Half-Assed GDT: Game #5

Burynai

Nov 10, 2010
St. Louis
If the Tank was 100%....I don't see us losing. Unfortunately something is wrong. Or he just put money on the Sharks.

Alklha

Sep 7, 2011
It isn't over. Win game 6 and we've already got the job done twice in Game 7.

My problem tonight is the hypocrisy in leaving Allen in for the start of the third period. This isn't the regular season, every game is huge, and Allen has done nothing to get that kind of leash. Elliott was dropped, not just pulled, after a game 3 performance that was no worse than Allen in the first 2 periods.

The only way we're winning this series is on Elliott's back.

AwesomeSince86

Apr 21, 2015
Just left the game. Tarasenko barely broke a sweat. He showed zero effort all game and the Shatty/Gunn pairing was awful. That was the difference tonight.

Celtic Note

Living the dream
Dec 22, 2006
Excellent way to defend your argument.

Defend that first ****ing goal please. Or the second one. 3rd one wasn't his fault by any means, but it wasn't some unstoppable laser either. 4th one was a nasty tip, no goalie in the world stops that.
Your seeing red and you target is Allen. What's the point in making an argument?

shpongle falls

Ass Möde
Oct 1, 2014
The Night Train
For the record I wanted Moose in game 5 tonight, i thought Allen in game 4 was a smart move and it worked but it should've ended there.

I just didn't like the Blues effort tonight, not enough urgency in both zones of the ice tonight. I'm so f****** pi$$ed off right now. And what the hell if going on with Tarasenko?

TruBlu

Feb 7, 2016
I want the team back next year exactly the way it is, except we need to pick up a 1C. I like this team the way it is, but to be so horribly bad at home, a thing that we have excelled at all year long, is crazy to me. It is truly a curse with this team that season ticket holders get to watch them win all year long at home and get high expectations, only to be **** on in the playoffs. I'd honestly rather sit at home and watch them lose on tv than spend $6k on postseason tickets. Every year they screw me...one way or another.

Spektre

Apr 10, 2010
Krynn
Just left the game. Tarasenko barely broke a sweat. He showed zero effort all game and the Shatty/Gunn pairing was awful. That was the difference tonight.

It's hard to beat the refs

If Polak would have punched Kane in the back of the head 20 times the entire SJ squad would be made to sit on the bus for two games.

Stealth JD

Don't condescend me, man.
Sponsor
Jan 16, 2006
Bonita Springs, FL
Lots of panic in here. It's the best of seven...not best of five. Blues have proven to be resilient, if nothing else. I still think they've got this series, regardless of what we've seen to this point. Smart play and solid goal-tending will advance them to be Finals. Don't everyone rush to the emergency exits just yet. It's not like you need to beat traffic by exiting the bandwagon first.

Celtic Note

Living the dream
Dec 22, 2006

Shatty and Gunnerson were terrible tonight. JBo was handling a grenade, but that is nothing new. His errant pass caused an icing that directly lead to a goal.

TK 421

Barbashev eats babies pass it on
Sep 12, 2007
But people actually called it beforehand. It isnt just a retrospection, Allen did not impress in game 4 sans a few great saves.

Indeed. I thought Allen looked scrambly in game 4 and said so in the series thread. Wondered if it might have been smarter to get Elliott back in.

The Note in MI

Bow to the pyramid
Aug 21, 2013
Muskegon, MI
Lots of panic in here. It's the best of seven...not best of five. Blues have proven to be resilient, if nothing else. I still think they've got this series, regardless of what we've seen to this point. Smart play and solid goal-tending will advance them to be Finals. Don't everyone rush to the emergency exits just yet. It's not like you need to beat traffic by exiting the bandwagon first.

Defense/coping mechanism

TheDizee

Trade Jordan Kyrou ASAP | ALWAYS RIGHT
Apr 5, 2014

My problem tonight is the hypocrisy in leaving Allen in for the start of the third period. This isn't the regular season, every game is huge, and Allen has done nothing to get that kind of leash. Elliott was dropped, not just pulled, after a game 3 performance that was no worse than Allen in the first 2 periods.

allen aint starting game 6 and he was AVERAGE at best tonight

but the story of THIS game and THIS series is how tarasenko has played and the sharks PP getting 2mins of pure zone time every PP. the calls tonight were a joke that would be IFFY in december, letalone may.

Spektre

Apr 10, 2010
Krynn
If SJ does go to the cup I hope it's triple OT game 7 and the other team scores from center ice

Apr 30, 2012
St. Louis, MO

Kind of how i feel. I simply can't give up on this time with as many times as they've come back strong in these playoffs.

Burynai

Nov 10, 2010
St. Louis
But people actually called it beforehand. It isnt just a retrospection, Allen did not impress in game 4 sans a few great saves.

Nevertheless.....you CAN NOT put this team on the PP. Shatty should have resisted. Allen looked shaky but I didn't think there was enough evidence in Game 4 to say we shouldn't stay with the hot hand. And I'm an Elliott guy. No question. Ells is in next game. Live or die by the sword.

Blanick

Winter is coming
Sep 20, 2011
St. Louis
7c9a0630-1398-0133-f50c-0e18518aac2f.gif

shpongle falls

Ass Möde
Oct 1, 2014
The Night Train
Agreed.

2018-19 Cup Champs!
Mar 22, 2012
Beyond useless.....no, he's not. You say he's useless with anyone other then Tarasenko. Absolutely BS. He was good with Backes and Berglund, he's potted 2 this series (one didn't count because of Polak). Did you ever consider when he has Tarasenko's lazy ass on his wing, they are boarder line short handed? Lehtera skates hard and checks hard. His compete level is not in question. Give him Fabbri and Brouwer and I bet he starts to look better.

If you want to say he's overpaid, fine. A boat anchor though...not at all. As to your previous post, what are you going to do about center depth?

4.7M(with significant term, mind you) for a guy who 34 points this season with a 40 goal winger attached to his hip, and a top liner on his other wing and offensive zone starts out the ass. I agree that he checks hard, that he does a lot of dirty work, but it doesn't make up for the fact that he simply isn't a talented enough player to warrant 4.7M. Or even 3M for that matter. We were appalled at the idea of spending a little bit to retain a vastly superior player in Sobotka, but Jori comes over, has one good month, and we reward him(before his old contract had even expired) with a massive deal. It's a deal that's going to hold us back quite a bit in the future.

hullderko

Apr 21, 2015

I want to agree... but the Blues have looked out of gas for most of this series... I hope they can find a way to recover before Wednesday and bring more energy.

The Grouch

Jan 31, 2009

My problem tonight is the hypocrisy in leaving Allen in for the start of the third period. This isn't the regular season, every game is huge, and Allen has done nothing to get that kind leash. Elliott was dropped after a game 3 performance that was no worse than Allen in the first 2 periods.

After I heard Hitchcock making excuses("he really only gave up 1 goal") for Allen after the last game, I'm not surprised. Allen always seems to get the benefit of a doubt, he is Hitch's preference.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad