GDT: Game 50 - CBJ at NYR - 19 Jan, 7pm

KJ Dangler

Oct 21, 2006
Columbus
So who makes the Manny Legace appreciation thread :nod:. I seem to remember in the off-season losing Bob, we had to score 40 more goals to make up for the loss of Bob .

Reactions: thebus88

ViD

#CBJNeedHugs
Sponsor
Apr 21, 2007
Blue Jackets Area
We went from, "long" -to- "magical", pretty quick, eh?

That comment is directed towards many.

To pile on, "All Star" Korpisalo is still the starter, as well.

I sincerely apologize to continue my "fair-weatherness", its just hard with the whole unsustainable winning thing.....AGAIN. :xcheers:
It’s also magical because we’re winning games we’re not even supposed to win. I believe we’re still one of the bottom teams in terms of the advanced stats, our PP is a joke and we’re struggling offensively, but we’ve been getting outstanding goaltending, defensively we’re able to limit grade A chances and we’ve been quite successful clearing rebounds well in front of goalies.

I don’t think anyone who is watching the games would say we’ve looked amazing and dominated in any of them, but we’re grinding the wins with this depleted roster so let’s enjoy it while it lasts.

DarkandStormy

Apr 29, 2014
I don’t think anyone who is watching the games would say we’ve looked amazing and dominated in any of them, but we’re grinding the wins with this depleted roster so let’s enjoy it while it lasts.

Depleted roster is becoming less and less of an excuse. Anderson is a big name out - but he was awful (and not looking 100%) when he was playing this season. Texier is out indefinitely (still?). Only one big hole on the blue line - the Kukan/Murray spot opposite of Nuti. So most guys are back. And probably only 3-4 more games played until Korpi returns given the bye week and ASG.

Reactions: thebus88

Madifer

Oct 2, 2018
The fact is, this is all being done without the teams starting goaltender.

There is a long standing "joke" on the term "unsustainable" that you may not quite understand, and while no it is not sustainable to win 16 games in a row every 16 games, or go 8-2 every 10 games, with the team getting its most dangerous offensive player back in Bjorkstrand and in the somewhat near future the return of the teams BEST goalie, I would say NO, that the winning IS NOT unsustainable, just as it wasn't the last 3 years.

Losing a player that had such a huge impact on the teams strategies and performance, along with also adding a handful of young and new players, there was always going to be a "transition" period for the team to gain chemistry and mesh together the best they could, along with the coaching staff being able find the best possible combinations for everything to come together.

What if, what was unsustainable all along, was the losing.....?? :thumbu:

To your last (bolded) point..... HAHA. I disagree.

Again, this is a very radical post, in fact there are even assumptions in there.

I usually read every post on this board and while we are all different, I think your passion for the team/game makes you write too black/white posts sometimes. Im just saying

The Jones Zone

Nov 27, 2013
Raleigh, NC
The Ranger's Official scorer sure didn't want Panarin to be a -2 in a game that ended 2-1

He must have been on the bench for 0.5 seconds on Bjork's second goal

the Forward who came on the ice for him got screwed

CBJWerenski8

Formerly CBJWennberg10 (RIP Kivi)
Jun 13, 2009
The Ranger's Official scorer sure didn't want Panarin to be a -2 in a game that ended 2-1

He must have been on the bench for 0.5 seconds on Bjork's second goal

the Forward who came on the ice for him got screwed

I believe it was Ryan strome who left the ice to give us the 3 on 2, not panarin.

CBJWerenski8

Formerly CBJWennberg10 (RIP Kivi)
Jun 13, 2009
watch and tell me where Panarin is on the second goal

Yep he’s leaving the ice. But I thought you meant the guy at fault for the goal was panarin when it was strome. Either way panarin should get a minus, not that the stat matters.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad