GDT: Game 5: Vegas Golden Knights @ Arizona Coyotes | 6 PM | It's like the last two games, but different.

CupInSIX

My cap runneth over
Jul 1, 2012
Alphaville
Forgot about the early start. Wait they're playing the Coyotes again for real? @hangman005 was telling the truth?!

iu

Pia8988

May 26, 2014
Not great. They really need to cut the 13-5 garbage out. I feel they'll do it all year long as long as they're comfortably in the playoffs.

IceNeophyte

Nov 14, 2017
Boy when this team decides to fail, they don't half ass it. In addition to defensive woes, Panda was off tonight.

Brazen331

Jul 18, 2018
What about trading Reaves and playing Kolesar in his spot to alleviate this situation? I have been tough on Keegan but he has played decently and he is a decade younger, faster and cheaper.

Reaves is on a more reasonable contract now, a fair price for the NHL hits leader I think. There have to be teams who would give up something for him. He is a unique player in today's game.

Vegan Knight

Feb 16, 2018
What about trading Reaves and playing Kolesar in his spot to alleviate this situation? I have been tough on Keegan but he has played decently and he is a decade younger, faster and cheaper.

Reaves is on a more reasonable contract now, a fair price for the NHL hits leader I think. There have to be teams who would give up something for him. He is a unique player in today's game.

They'll never trade Reaves. Should have signed him to the 1.75 over two years, 875k each.

I thought they said Kolesar was our hits leader the past two games. I've been impressed the more I've seen him. Not at the expense of Glass or having six defensemen but I think he can be a good fourth liner for us.

I think the concerns over him playing hasn't been because of his play, it's been who has been forced out with cap concerns. If he replaces Carrier or Reaves there's probably far less made of it and his play would probably get pretty good reviews for a young player in those spots.

CupInSIX

My cap runneth over
Jul 1, 2012
Alphaville
A couple of positives from this tire fire:
-Glass seemed to win almost every draw
-Kolesar continues to make the most of his ice time. He didn't look out of place with Marchy & WB
-that's all I can think of :ha:

Reaves is still overpaid but he took a big pay cut. If they didn't throw almost 3m at Stephenson first chance they got, they might be able to have 21 players and 6 dmen every night.

Last edited:

Rodzilla

Aug 31, 2010
Canada
Hey guys!

who do I need to follow to know who starts in nets for you guys. I have Fleury but cant seem to find the info anywhere on Twitter

Reactions: emeyezee

CupInSIX

My cap runneth over
Jul 1, 2012
Alphaville
Hey guys!

who do I need to follow to know who starts in nets for you guys. I have Fleury but cant seem to find the info anywhere on Twitter

Deboer has said he won't reveal his starter this season until just before game time.

I wouldn't even go by which goalie leaves the ice first in practice. Sorry.

Reactions: Rodzilla

EXTRAS

Jul 31, 2012
I noticed Theodore doesn't get time on the top pp. How many points do you guys expect him to get this season, despite no 1st pp time?

35-40 points in 56 games?

Do you expect him to outscore heiskanen, for example?

CupInSIX

My cap runneth over
Jul 1, 2012
Alphaville
I noticed Theodore doesn't get time on the top pp. How many points do you guys expect him to get this season, despite no 1st pp time?

35-40 points in 56 games?

Do you expect him to outscore heiskanen, for example?

They changed it up last game. He's on the top PP unit now.

Reactions: EXTRAS

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad