GDT: Game 50 - CBJ at NYR - 19 Jan, 7pm

Madifer

Oct 2, 2018
This has been a magical year so far !

Its when the league starts taking this team for real once again and when optimism here on this part of forum starts overshadowing the fact that this still is a transitional year, its then when this team may start struggling.

Ps. An average GDT game thread used to be 4-6 pages long in crisis times but not anymore :Р

Reactions: MoeBartoli

Monstershockey

Sponsor
Dec 31, 2017
Man, I am so happy for Kiv. Watching him the last three seasons and how much he has improved and how hard he has worked. He got thrown into the fire his first year because of injuries and it took him a long time to get back to form. Not being trusted to play in the AHL playoffs last season had to suck, and his determination to get better has been fun to watch. This kid earned it.

Iron Balls McGinty

Aug 5, 2005
Man, I am so happy for Kiv. Watching him the last three seasons and how much he has improved and how hard he has worked. He got thrown into the fire his first year because of injuries and it took him a long time to get back to form. Not being trusted to play in the AHL playoffs last season had to suck, and his determi ation to get better has been fun to watch. This kid earned it.
I'm shocked at how composed he was for his first game. I'm sure just being on the team the last couple of weeks helped him get settled but he had some nice stops and looked very good.

Reactions: Monstershockey

Theo Von

gang gang buzz buzz
Nov 15, 2013
At one point, we were 26th.
To see us now at 8th.
is...
incredible.

Attachments

• C4748971-5CBA-4FF5-8FDA-A902B4E41851.jpeg
    C4748971-5CBA-4FF5-8FDA-A902B4E41851.jpeg
    167.6 KB · Views: 6
Reactions: MoeBartoli

Madifer

Oct 2, 2018
I can't tell you how many times I said "F*** THAT GUY!" anytime he got the puck.

My russian bias used to have a weak spot for that guy, but no more. Hes a traitor.

Ps. Is it too optimistic to say that I may have more confidence in this year's goalies situation than at any point last year?. Imagine if Elvis and/or Korpi develop the PO Holby syndrome who can become a wall in the PO and is the definition of being an anti choker.

No matter how great Bob was during the regular season sometimes, I dont think anyone here could say that one could trust him in the playoffs. We were all expecting that PO Bob to make an appearance. However things could be different with Elvis/Korpi since their psyche appears to be stronger even during interviews, where Bob was also a nervous wreak sometimes.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad