought he was really underrated pretty much since his first few games with the big club, but have been pretty underwhelmed this year. The mistakes from him, and the situations where he gets caught due to his small physical stature, are very noticeable to me this season. More so seemingly than any other year where I felt like a lot more fans were voicing concern.

he`s struggled big time

DarrenBanks56

May 16, 2005

him and moore are brutal together. both have been bad. look at that first goal yesterday. moore looses crosby. then gryz leaves simone all alone. he did the same exact thing in philly.

PB37

Mr Selke
Oct 1, 2002
Maine

I too, think he's been very inconsistent this year.

Dr Hook

It’s Called Ruins
Sponsor
Mar 9, 2005
Tyler, TX
he`s struggled big time

I don't think he's been so bad, but is definitely having a tougher time than last season. Some of it is usage- he was paired with Cliffy to start, and also Kampfer at times when he was up. Cliffy is inconsistent as you would expect from a young player. Kamp is Kamp, good soldier, steady fill-in but clearly a fringe NHL guy. That puts pressure on a D partner Then Moore, who I don't think is very good- he is barely adequate handling the puck for starters and Grizz needs someone that can be available and do something with his breakouts etc. For the most part Cassidy is playing Grizz on the right with Moore on the left and Grizz doesn't play as well there. Of course some of it is down to Grizz not being as good, but like a lot guys, he could use a steady partner that complements his game. He looked pretty good with Miller as his partner.

False Start

May 8, 2018

See to me Grz has too much talent to not make it work. He's the best skating defenseman we have, and one of the best in the league for his size.

He's going through much of the same things Carlo did that one year that everyone was on him. Mistakes are glaringly obvious and there is a certain amount of bad luck involved. I tried to tell everyone, "look, he's struggling but none of these things are incorrectable, he's 6'5 and skates like the wind, these guys don't grow on trees." And this patience paid off splendidly for Carlo.

Grz path to success in the NHL will be much different than Carlo's though. He's going to have to play a Jared Spurgeon style, and at best case be like Duncan Keith with his stickwork. What doesn't help is our LHD Depth is absurd. Matt Grzelyck is likely a top 4 d-man on many teams based on talent alone.

5'9" guys who skate like he does and plays as smart as he does don't grow on trees. Whether or not this talent is going to be useful on THIS particular Bruins team remains to be seen.

PB37

Mr Selke
Oct 1, 2002
Maine
See to me Grz has too much talent to not make it work. He's the best skating defenseman we have, and one of the best in the league for his size.

He's going through much of the same things Carlo did that one year that everyone was on him. Mistakes are glaringly obvious and there is a certain amount of bad luck involved. I tried to tell everyone, "look, he's struggling but none of these things are incorrectable, he's 6'5 and skates like the wind, these guys don't grow on trees." And this patience paid off splendidly for Carlo.

Grz path to success in the NHL will be much different than Carlo's though. He's going to have to play a Jared Spurgeon style, and at best case be like Duncan Keith with his stickwork. What doesn't help is our LHD Depth is absurd. Matt Grzelyck is likely a top 4 d-man on many teams based on talent alone.

5'9" guys who skate like he does and plays as smart as he does don't grow on trees. Whether or not this talent is going to be useful on THIS particular Bruins team remains to be seen.

ive been advocating for awhile to get a move for a physical, large RH dman for that bottom pair to help Grz out and give him a steady partner, kind of like McQuaid was for Krug and Miller was for Grz. Gudbranson is having a very good year for the Ducks, playing like a top 4 guy - that would be my target, with money obviously needing to be juggled around.

Reactions: Oates2Neely

DarrenBanks56

May 16, 2005
that whole sequence at the end of the game for our 6 on 5 before the grizz trip.
why the hell is mcavoy out there in a 6 on 5? offensively the guy has the biggest case of the yips ive seen since some of widemans worst days here.
that was yet another bad coaching decision yesterday.

False Start

May 8, 2018
ive been advocating for awhile to get a move for a physical, large RH dman for that bottom pair to help Grz out and give him a steady partner, kind of like McQuaid was for Krug and Miller was for Grz. Gudbranson is having a very good year for the Ducks, playing like a top 4 guy - that would be my target, with money obviously needing to be juggled around.

That's the tough part. Sweeney loves his fluid skating defenseman. However it's near impossible to find another Carlo out there.

I agree with you. Almost everyone Grz has played with besides McAvoy occasionally has yet to maximize his potential. Then again, how much can you really showcase on the 3rd pair playing around only around 17 minutes a game.

When I think back. Miller and Grz was a steady steady pair.

ODAAT

Oct 17, 2006
Victoria BC
I don't think he's been so bad, but is definitely having a tougher time than last season. Some of it is usage- he was paired with Cliffy to start, and also Kampfer at times when he was up. Cliffy is inconsistent as you would expect from a young player. Kamp is Kamp, good soldier, steady fill-in but clearly a fringe NHL guy. That puts pressure on a D partner Then Moore, who I don't think is very good- he is barely adequate handling the puck for starters and Grizz needs someone that can be available and do something with his breakouts etc. For the most part Cassidy is playing Grizz on the right with Moore on the left and Grizz doesn't play as well there. Of course some of it is down to Grizz not being as good, but like a lot guys, he could use a steady partner that complements his game. He looked pretty good with Miller as his partner.

The rotation of partners, forced to play his off side will definitely have an affect but for me it`s far more than that, even when he`s had time, his passes out of the zone have been poor, almost trying too hard to make the perfect pass rather than the right pass, not taking the safe play enough, his positioning isn`t great this year.

I like the guy but don`t love him like some seem to

Reactions: Strafer and Dr Hook

b in vancouver

Jul 28, 2005
Love Halak

remember he is 1 of 22 players left from that great 2003 draft

soon to be about 10 with Bergeron going to be last man standing

my point is Halak needs to be 27 games a season

Side note: I wonder if Bergeron will eventually be the last player to have played per-cap? Can't be much more than 25 guys by now and he'd be the youngest. E. Staal might hang around. Off the top of my head I can't think of too many candidates. Never looked anything up but don't think Keith played.

CharasLazyWrister

Sep 8, 2008
Northborough, MA
Great responses on the Gryz post.

I should have been considering how John Moore isn’t helping the situation. He’s another guy that I liked when he was playing last season, but the inconsistency in ice time and injuries seems to have affected his game this season big time.

Another big body who I wish played a bigger game.

ODAAT

Oct 17, 2006
Victoria BC
Great responses on the Gryz post.

I should have been considering how John Moore isn’t helping the situation. He’s another guy that I liked when he was playing last season, but the inconsistency in ice time and injuries seems to have affected his game this season big time.

Another big body who I wish played a bigger game.

If there is one thing I want to see with guys like Carlo and Moore it`s less about laying out a guy, far more about making life an absolute he** for anyone who thinks trying to stand in front of the B`s net is easy. Right now, nobody is hesitant to get to the net on the B`s, absolutely no price to pay

b in vancouver

Jul 28, 2005
Pens are a very good team. They're right there with Washington, Tampa and Boston. Bruins need a bit of help in the middle 6, hopefully a solid veteran type that understands game situations as most of the kids on this roster play too far over their skates when they need to slow it down.
Would love to see an ECF between these two teams.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad