Blanick

Winter is coming
Sep 20, 2011
St. Louis
ZvRPFPP.jpg

KingBran

Three Eyed Raven
Apr 24, 2014
Tarasenko really has been terrible in this series, wonder he's injured?

Getting sat on and punched in the ribs didn't help I am sure.

Thought having a kid would have given him new energy.

Stealth JD

Don't condescend me, man.
Sponsor
Jan 16, 2006
Bonita Springs, FL
Entire team needs to wake up on home-ice. Defend the Scottrade Center, and they win the series. No time to take a night off, banged-up or not.

Strange as how they could be two games from the finals, but they don't really have a clear-cut Conn Smythe candidate. Any of Backes, Fabbri, Elliott, Pietrangelo have an argument...but if things continue they way they've gone, victories by committe, they could end up winning the Cup and having the CS-winner come from the losing member of the East. <<< Definitely getting ahead of myself, but it's interesting to see after 18-playoff games.

TheOrganist

Don't Call Him Alex
Feb 21, 2006
Could this team just come out one effing time in a Game 5 at home with the series tied 2-2 and just play a great game and take control of the series?? One time??? Even if they lose Game 6 I'd feel relatively confident in Game 7 at home.

2018-19 Cup Champs!
Mar 22, 2012
Let's go, boys! Let's just take control of the series and run them out of the building.

Majorityof1

Mar 6, 2014
Central Florida
I saw Hitch officially announced Allen is the starter. But any word on whether Fabbri or Backes will suit up? Last I heard, the entire team didn't practice yesterday and Hitch told the media he'd let them know this morning.

As for Backes' injury, NHL.com's article says he was hurt when he "hit a rut" in the ice trying to check a Shark, and turned funny. So it isn't concussion, maybe a twisted ankle or something like that. Hopefully he can suit up if that's the case. I think we will be in real trouble without either, but especially without both.

TheOrganist

Don't Call Him Alex
Feb 21, 2006
I saw Hitch officially announced Allen is the starter. But any word on whether Fabbri or Backes will suit up? Last I heard, the entire team didn't practice yesterday and Hitch told the media he'd let them know this morning.

As for Backes' injury, NHL.com's article says he was hurt when he "hit a rut" in the ice trying to check a Shark, and turned funny. So it isn't concussion, maybe a twisted ankle or something like that. Hopefully he can suit up if that's the case. I think we will be in real trouble without either, but especially without both.

Funny, because JR's article indicated Backes has an "upper body injury."

http://www.stltoday.com/sports/hockey/professional/blues-might-be-without-backes-fabbri-for-pivotal-game/article_1d1bd4e8-25d5-5666-9807-7da817f328a8.html

I find it hard to believe Backes would remain on the bench for basically two and a half periods if he had a head injury stemming from the run-in with Burns.

execwrite

May 4, 2002
Peekskill, NY
Visit site
According to the Sharks they'll have no trouble winning Game 5

The Sharks would be more concerned about the Game 4 loss if they thought the Blues had elevated their game to a level they can't reach. Instead, the Sharks insist that they allowed the Blues to even up the series at 2-2 because they abandoned their structure, leading to sloppy play in all three zones.

Majorityof1

Mar 6, 2014
Central Florida
Funny, because JR's article indicated Backes has an "upper body injury."

http://www.stltoday.com/sports/hockey/professional/blues-might-be-without-backes-fabbri-for-pivotal-game/article_1d1bd4e8-25d5-5666-9807-7da817f328a8.html

I find it hard to believe Backes would remain on the bench for basically two and a half periods if he had a head injury stemming from the run-in with Burns.

JR's article does say upper-body injury. But it also says he jammed his skate in the ice and fell, which is similar to how NHL.com described it. So maybe he hurt something in the fall or maybe he twisted his back when he turned funny :dunno: Either way, hope him sitting was precaution and he's good to go.

2 Minute Minor

Hi Keeba!
Jun 3, 2008
Temple, Texas
According to the Sharks they'll have no trouble winning Game 5

The Sharks would be more concerned about the Game 4 loss if they thought the Blues had elevated their game to a level they can't reach. Instead, the Sharks insist that they allowed the Blues to even up the series at 2-2 because they abandoned their structure, leading to sloppy play in all three zones.

I hope they abandon their structure again then.

I do think the Blues had a bit more desperation in the last game. But you also have Allen now having had a chance to get a bit sharper. I think he'll outplay Jones in this game and that's probably the difference.

Would love if Tarasenko got pissed off and showed up. Someone tell him he's tied with Brouwer in goals.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad