Post-Game Talk: GAME 50 - B's lay a brontosaurus egg - Flames 4 BRUINS 1

Dr Hook

It’s Called Ruins
Sponsor
Mar 9, 2005
Tyler, TX
In fairness, I don’t think anyone expects or should expect physicality from Grizz.

Problem is for most of the last year he hasn’t offered much to offset his lack of physicality.

He scores like a 5/6 and doesn’t do much else.

In the end he’s a small defenseman who doesn’t score like small defensemen are expected to score but also doesn’t defend very well or offer any physicality.

He's not been very good this year, and you won't get an argument out of me on that one. That said, he has taken a pile of crap from a lot of people for far longer than this season. He does defend well when his game is normal, but for whatever reason, he is having a tough year so far.

sarge88

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 29, 2003
He's not been very good this year, and you won't get an argument out of me on that one. That said, he has taken a pile of crap from a lot of people for far longer than this season. He does defend well when his game is normal, but for whatever reason, he is having a tough year so far.

I get it. I’ve never really hammered on him and I’ve appreciated when he’s played well, but as I said in a different post, when you’re undersized and not physical, you’ve got to produce points, IMO.

In the end, like about 30% of the league, he’s a JAG.

Problem is that JAG’s on the back end are noticed more and often take more crap than JAG’s up front, where it’s easier to hide.

PatriceBergeronFan

Jul 15, 2011
USA
I get it. I’ve never really hammered on him and I’ve appreciated when he’s played well, but as I said in a different post, when you’re undersized and not physical, you’ve got to produce points, IMO.

In the end, like about 30% of the league, he’s a JAG.

Problem is that JAG’s on the back end are noticed more and often take more crap than JAG’s up front, where it’s easier to hide.

With a sizable cap hit as well.

Reactions: Sheppy and sarge88

Clode

Aug 2, 2012
Derry, NH
Yeah, and every year he's getting pounded into the boards and this year more than ever he's shying away from contact. When the playoffs roll around his game does a complete 180.

This isn't just this suddenly made up narrative.

Torey Krug was small, but he provided tons of offense from the back end.
Krug also had no problem playing the physical game too

Score8

Apr 6, 2017
These are the games I take note when it comes to playoffs. Beat and beat up with no real hate for losing. I am just not sure when a game comes down to will, they can out will a physical team in 7 games. Playoffs become personal, you can’t treat it like regular season. Not sure this team has enough players that understand this.
That was a character game, and they showed once again why they’ll get bounced in the first round. No character, no work ethic, not willing to stick up for each other , just a collection of people forced to work together , going through the motions till their mandatory work schedule is finished. Bunch of time clock punchers.

BigGoalBrad

Jun 3, 2012
Yep, no issue with him as a 7th D with a $1M-1.5M cap hit.
When he gets no offers as a free agent I am sure Donny will throw him a lifeline and long term deal in that range. If its low enough we can send him to Providence like Wagner who cares I guess?

Score8

Apr 6, 2017
The other pro hockey team in Boston would kick the crap out of this bruins team in a physical game. They are much more entertaining to watch.

Reactions: BMC

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad