GDT: Game #50 | Chicago Blackhawks @ Detroit Red Wings | 8:00 PM EST | NBCSN, TSN2

Status
Not open for further replies.

SoupNazi

Serenity now. Insanity later.
Feb 6, 2010

:hawks at :wings

January 22, 2013
8:00 p.m., NBCSN, TSN2

Place:
spot_jla_building_outside.jpg

Joe Louis Arena
Detroit, Michigan

Lines:

:wings

Left Wing | Center | Right Wing
Gustav Nyquist|Henrik Zetterberg|Justin Abdelkader
Tomas Jurco|Riley Sheahan|Todd Bertuzzi
Tomas Tatar|Darren Helm|Drew Miller
Daniel Cleary|Luke Glendening|Patrick Eaves

Left Defense | Right Defense
Niklas Kronwall|Jonathan Ericsson
Kyle Quincey|Daniel Dekeyser
Brian Lashoff|Brendan Smith

Starting Goaltender
Jonas Gustavsson

:hawks

Left Wing | Center | Right Wing
Patrick Sharp | Jonathan Toews | Marian Hossa
Brandon Saad | Andrew Shaw | Patrick Kane
Bryan Bickell | Michal Handzus | Sheldon Brookbank
Brandon Bollig | Marcus Kruger | Ben Smith

Left Defense | Right Defense
Duncan Keith | Brent Seabrook
Johnny Oduya | Niklas Hjalmarsson
Nick Leddy | Mike Kostka

Starting Goaltender
Corey Crawford

Last edited:

Flowah

Nov 30, 2009
Please play hard. I don't care too much if we lose with this lineup, I just want to see some damn passion and heart.

Frk It

Mo Seider Less Problems
Jul 27, 2010
Is Gustavsson really starting tomorrow?

I was hoping maybe Mrazek could re-create that 52 save game against Canada in the WJC, and lead his team to an improbable win.

silkyjohnson50

Jan 10, 2007
If Edzo is doing the color I wonder how long it takes him to bring up Detroit getting away with subtle picks and interference.

SoupNazi

Serenity now. Insanity later.
Feb 6, 2010
Is Gustavsson really starting tomorrow?

I was hoping maybe Mrazek could re-create that 52 save game against Canada in the WJC, and lead his team to an improbable win.

Khan tweeted earlier that Gustavsson is starting.

ArGarBarGar

What do we want!? Unfair!
Sep 8, 2008
Guess I'm going to this game now, too.

Crappier seats, but hopefully a less crappy outcome.

KJoe88

Forever Lost.
May 18, 2012
Trenton, MI
Oddly enough I feel good about this one. I don't know why. It'll definitely be tough, but I think we'll pull off a win somehow.

But then again, I wouldn't be shocked if we absolutely get pooped on. :(

It's been a rocky season with poor decisions and terrible luck as well, but I ain't done believing yet. We're still in the hunt. Win a few games and stay healthy (get healthy too) until the Olympic break and we should at least be competitive afterwards.

LGRW!

Jul 30, 2005
I mean, what is location, really
The way I figure, when things are really going wrong you need to sit down and pay attention to what in particular is making things so bad. This stretch is an opportunity for Holland and Babcock to do that. This game against the Hawks should be the worst beating of that stretch.

drw02

Aug 10, 2013
Really need a win...keep falling further and further back...wtf got in to Toronto? That team is terrible, it doesn't make any sense. Were tied for 5th in the wild card race...frustrating to watch everyone pass us....even Florida is creeping up on us :help:

Gus will probably be rusty and the Hawks are going to be throwing a lot of rubber at him. Mrazek should be starting this game...oh well...

5-2 Hawks

Aug 6, 2012
Wow the Hawks are amazingly healthy. Toews, Kane, Sharp, Keith, Saad, Seabrook, Hjalmarsson, Leddy, Oduya, and Oduya have all played every game - that's pretty much their core right there besides Hossa.

There is no word go describe how bad the Wings are going to be dominated tomorrow...

aar000n

Oct 16, 2006
Please play hard. I don't care too much if we lose with this lineup, I just want to see some damn passion and heart.

This I don't mind losing to talent but the blues outworked the Wings you can control that they out hustled and were more hungry. The Wings need to play with heart I was under the impression that the youth would bring this but they are so easily influences by the game flow.

Zetterbergs Beard

Red Wins fan
May 20, 2013
Vancouver, BC
Wow the Hawks are amazingly healthy. Toews, Kane, Sharp, Keith, Saad, Seabrook, Hjalmarsson, Leddy, Oduya, and Oduya have all played every game - that's pretty much their core right there besides Hossa.

There is no word go describe how bad the Wings are going to be dominated tomorrow...

Wow, so they had 2 healthy Oduyas the whole season? :sarcasm:

But yeah their luck is pretty crazy. Wings are gonna get slaughtered in the first game I could watch on TV since the Winter Classic :cry:

Claypool

Jan 12, 2009
4-1 Chicago.

Goal by Cleary just to make the night even worse.

Prediction: Bertuzzi gets injured.

HIFE

May 10, 2011
Detroit, MI
Wow, so they had 2 healthy Oduyas the whole season? :sarcasm:

But yeah their luck is pretty crazy. Wings are gonna get slaughtered in the first game I could watch on TV since the Winter Classic :cry:

2 healthy Oduyas, that's their secret! :laugh:

As up and down as the Red Wings have been, honestly they could win. If it wasn't possible it wouldn't be called "sports". Last game was an off night for sure, then St. Loui loses like 6-1 against NJ yesterday. For a bunch of waived, washed-up scrubs and minor leaguers they are still the DRW! Lidstrom, Datsyuk and Alfie in the house could be enough to intend a victory against the Stanley Cup champions. Either way it's gonna be some damn good hockey.

Several of our guys resting as maintenance speaks to the reality of facing a large, physical team like the Blues. They are punishing. That 1 hour of play ground us down. Players are taught to hide their pain throughout the game but you know they are sore still. It's also a simple fact that when you're getting pounded with shots and chasing around your zone, injuries from fatigue, desperation, blocking shots happen a lot more. Just like penalties. If Howard didn't have to kill himself scrambling after 50 shots he may not be as prone to injury either. It may take the Wings' survival instinct kicking in to execute better and preserve their bodies.

I like Gustavsson starting. Don't care if he's sat he is helping us win this season. If he and Babcock say he's ready to go I believe it.

Lets Go Red Wings!

Jusek

Dec 2, 2009
I have a day off tomorrow. Is it worth waking up at 3:00 am and watch this game? I don't think so.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad