GDT: Game 50: Philadelphia Flyers vs Montreal Canadiens 7:00pm EST SN, TVA, TSN 690

Status
Not open for further replies.

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
Damn. Game 50 already. This season is just flying right by and before we know it the season will be over and it'll be another season in the tank. :P

Supposedly Game 50. For HF purposes, we're still at Game 49 according to the thread title. :D

It's like on the Sopranos when Tony was arguing with his son who told Tony it was the year 2000 and kids went out late. Tony answered something like "out there it's the year 2000 but inside this house, it's 1965."

Reactions: PaulD and sheed36

HabsWhiteKnightLOL

Apr 29, 2017
Somewhere on earth in a hospital
Niemi reward for his stellar performance this week plus it's another B2B, I guess it was to be expected.

As for Hudon, this is it. Strut your stuff Charles and tell your agent to ****. Put out or be gone. Unfortunately, doesn't look like he's going to get a prolonged audition so he'd better make the most of whatever ice time he gets. Good luck to him.
not a reward , price never plays 2 b2b. also with stuff alain crete , who knows

sheed36

Jan 8, 2005
No Man's Land
Supposedly Game 50. For HF purposes, we're still at Game 49 according to the thread title. :D

It's like on the Sopranos when Tony was arguing with his son who told Tony it was the year 2000 and kids went out late. Tony answered something like "out there it's the year 2000 but inside this house, it's 1965."

I watched the first 2 episodes of the Sopranos last night. Debating if I should do another full re-watch of one of my favorite TV shows ever. Just finished a complete re-watch of The Shield and Justified in the past couple of months. I had the Sopranos has my favorite all time TV show with The Shield being #2 but after my The Shield re-watch I think that is now my #1 . Incredible show but so is the Sopranos and Justified.

Bring Bak Damphousse

Fire Bergevin...into the Sun
May 27, 2002
Canada
Got a haircut today and asked for the Plekanec cut, minus the goatee, so I will take full responsibility for either a win or loss tonight.

PaulD

Time for a new GM !
Feb 4, 2016
Dundas
I watched the first 2 episodes of the Sopranos last night. Debating if I should do another full re-watch of one of my favorite TV shows ever. Just finished a complete re-watch of The Shield and Justified in the past couple of months. I had the Sopranos has my favorite all time TV show with The Shield being #2 but after my The Shield re-watch I think that is now my #1 . Incredible show but so is the Sopranos and Justified.
Supranos #1
Breaking Bad #2
The Shield # 3

Justified? Never seen it. Will check it out. Thanks.

The Wire was good.

Reactions: sheed36

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012

Let's pursue this in the Movies thread, if you don't mind. I'm particularly interested on your take re The Shield.

Habaneros

Habs Cup champs 2010
Oct 31, 2011
Special night. :sarcasm:

1.jpg

This ad is confusing ....Jan 2019 or Jan 2018? Jan 2010?????

Reactions: JuicyHam

sheed36

Jan 8, 2005
No Man's Land
Supranos #1
Breaking Bad #2
The Shield # 3

Justified? Never seen it. Will check it out. Thanks.

The Wire was good.

My top 3 as well just in a little different order. 1) The Shield. 2) The Sopranos. 3) BB. Justified and Deadwood would probably round out my top 5 probably but GoT needs to fit in there somewhere as well. :)

Tried The Wire 3 times in the past and lost interest around episode 6 or 7 every time and couldn't get through season 1. Will try again sometime in the future maybe.

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
My top 3 as well just in a little different order. 1) The Shield. 2) The Sopranos. 3) BB. Justified and Deadwood would probably round out my top 5 probably but GoT needs to fit in there somewhere as well. :)

Tried The Wire 3 times in the past and lost interest around episode 6 or 7 every time and couldn't get through season 1. Will try again sometime in the future maybe.

I've continued the convo in the Movies thread. :D

NobleSix

High Tech Low-Life.
Apr 20, 2013
CyberSpace
www.ilovebees.co
LaP said:
People should stop with this. They have a very good team and if they can acquire a dman at the deadline there's a very good chance you all look very dumb after the playoffs.

No. They're our rival. Who cares if we talk shit about them on our own board during a GDT. They're saying the exact same things about us on their board.

Their fanbase was full of nothing but piss and vinegar this summer making sarcastic jokes about us, and talking about how they are cup favorites. We're one win away from passing them in the standings, and they're playing terrible hockey right now. Am I going to be 'respectful' of the Toronto Maple Leafs and their fanbase after the hubris they've shown over the last two years? Hell no. Its all part of the fan experience.

Lighten up.

Last edited:

sheed36

Jan 8, 2005
No Man's Land
Justified is very good

Yes it is. It probably takes a few episodes into season 1 to get you hooked but once you do it's great. The dialogue and the character interactions between so many of the different characters is some of the best I've seen in any TV show.

Reactions: Tyson
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad