GDT: Game 50: Philadelphia Flyers vs Montreal Canadiens 7:00pm EST SN, TVA, TSN 690

Status
Not open for further replies.

donghabs98

Oct 14, 2010
Halifax
sduJs6V.jpg

ZWQLJj6.jpg

Ga2kOhY.jpg

Kudo Shinichi

Apr 20, 2012
If we win, we will have more points than the Toronto "Stanley Cup Contender" Maple leafs

JianYang

Sep 29, 2017
I don't get why Philly is so bad this year. Their lineup looks great on paper. I guess RD is pretty awful

Haven't they gone through something like 8 goalies this year?

Like you said, they look better on paper, and I expect it to be a tough game. Another B2B situation where the road team was waiting for the habs in Montreal..... Just like the Florida game, where Niemi got peppered with 50 plus shots.

nhlfan9191

Aug 4, 2010
Haven't they gone through something like 8 goalies this year?

Like you said, they look better on paper, and I expect it to be a tough game. Another B2B situation where the road team was waiting for the habs in Montreal..... Just like the Florida game, where Niemi got peppered with 50 plus shots.

Niemi was on fire making some ten bell saves. But he brings a lot of the shots on goal on himself by kicking everything out mindlessly and flying around the crease. Shooters know they don’t have to be be creative to beat him. That being said, it says Price in net in the OP but game on a back to back against a bottom feeder after his performance against Florida makes him a no brainer to start this game.

JianYang

Sep 29, 2017
Niemi was on fire making some ten bell saves. But he brings a lot of the shots on goal on himself by kicking everything out mindlessly and flying around the crease. Shooters know they don’t have to be be creative to beat him. That being said, it says Price in net in the OP but game on a back to back against a bottom feeder after his performance against Florida makes him a no brainer to start this game.

I agree about Niemi and his rebound control. But the intent was to show that Florida carried the play, and I think we can both agree on that.

Reactions: nhlfan9191

nhlfan9191

Aug 4, 2010
I agree about Niemi and his rebound control. But the intent was to show that Florida carried the play, and I think we can both agree on that.

Absolutely. My post wasn’t intended to slam Niemi’s performance in anyway. That’s always been his style. And he made some incredible saves as well at key times. I just think a lot of fans and media as well can get caught up on the shot clock. They see 50+ shots and instantly think performance of the century when it’s not always the case. I heard an announcer last night saying Price be thankful he isn’t seeing the 50 shots Niemi had the previous game when in reality, Price’s ability to kick rebounds into the corners and ability to dictate another teams forecheck is why he see’s less shots in the first place.

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
Any of you familiar with this type of comparative display? We don't see a lot of these posted in our threads. Wondering if it's worth delving into.

Uncle Gary

Apr 12, 2014
Any of you familiar with this type of comparative display? We don't see a lot of these posted in our threads. Wondering if it's worth delving into.

Those charts are pretty cool. I see them on Twitter pretty often. None in that exact format though. Really shows how bad the Habs PP is. It is awful at creating shots and scoring chances.

Reactions: Runner77

donghabs98

Oct 14, 2010
Halifax
Going to be a tough game. Philly usually plays well against us. Wish Niemi was starting
Just to clarify I wasn't sure who was starting yet since the decision wasnt out when I made the GDT. I went with Price by default and since they could start him again since he'll have a lot of rest coming up

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
Those charts are pretty cool. I see them on Twitter pretty often. None in that exact format though. Really shows how bad the Habs PP is. It is awful at creating shots and scoring chances.

We're apparently leading in the "Excite Meter". Is that when the BC scoreboard is showing our good looking fans?

Lots of acronyms, not exactly user-friendly for the non-initiated.

Reactions: Uncle Gary

S Bah

Nov 7, 2010
victoria bc
Want my Max Domi bobblehead, watch for a breakout game from Drouin, Kotkaneimi & Domi tonight. Going for 5 in a row tonight, Go Habs Go!!!... oh yeah Lehkonen is due for a couple too.:vhappy::vhappy::vhappy:light em up early & often Habs, enjoy the time off.

Reactions: Cacaniemi

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
Wouldn't it be more appropriate if they had made statues with the faces of all the players he turned into bobbleheads: Kesler, Ekblad, etc.

That's part of a whole other celebration that involves carving turkeys.

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012

Niemi reward for his stellar performance this week plus it's another B2B, I guess it was to be expected.

As for Hudon, this is it. Strut your stuff Charles and tell your agent to STFU. Put out or be gone. Unfortunately, doesn't look like he's going to get a prolonged audition so he'd better make the most of whatever ice time he gets. Good luck to him.

Reactions: Adam Michaels
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad