GDT: Game #50 | Chicago Blackhawks @ Detroit Red Wings | 8:00 PM EST | NBCSN, TSN2

Status
Not open for further replies.

ProPAIN

I am the DANGER!
Nov 3, 2009
Paris
I don't think I can watch this. We've seen Detroit pull out improbable wins and getting decent results against top teams but I saw the Hawks play a few times this year, they are going to skate circles around this lineup.

Ahh, the advantage of sucking for so many years. Finally bearing fruit in Chi-town.

Number 9*

4 teams to jump over in the standings to get to 8th place. This the biggest game of the year to date. This is a game in hand with Toronto.

Detroit Swed Wings

#FireHolland
Jan 17, 2013
Malmö
OK so here we are after +/- half season. Every game has a negative spin in my mind.
Every game I start watching I kind of know what to expect.

What pisses me of the most is that the first minutes of the last couple of games, we played OK and could easily have taken the lead on any of the quality chances generated. And what pisses me off even more is when we eventually score first on above mentioned chances, we still drop 2 goal leads.

It's like the best scenario and effort possible isn't enough to win games.

Tomas W

Oct 23, 2007
Sweden
Monster will have to have a monster game! Dont think the Wings will score many goals sadly.

Isnt Ericsson back yet?

Hockey doesnt always follow logic. A good game from Gustavsson is needed though. Gustavsson is the kind of Goalie that can makes both highlight saves and let in softies.

Shoalzie

Trust me!
May 16, 2003
Portland, MI
This team can't run and gun...keep them at 2 goals or less. The playoff dreams aren't dead yet but you can't keep losing ground.

Number 9*

This team can't run and gun...keep them at 2 goals or less. The playoff dreams aren't dead yet but you can't keep losing ground.

I agree with you that the dream isn't dead. BUT each game becomes bigger than the last. And those 7 points lost in the Shootout are looking HUGE right now. Even 3 of those lost points would be nice right now.

SoupNazi

Serenity now. Insanity later.
Feb 6, 2010
Khan:

Wings with same lines as last game: Nyquist-Zetterberg-Abdelkader, Jurco-Sheahan-Bertuzzi, Tatar-Helm-Miller, Cleary-Glendening-Eaves.

SoupNazi

Feb 6, 2010
Ansar Khan ‏@AnsarKhanMLive 28s
Ericsson confirms he is playing tonight.

Vladdy84

L-O-Y-A-L-T-Y
Dec 1, 2011
Farmington
Khan:

Wings with same lines as last game: Nyquist-Zetterberg-Abdelkader, Jurco-Sheahan-Bertuzzi, Tatar-Helm-Miller, Cleary-Glendening-Eaves.

Should just go with Jurco-Sheahan-Tatar to start instead of switching to that in the 3rd when we're down a couple goals...

SoupNazi

Feb 6, 2010
Helene St. James ‏@HeleneStJames 1m
#RedWings Pavel Datsyuk (Lower body) said feels better, could be back within week, said 100% sure ready for #Sochi2014

Ansar Khan ‏@AnsarKhanMLive 1m
Datsyuk feels better, saying he can skate now. Says he is day to day, not sure when he"ll return but confident it will be before Olympics.

Ansar Khan ‏@AnsarKhanMLive 40s
Defense pairs are Kronwall-Ericsson, Quincey-DeKeyser, Lashoff-Smith.

Zetterberg4Captain

Aug 11, 2009
Detroit
Helene St. James ‏@HeleneStJames 1m
#RedWings Pavel Datsyuk (Lower body) said feels better, could be back within week, said 100% sure ready for #Sochi2014

Ansar Khan ‏@AnsarKhanMLive 1m
Datsyuk feels better, saying he can skate now. Says he is day to day, not sure when he"ll return but confident it will be before Olympics.

Ansar Khan ‏@AnsarKhanMLive 40s
Defense pairs are Kronwall-Ericsson, Quincey-DeKeyser, Lashoff-Smith.

so long as he is 100% for Sochi thats all mike and marion can ask for..

DarkReign

Jan 30, 2008
so long as he is 100% for Sochi thats all mike and marion can ask for..

He'll be ready for the Olympics.

No surprise. I doubt Datsyuk is dogging it, but I have my suspicions about Alfredsson and Franzen. This is Alfie's last Olympics, he wouldnt miss it for the world and as a 1-year hired mercenary, I cant blame him.

But Franzen...? Oh well, cant prove it, no evidence, only a hunch.

odin1981

There can be only 1!
Mar 8, 2013
Canton Mi
If by the third period it is only 3-1 chi I will be happy. Good chance though this game gets ugly fast. We are not fit to play against this team atm. Don't understand starting gus right away into this game. Wish mrazek was given the call tonight.

A goalie that is rusty playing first game in awhile against one of the best offenses in the league is not a good recipe for positive results.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad