GDT: Game 50: Kings @ Coyotes - 7PM - Photo Finish (To The Season)

PerpetualTankYear

Doan 3:16
Mar 27, 2008
Phoenix, AZ
The Coyotes are a bunch of *******. The Kings were hitting everything, playing with an edge, and basically doing whatever they wanted to the Coyotes after whistles.

And we just took it. Someone needs to grow a pair and hit back. And the only person doing it is 20 years old and the smallest one on the ****ing team.

CC96

Serious Offender
Nov 6, 2012
Mesa, Arizona
The Coyotes are a bunch of *******. The Kings were hitting everything, playing with an edge, and basically doing whatever they wanted to the Coyotes after whistles.

And we just took it. Someone needs to grow a pair and hit back. And the only person doing it is 20 years old and the smallest one on the ****ing team.

Boy, I sure wish we had one or two enforcers as a 13th. and 14th. forward to play in games like this, instead of Kyle Chipchura.

It's a good thing we didn't have two enforcers at the beginning of the season, who we proceeded to trade and send to the AHL, since Dave Tippett just absolutely has to have Kyle Chipchura on the team for the fifth straight year, instead of a player to stick up for our guys. I'm glad this didn't happen, because it would make watching games like tonight all the more frustrating.

MIGs Dog

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 3, 2012
I'd like the Yotes to make the playoffs, but if Domi an the Duke continue to produce I'll be happy at the end of the season even if we miss out.

The future is bright...next year should be brighter.

Need ownership to bump payroll to fill the gaps and this team could win the Pacific next year.

ck26

Alcoholab User
Jan 31, 2007
HCanes Bandwagon
Really not sure what Chipchura brings that Scott didn't. What an example of that tonight. Luke Schenn can eat a dick. Dirty hit by 2008 5OA on 2009 6OA, the player he has completely failed to be ... it's like OEL is an A+ and Schenn is a C on the same homework assignment. But where were the punches? Embarrassing. NHL defenseman Derek Morris and NHL all-star John Scott sorely lacking ... no snarl at all on this soft-ass team.

lanky

Feeling Spicy
Jun 23, 2007
Winnipeg
I'd like the Yotes to make the playoffs, but if Domi an the Duke continue to produce I'll be happy at the end of the season even if we miss out.

The future is bright...next year should be brighter.

Need ownership to bump payroll to fill the gaps and this team could win the Pacific next year.

The talent level will be higher next year for sure. That might not translate to more wins with the big drop in experience.

rt

The Kinder, Gentler Version
May 13, 2004
A Rockwellian Pleasantville
Scott only fights enforcers. Downie would've just got ejected five minutes into the game.

We need guys who will fight, will fight any weight class, and can play the game. Brad May, Mike Brown, Derek Morris, etc.

Think the Caps would trade us Tom Wilson for Mikkel Boedker?

Last edited:

Jakey53

Aug 27, 2011
No. This is the real Domingue playing he finally came back down to earth.

You could be right. Maybe the whole team is coming back down to earth.

I miss Dahlbeck.

KConn has not been good.

The talent level will be higher next year for sure. That might not translate to more wins with the big drop in experience.

I tend to agree with you. The first and second years usually are tough years, but the third year is when we should see big results.

Scott only fights enforcers. Downie would've just got ejected five minutes into the game.

We need guys who will fight, will fight any weight class, and can play the game. Brad May, Mike Brown, Derek Morris, etc.

That is exactly the type of player we need. I agree about Scott and Downie. It was a experiment that didn't work out.

cobra427

May 6, 2012
I thought I would wait until this morning to read all the doom and gloom posts:) We were do to not get points from L.A., at least for a game, against a much better team this year.

LD 2 soft goals
2 dumb penalties
PK another poor performance
PP another poor performance

Goal tending, dumb penalties, and special teams killed us, we lost in all 4 categories tonight. The bigger and continuing underlying problem lies in our D core. Kconn is not the answer, Z is too slow, and Grossman missed a few assignments. Our D, outside of OEL can't make a good/quick first pass. it becomes more obvious against a good forechecking team like L.A. I can see why DM picked up Tinordi/Kconn, but they are depth guys not a short term fix. We need a good PMD (Yandle).

Mosby

Salt Lake Bound
Feb 16, 2012
Toronto
So do we start Louie or Lindback vs the Hawks?

Our record vs the Hawks recently hasn't been great, so maybe we should start Lindback anyways. Besides, he's looked OK in relief the past two games.

RemoAZ

Let it burn
Mar 30, 2010
Glendale, Arizona

Isn't Lucic a FA at the end of the season? He'd be a huge addition and just what the doctor ordered.

Lucic Hanzal Reider

Mosby

Salt Lake Bound
Feb 16, 2012
Toronto
Let the Kings give Lucic that big extension. His body will implode before that contract ends.

moosemeister

5,000 strong
Feb 15, 2010
Mesa, Arizona
Downie isn't have the hockey player Lucic is. I agree he's a ***** but he'd look good as our *****.

I have to disagree man. You're pretty easy to agree with so don't take this the wrong way.

Yeah Lucic does have some hockey sense. He's still a moron who takes dumb penalties at the wrong time and has a target painted on his back.

Lucic was my least favorite player in the league. His dirty hits, cup checks (the Lucic Special), and his cowarding when confronted by players isn't anything I want on this team. Then he went to the ****ing Kings and I hated him even more. Hasn't changed a damn bit.

What I saw out of Domi last night is what I want. A player who doesn't give a single rats ass. He saw a teammate get hit, jumped in there and started swinging. He did the same with Boll earlier this year. Sad part, Domi shouldn't be that guy. Ever. Lol.

This should be Chipchura's job. I can recall Domi doing this more than him this year. Chipchura has potted some timely goals this year, but I would like someone who can eat minutes and throw down. Though Lucic fits that mold, he isn't the player I want.

Bonsai Tree

Turning a new leaf
Feb 2, 2014
That's why we need Samuelson. We need a big guy who can not only play top 6 minutes but has the body and the mindset to protect his players when needed. Domi is like a bulldog, great to have around, but what we need is a team rottweiler.

Edit - I don't mean that we don't need Domi, far from it. What I mean is we need someone else to be there the way Domi was last night.

The Feckless Puck

Registered Loser
Sponsor
Oct 26, 2006
That's why we need Samuelson. We need a big guy who can not only play top 6 minutes but has the body and the mindset to protect his players when needed. Domi is like a bulldog, great to have around, but what we need is a team rottweiler.

Edit - I don't mean that we don't need Domi, far from it. What I mean is we need someone else to be there the way Domi was last night.

What we need is a sane Raffi Torres.

Sadly, the only available model is of the "insane" variety.

Bandit34

Jul 23, 2007
HFBoards
Vermette, Rieder, Tikhonov, Boedker, Duclair, Gordon, Ekman-Larsson, Stone, and Michalek will never fight. That's nine guys that will RARELY (if ever) stand up for teammates.

Hanzal, Murphy, Dahlbeck, Martinook, and Grossmann are big guys but have their gloves glued on because that isn't their game.

The only guys with a true backbone on this team are Doan, Chipchura, Domi, Richardson, and Tinordi. Five guys. Having this small amount of these type of players makes it obvious why it never seems like the coyotes stick up for each other.

Not saying that having a guy like John Scott wouldn't be nice on the roster, but having a guy that hardly plays doesn't help as much as having toughness throughout the line-up.

RemoAZ

Let it burn
Mar 30, 2010
Glendale, Arizona
I have to disagree man. You're pretty easy to agree with so don't take this the wrong way.

Yeah Lucic does have some hockey sense. He's still a moron who takes dumb penalties at the wrong time and has a target painted on his back.

Lucic was my least favorite player in the league. His dirty hits, cup checks (the Lucic Special), and his cowarding when confronted by players isn't anything I want on this team. Then he went to the ****ing Kings and I hated him even more. Hasn't changed a damn bit.

What I saw out of Domi last night is what I want. A player who doesn't give a single rats ass. He saw a teammate get hit, jumped in there and started swinging. He did the same with Boll earlier this year. Sad part, Domi shouldn't be that guy. Ever. Lol.

This should be Chipchura's job. I can recall Domi doing this more than him this year. Chipchura has potted some timely goals this year, but I would like someone who can eat minutes and throw down. Though Lucic fits that mold, he isn't the player I want.

I get what you're saying and I don't totally disagree. Lucic may not be the guy we need but we desperately need someone like him. A guy that can actually play (he was a 30 goal scorer and had over 50 points a few times), big, nasty, consistently gets under the other team's skin and takes no **** from anyone. There just aren't alot of guys like that in the league, especially ones that will be free agents.

MIGs Dog

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 3, 2012
Yeah, good luck with that. :(

Next year we could have half a dozen rookie/2nd/3rd yr guys all playing for a relative bargain. Dump the veterans that aren't producing and spend some money to up the overall team quality. We don't need to hit the cap...another $5mil in payroll should do.

I'm not kidding...this team could win the Pacific next year.

RemoAZ

Let it burn
Mar 30, 2010
Glendale, Arizona
Next year we could have half a dozen rookie/2nd/3rd yr guys all playing for a relative bargain. Dump the veterans that aren't producing and spend some money to up the overall team quality. We don't need to hit the cap...another $5mil in payroll should do.

I agree. A FA signing or two along with a trade or two could put us over the top with the influx of young talent that should hit the roster next year. I think we're close to turning the corner.

Mosby

Salt Lake Bound
Feb 16, 2012
Toronto
I get what you're saying and I don't totally disagree. Lucic may not be the guy we need but we desperately need someone like him. A guy that can actually play (he was a 30 goal scorer and had over 50 points a few times), big, nasty, consistently gets under the other team's skin and takes no **** from anyone. There just aren't alot of guys like that in the league, especially ones that will be free agents.

Troy Brouwer fits a lot of this description. He's a free agent this summer.

Chris Neil and Mike Brown as well, but both are strictly fourth liners.

The Feckless Puck

Registered Loser
Sponsor
Oct 26, 2006

I agree. A FA signing or two along with a trade or two could put us over the top with the influx of young talent that should hit the roster next year. I think we're close to turning the corner.

For this to happen we have to hope that a) we'll actually have the cash to go above the cap floor (they said they'd do it this year but that obviously didn't happen), b) that the continuing instability of the market doesn't scare off the worthwhile free agents we'd target, and c) that Don Maloney doesn't go back to the bargain bin or keep doing his "getting the band back together" thing.

It all depends on if we get that promised announcement before free agency opens...

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad