Half-Assed GDT: Game #5

Vladdy the Impaler

Moar Sobotka
Feb 20, 2015
The Lou
I just don't understand why Allen got the start again. Can anyone explain to me? He was garbage in the third period of game 4, should have never started tonight.

2018-19 Cup Champs!
Mar 22, 2012
Wow....overreact much

No, not really. That's about as bad of a contract as there is in the league. It's not Clarkson level bad, but it's legitimately awful. 4.7M for a guy who is beyond useless if he's played with anyone other than Tarasenko? And even pretty useless with him? We have to get rid of that contract in some way, and nobody is going to take it on without a real sweetener.

BadgersandBlues

Jun 6, 2011
Difference in this series is that their best players are playing like it. Our best players like like *******, especially Tarasenko. I would never have imagined he'd look this bad, but man does he look bad.

sbkbghockey

Aug 26, 2008
at the ice rink, USA
Well it was a good run. Kinda funny that the thing that ended our season was choosing to start a goaltender other than Brian Elliott, the exact same thing that ended our season the past three years. I wonder if we'll ever learn?

On to the offseason.

Backes, Brouwer, JBo, Allen, and Lehtera need to be gone. Whatever you have to do to get rid of that absolutely awful Lehtera contract, do it. If it means throwing in a 1st or Schmaltz or something to do it, so be it. That's an absolute anchor.

We just need to move Elliott at this point. He's never going to get a fair shot because even when he plays amazing, if the team in front of him scores literally 0 goals he gets benched in favor of a ****ing horrific netminder who ***** the bed at every mother ****ing opportunity. Give Elliott a chance to actually be the starter he deserves. Calgary could use a goalie, they seem to have a pretty bright future. Wouldn't mind him there.

No matter how far this team goes, it desperately needs a mini-rebuild and new coaching staff. And if DA can't ID that, a new GM. Look at San Joese, they brought in a new coach and 10 new players (a mix of vets with high compete level and still young enough to contribute plus rising young prospects like Donskoi) and they got over the stagnation they've had over the past 5-10 yrs.

TheDizee

Trade Jordan Kyrou ASAP | ALWAYS RIGHT
Apr 5, 2014
It's hard to win games when the guy who scored you 40 goals in the regular season and led the team in points has 0 in the series and has been a defensive liability.

yep

people can blame allen all they want and he was pretty average tonight but tarasenko is pulling a oshie and his face needs to go on a milk jug.

that chance with about 10mins to go in the game where he didnt even shoot until it was too late and it got blocked says it all. hes playing like the ghost of Oshie.

A Real Barn Burner

Apr 25, 2016
The Blues would be lucky to get this series to 7 games they eek out a lucky win in game one, mailed it in game two and three, found a way to win in game four, and showed no desperation in a winnable game five at home.

Apr 30, 2012
St. Louis, MO
I actually feel pretty confident in our ability to win in SJ. Elliott needs to be back in without question. Allen was what I'd call garbage, but he certainly give us a big save when we needed one.

And for the love of God Hitch, play Fabbri more. He's been our best offensive threat, bar none.

TheDizee

Trade Jordan Kyrou ASAP | ALWAYS RIGHT
Apr 5, 2014
Difference in this series is that their best players are playing like it. Our best players like like *******, especially Tarasenko. I would never have imagined he'd look this bad, but man does he look bad.

i think everyone outside of tarasenko has been ok. petro was not good tonight however.

Tarasenko has been a complete joke in this series.

2018-19 Cup Champs!
Mar 22, 2012

Excellent way to defend your argument.

Defend that first ****ing goal please. Or the second one. 3rd one wasn't his fault by any means, but it wasn't some unstoppable laser either. 4th one was a nasty tip, no goalie in the world stops that.

stl76

No. 5 in your programs, No. 1 in your hearts
Jul 2, 2015
I have little doubt Elliott will start and win game 6 for us. What worries me more is Tarasenko's left leg.

KirkOut

EveryoneOut
Nov 23, 2012
USA
Still the best playoff run in franchise history. Will it be enough to give Hitch another year? :popcorn:

Vladdy the Impaler

Moar Sobotka
Feb 20, 2015
The Lou
Will you give it a ****ing rest? We are all upset the Blues lost, I get it. But cmon, anyone else you want to trash? Is this somehow Army's fault too? Want to blame Obama while we are at it?

Give me a break, you've got countless other Blues fans angrier than they've ever been tonight, this was arguably one of the biggest games in the history of our franchise and we blew it. Inexcusable. Get off your damn high horse.

Dbrownss

Jan 5, 2014
No, not really. That's about as bad of a contract as there is in the league. It's not Clarkson level bad, but it's legitimately awful. 4.7M for a guy who is beyond useless if he's played with anyone other than Tarasenko? And even pretty useless with him? We have to get rid of that contract in some way, and nobody is going to take it on without a real sweetener.
Beyond useless.....no, he's not. You say he's useless with anyone other then Tarasenko. Absolutely BS. He was good with Backes and Berglund, he's potted 2 this series (one didn't count because of Polak). Did you ever consider when he has Tarasenko's lazy ass on his wing, they are boarder line short handed? Lehtera skates hard and checks hard. His compete level is not in question. Give him Fabbri and Brouwer and I bet he starts to look better.

If you want to say he's overpaid, fine. A boat anchor though...not at all. As to your previous post, what are you going to do about center depth?

2018-19 Cup Champs!
Mar 22, 2012
Firmly agree with that. Elliot wasn't spectacular his last two games though.

And yet if the Blues played like they did tonight in those games we win both of them. We scored literally 0 goals in both games combined.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad