Post-Game Talk: GAME 50 - B's lay a brontosaurus egg - Flames 4 BRUINS 1

Ned Bouhalassa

Mar 2, 2008
Montreal
Should we start a Gofundme page so we can buy the organization a truckload of these?:

sandpaper_surface_preparation.jpg

analyser

Jan 7, 2014
I took my daughters to a game last year for the first time ever vs Nashville and the Bruins played like shit. Maybe their worst performance of their season. Last night reminded me a lot of that game.

If Sweeney doesn't address the glaring holes on this team, she's going to be another early playoff exit. They need some nasty in this line up, someone on the back end (Middleton type, not necessarily him) and someone who's a real asshole to play against (Maroon type, not necessarily him). Boqvist, Steen, Lauko, Heinen in our bottom 6 makes us possibly the softest team to play against in the NHL.
Yes the 4th line is supposed to go out bang and crash to switch the momentum. The only problem is they are on the other end of what is to happen and do nothing.

No friggin toughness at all and got pushed around easily by the Flames. Another quick exit from the playoffs coming and still none of the issues rectified.

Reactions: TP70BruinsCup

Bruinfanatic

Apr 22, 2016
Ontario
I guess on a bright side as bad as they played if not for the stupid to many men penalty,I think they would have tied the game ,and possibly won. But this teams lack of physicality,I fear will mean it’s early exit from the playoffs.

mjhfb

Easier from up here
Dec 19, 2016
A thousand miles from nowhere
Other than the fact he was on the ice not sure why all the Grzelcyk hate for the game.
First goal Heinen didn't commit to a player on the backcheck and messed up the 3-3.
The second goal Marchand did the same, left his guy after passing the puck to Kadri.
The third goal Huberdeau beat Mcavoy clean and came off the wall to shoot.
Is Grz my favorite D? No. Are there better choices? At times sure. But there was plenty of blame to go around last night. Even their fourth goal Hanafin looked like he was skating back in PeeWee doing whatever he wanted.

ON3M4N

Ignores/60 = Elite
Dec 13, 2015
Connecticut
Other than the fact he was on the ice not sure why all the Grzelcyk hate for the game.
First goal Heinen didn't commit to a player on the backcheck and messed up the 3-3.
The second goal Marchand did the same, left his guy after passing the puck to Kadri.
The third goal Huberdeau beat Mcavoy clean and came off the wall to shoot.
Is Grz my favorite D? No. Are there better choices? At times sure. But there was plenty of blame to go around last night. Even their fourth goal Hanafin looked like he was skating back in PeeWee doing whatever he wanted.

That's easy, he doesn't fit the mold of what some fans want in a d-man. He's not 6'11, hits like a train, throws punches like Mike Tyson and doesn't have the temper of The Incredible Hulk.

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
Sweeney & Neely were presented a gift a full month ahead of the trade deadline

They can chalk it up to ‘we are in first, it’s first game back after break, these things happen’ and ignore it or think about it and discuss it if there is something that may be a concern

It’s like the engine light going on - could be a loose gas cap could be something major or something relatively minor. In the end doing nothing will be problematic.

Ideally you want to be balanced skill and toughness

They aren’t

Monty can squawk about being physical but their players overall arent

I was gung ho for a Lucic-Bescher - Lauko line but we all know how that went

The simple answer is trade for someone who is

The other is just add more talent

Oscar Steen has skills I saw them in Providence but he’s getting under 10 minutes

You are better off with a big physical player there - who ? TBD

Toughness aside they could use talent

If they don’t do something play the shit out of Beecher & Lohrei when healthy next 2 months and throw them in

I go
A. Is Hanifin available and not signing with Calgary

B. If no on Hanifin (Since Sweeney & Brisson the agent for Hanifin have 3 Bruins in Providence I’m sure they chat) I go for Middleton & Maroon

Back up swap out Steen for Coyotes Liam OBrien

C. They can’t deal get Beecher & Lohrei ready - big boys 23 years old they should be able to withstand the physical aspect at their size & just had a year of professional hockey including nhl games in Dallas (where they both were stars in the game)

Donny don’t ignore the engine light

Guelph Bruin

Sponsor
Mar 2, 2015
In regards to comments that we will be an early exit in the playoffs ....I'm not so sure, our goaltending is elite and that's the most important position to be able to steal a series or 4 ...on the other hand if we let others take liberties with us then it may be a war of attrition we lose in the playoffs....so yeah..add some cheap grit and role the dice

TP70BruinsCup

Let’s Go Bruins👏🏻👏🏻👏🏻
Nov 16, 2019
North of Leafland
Sweeney & Neely were presented a gift a full month ahead of the trade deadline

They can chalk it up to ‘we are in first, it’s first game back after break, these things happen’ and ignore it or think about it and discuss it if there is something that may be a concern

It’s like the engine light going on - could be a loose gas cap could be something major or something relatively minor. In the end doing nothing will be problematic.

Ideally you want to be balanced skill and toughness

They aren’t

Monty can squawk about being physical but their players overall arent

I was gung ho for a Lucic-Bescher - Lauko line but we all know how that went

The simple answer is trade for someone who is

The other is just add more talent

Oscar Steen has skills I saw them in Providence but he’s getting under 10 minutes

You are better off with a big physical player there - who ? TBD

Toughness aside they could use talent

If they don’t do something play the shit out of Beecher & Lohrei when healthy next 2 months and throw them in

I go
A. Is Hanifin available and not signing with Calgary

B. If no on Hanifin (Since Sweeney & Brisson the agent for Hanifin have 3 Bruins in Providence I’m sure they chat) I go for Middleton & Maroon

Back up swap out Steen for Coyotes Liam OBrien

C. They can’t deal get Beecher & Lohrei ready - big boys 23 years old they should be able to withstand the physical aspect at their size & just had a year of professional hockey including nhl games in Dallas (where they both were stars in the game)

Donny don’t ignore the engine light
This and this again. We are either going to be first in the conference or second. I don’t see NYR catching us, FLA is the team to watch, not just down the stretch but the playoffs too and for me it’s their toughness. Can we match them in that regard in the playoffs? Or Vegas? Or the Canucks……? Let’s see tomorrow how tough they are as I haven’t watched much of them but Tocchet is no pushover. If we see some things we saw last night (which we will) then yes Cam and Don need to fix that and not hope some guys suddenly play bigger than they are. I still cannot believe we have to talk about a Bruins team, again, needing to add toughness.

duffy

Feb 12, 2006
On the PK when one of the top 4 pk defenseman are in the box.

It’s him or Shattenkirk. Pick your poison.

Wotherspoon should be playing over at least one of those two.
Witherspoon should be playing over both of those guys! The scary part is that Shattenkirk was our best defenseman last night.

4ORRBRUIN

Sep 27, 2005
boston
ive never seen a bigger difference in a players play than pasta in saturdays game against philly to todays game. he was everywhere last saturday. today. you could tell 10 minutes in, it was gonna be one of his days off games.
He needs a center that can feed him when opposing D is tough to play against. He feeds off weak defenses on his own.

Terrible effort, terrible game. Bright spot was Jake.
I hope the Flames were impressed

Reactions: lopey

lopey

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 27, 2009
Frozen Tundra Northern Ontario
What bothered me was the lack of effort. Going to have games where things dont work but no excuses for not giving your all. Floating around all night. I refused to watch the third period because of the effort.

• Love
Reactions: BMC

sarge88

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 29, 2003

That's easy, he doesn't fit the mold of what some fans want in a d-man. He's not 6'11, hits like a train, throws punches like Mike Tyson and doesn't have the temper of The Incredible Hulk.

I will freely admit that I love big, tough players.

With that being said, I also loved watching Krug, Hawgood and Jonathan Girard (such a sad situation), who were all undersized.

I feel that I’ve been more than fair with Grzelcyk and acknowledge that he has been very effective for long stretches of time here.

Sadly, that hasn’t been the case in a while, and unfortunately when you’re undersized and bring little offense, your effectiveness is limited.

I think as much as anyone, he needs a fresh start somewhere else.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad