GDT: Game 50: Avs @ Stars | January 23rd, 6PM MT/3AM Finnish | Sequel Scavengers

Status
Not open for further replies.

linusandvarlamov

GO AVS GO !
Apr 2, 2014
Paris, France
Just finished watching the 1st period of the game. Soderberg really had a great chance to bury one with like 7 minutes left in the 1st (had made the right move and everything but just couldn't elevate the puck ; don't know how Niemi stopped that quite frankly).

Greg has a laser beam of a shot and a lot of precision (too bad he got the cross bar). And then Soderberg going into beast mode on the penalty kill at the end of the 1st. That play reminded me of the sort of thing ROR used to do for us.

Soda is just really playing amazingly well right now. Wasn't expecting so much out of him. He deserves that contrat he has.

Sort of got dominated in the 1st possession wise but it was a back to back and we did have a lot of great scoring chances (just as many as the stars).

But boy, I wouldn't want to face the stars in the 1st round. :shakehead

Balthazar

I haven't talked to the trainers yet
Sponsor
Apr 25, 2006
On a side note, the Stars' GDT is a sad, sad thing to read. Yesterday's game reached a total of 2 pages with less than a handful of posters, most of them being from Canada.

linusandvarlamov

GO AVS GO !
Apr 2, 2014
Paris, France
Bigras had a crazy sequence in the offensive zone with like 3:50 remaining in the 2nd where he was dangling behind the Stars net . The guy is gonna be so special !! :yo:

He didn't get much ice time though ...

Tommy Shelby

Feb 26, 2012
Bigras had a crazy sequence in the offensive zone with like 3:50 remaining in the 2nd where he was dangling behind the Stars net . The guy is gonna be so special !! :yo:

He didn't get much ice time though ...

He'll never get a proper amount of ice time until he's freed from the shackles named Redmond, Bods, Guenin, etc

linusandvarlamov

GO AVS GO !
Apr 2, 2014
Paris, France
He'll never get a proper amount of ice time until he's freed from the shackles named Redmond, Bods, Guenin, etc

Yeah, and it's too bad because he's ready. So for the future, how will our left handed side look ? Does Roy end up keeping Holden in the future or will we role with :

Beauchemin
Bigras
Zadorov

when Zadorov is ready. And who goes with Johnson and who with Barrie ? Or maybe we end up with Bigras, Zadorov and Holden once Beauchemin's contrat has expired.

Thepoolmaster

Dec 3, 2011
Yeah, and it's too bad because he's ready. So for the future, how will our left handed side look ? Does Roy end up keeping Holden in the future or will we role with :

Beauchemin
Bigras
Zadorov

when Zadorov is ready. And who goes with Johnson and who with Barrie ? Or maybe we end up with Bigras, Zadorov and Holden once Beauchemin's contrat has expired.

Thinking next year Bigras might move up to play with EJ if he's ready and Beauchemin will move to the right side to play with zadarov

Duchene2MacKinnon

In the hands of Genius
Aug 8, 2006
Missed the game but it looks like the avs won because of varly? Scoreboard looks like from 2 years ago or when Andy was great under Sacco.

hold3n

Registered Loser
Jul 15, 2011
London, ON
On a side note, the Stars' GDT is a sad, sad thing to read. Yesterday's game reached a total of 2 pages with less than a handful of posters, most of them being from Canada.

Stars forum had a mass exodus from HF after an issue with some moderators... they left and made their own forum with hookers and blackjack.

Freudian

Clearly deranged
Jul 3, 2003
Games over .500%, which is most accurate since there is a big gap in games played at the moment (Calgary has 5 less than Avs and Anaheim 4 less).

Chicago: 17
Dallas: 16
Los Angeles: 14
St Louis: 13
San Jose: 7
Minnesota: 6
Colorado: 5
Arizona: 4
Nashville: 4
Anaheim: 3
Vancouver: 2
Calgary: 0
Winnipeg: -3
Edmonton: -7

burnstick

Jan 7, 2015

I agree he has talent and will develop in to a top D pairing for sure.

But crapping on his D partners /teammates as the reason he not getting huge minutes is just silly.
He is good , but has a lot to learn.
If the coaching staff believes he was as great as a lot of posters think , there is no question he would get big minutes with the top pairing.

Enjoy the ride watching him develop and GO AVS !!!!

RockyMtnRedhawk

Feb 25, 2014
Denver
But crapping on his D partners /teammates as the reason he not getting huge minutes is just silly.
He is good , but has a lot to learn.
If the coaching staff believes he was as great as a lot of posters think , there is no question he would get big minutes with the top pairing.

Bigras had 16:10 minutes of ice time when paired with Beauch against the Blues.

Bigras had 7:21 minutes of ice time when paired with Bodnarchuk against the Stars.

I think who he was paired with might have had something to do with his minutes last night.

burnstick

Jan 7, 2015

Bigras had 7:21 minutes of ice time when paired with Bodnarchuk against the Stars.

I think who he was paired with might have had something to do with his minutes last night.

Good point

How many minutes did Bodnarchuk average when he was paired with Beauch ?

Now that EJ is back did you think he was going to get top four minutes ?

WarriorOfGandhi

Was saying Boo-urns
Jul 31, 2007
Denver, CO

hey man, when were you at Miami? I graduated the year they went to the championship and lost spectacularly

RockyMtnRedhawk

Feb 25, 2014
Denver
Good point

How many minutes did Bodnarchuk average when he was paired with Beauch ?

Now that EJ is back did you think he was going to get top four minutes ?

I don't know the avg minutes Bodnarchuk had, but it was pretty significant. I didn't expect Bigras to be in the top 4, but I expected better than 7:21. I think Bigras will get some PK time eventually to bump up his minutes.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad