Post-Game Talk: Game #50: Vancouver 3, Detroit 2: No Ls on the homestand (yet)

bbud

Sep 10, 2008
BC
SO where's the interference call stick on shoulder elbow yay NHL you could find monkeys that do better.

Billy Kvcmu

Dec 5, 2014
West Vancouver
And of course WTG with the homework. Bravo.

I am aware of all of those stats save for the SC%. Where did you pull that from?

Anyway, I expect a regression with their PDO and Markstrom. That said, they are currently in 11th place based upon points percentage. The 5th place team is 8 points behind. There are 32 games left. Do you think that their conversion rate will sink enough over that span that the regression will result in an 8 point shift in pace? You also need one of those bottom5 teams to win enough to get into 6th. It's not as straight forward as it may seem.

I know their underlying numbers are terrible. The regression to the mean though will have to start now, and there has to be enough time for it to have an impact for them to land bottom5. That's my point.
Thought a new rule is no tank talk in GDT

EK47

Feb 7, 2013
Soo, green got mad and decided f*** it there’s not enough talent to split it up so I am gonna stack the first line?

WTG

December 5th
Jan 11, 2015
Pickle Time Deli & Market
And of course WTG with the homework. Bravo.

I am aware of all of those stats save for the SC%. Where did you pull that from?

Anyway, I expect a regression with their PDO and Markstrom. That said, they are currently in 11th place based upon points percentage. The 5th place team is 8 points behind. There are 32 games left. Do you think that their conversion rate will sink enough over that span that the regression will result in an 8 point shift in pace? You also need one of those bottom5 teams to win enough to get into 6th. It's not as straight forward as it may seem.

I know their underlying numbers are terrible. The regression to the mean though will have to start now, and there has to be enough time for it to have an impact for them to land bottom5. That's my point.
Natural Stat Trick
Is where I got the stats from.

As for regression, I think that this team has shown it is capable of dropping a lot of games in a row. It's bound to happen, if it doesn't then the canucks would be considered lucky. This team is not close to the playoffs, if they get close this year, unless they make major changes, they won't be close next year.

cabinessence

Feb 18, 2017
They should be able to get at least a point out of this, which is more than it seemed possible after the second period.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad