GDT: Game 50: Avs @ Stars | January 23rd, 6PM MT/3AM Finnish | Sequel Scavengers

Status
Not open for further replies.

ASmileyFace

Landeskog Replacement
Feb 13, 2014
9,318'
xnpktsu.png

Looks good man.

The Merchant

Sponsor
Aug 2, 2011
El Pueblo
So the Avs beat the Stars in regulation, the 2nd of a b2b, passed the Wild for the first time this season AND Rantanen scored one of the most ridiculous goals of the season to top off a hatty...?

200.gif

LieutenantDangle

Barry McKockner
Oct 28, 2014
'Merica
Holden is a top-4 dman in the nhl right now

:naughty:

exactly... right now. i have no faith in him as a long term top 4 guy. we know holden is gonna holden here sooner or later. lets be proactive for once. this is not to say that i haven't been extremely impressed with holden's play this season. I've had his back all year, but bigras could be a special player and i selfishly want him thrust into holden's role

shadow1

Nov 29, 2008
Holden played over 28 minutes both last night and tonight. Crazy to think where he was last year and where he is now.

a mangy Meowth

Ross Colton Fan
Jun 21, 2012
Highlands Ranch, CO
exactly... right now. i have no faith in him as a long term top 4 guy. we know holden is gonna holden here sooner or later. lets be proactive for once. this is not to say that i haven't been extremely impressed with holden's play this season. I've had his back all year, but bigras could be a special player and i selfishly want him thrust into holden's role

me too, bigras is amazing

dahrougem2

Dec 9, 2011
Edmonton, Alberta
Way too many shot attempts allowed but honestly I'd love to know what the high-danger scoring opportunities were. I bet they were pretty close seeing as nearly every shot we took felt like a great scoring opportunity.

Not gonna read into Bigras playing less than 8 minutes but I maintain my prediction that within the next 5 games he'll be sent down and Roy will return to his "trusted" Nate Guenin on the 3rd pairing rotating with Redmond and Bodnarwhateverhisnameis.

hold3n

Registered Loser
Jul 15, 2011
London, ON

I find this offensive to my people.

tigervixxxen

Optimism=Delusional
Jul 7, 2013
Denver
burgundy-review.com
Holden will probably still have a couple brain farts but that's ok, he's come a long way. I think he eventually settles in to a third pairing guy but that's when one of the kids establishes themselves over the next year or so.

Just listened to Dean's postgame, he said Zadorov came down with a good attitude today incase anyone was worried about that.

Foppa2118

Oct 3, 2003

I keep waiting for him to fall back down to earth, but this is by far the most consistently sound hockey he's played in his career. A lot of credit goes to him, but I think we have to give credit to Farrish as well. I thought Tourigny would be a huge loss, but Farrish has Holden playing the best hockey of his career, and the entire D has been pretty sound despite some of the dead weight they've had to drag around still.

Wonder if Holden can keep this up for the rest of the year, and beyond.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad