GDT: Game 5: Toronto Maple Leafs @ Washington Capitals | 7:00 PM EST, CBC | Never Give Up!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Paradoc

John Tavares is a Leaf!
Mar 13, 2013
Toronto
Mind games. Trying to get in the heads of the youngsters.
Hopefully it backfires on them.

They'll get criticized either way. Ever single game has been close and they don't seem to take the leafs as challenging than say, Pittsburgh. I hope we do win the series. The confidence in this roster will be very high.

Daisy Jane

everything is gonna be okay!
Jul 2, 2009
I have been really calm ever since the playoffs started. I don't know, I was much more tense during the last few games of the season. It's weird. Because usually I am a nervous wreck during playoffs (be it Leafs, Raptors or Blue Jays). Now I am just watching and enjoying it. Not nervous at all. I don't know what has gotten into me all of a sudden.

I was nervous game four because I thought we were gonna lay an egg (which we did and we almost won ANYWAY). I thought this would end in six but I didn't know who it would go for. after four games, I firmly believe the leafs can, should and will win the series. Maybe it will take them seven (#sadist), but I have more confidence in the Leafs winning it, than I do with the Caps doing so.

saltming

Fan Addict
Oct 6, 2015
Other
They'll get criticized either way. Ever single game has been close and they don't seem to take the leafs as challenging than say, Pittsburgh. I hope we do win the series. The confidence in this roster will be very high.
Technically we are the underdog by quite a bit so they can be smug. I actually hope they really feel that was as it could make them underestimate us and we crush them.
That said it's been a fun 4 games, the best most entertaining series of all of them in thw 1st round.
GO LEAFS GO!!

Morgs

#16 #34 #44 #88 #91
Jul 12, 2015
London, ON
I have been really calm ever since the playoffs started. I don't know, I was much more tense during the last few games of the season. It's weird. Because usually I am a nervous wreck during playoffs (be it Leafs, Raptors or Blue Jays). Now I am just watching and enjoying it. Not nervous at all. I don't know what has gotten into me all of a sudden.

Same. For me this Leaf team already exceeded expectations when we made the playoffs. Thats when i was ******** myself. Winning one game vs Washington made me ecstatic, 2nd game I almost blew up (I was there), and anything more is just gravy. No reason to get down or be nervous, this is a team that has a very good chance to win the cup in the next few years.

Kiwi

Mar 5, 2016
The Naki
For the love of God start on time

Concentrate on keeping the puck out of our own net especially early and we will be in this thing up to our necks

saltming

Fan Addict
Oct 6, 2015
Other
I feel your pain, only a deep run will ensure mine is even starting to look half decent. :rant:

Here is a picture of mine. I just kept growing it since movember
60297670_ddc80086f1_z.jpg

AppsSyl

May 28, 2015
I think Marner is going to have himself quite a game tonight. He is going to be the difference maker.

We are going to take this one tonight and hopefully light up Holtby like a Christmas tree. He jinxed himself with those comments today.

SEER

Sep 21, 2015
Thanks to Paradoc.., for the GDT.. and to Budsfan.., for all the updates..

C9sfb8vUAAI48RZ.jpg

Time to get the speed dialed up high.. for this game, Boys..! :yo:
And don't let Washington change it.. YOU dictate the speed of the game.. :nod:

104000135530_large.jpg

Beleaf 001: Toronto Maple Leafs Centennial 2017 Playoffs Pump (HD)

GoLeafsGO.gif

JonnyMacAwesome

Jan 27, 2016
Ottawa, ON
I ****ing hate my playoff beard....well my attempt at one.

I feel your pain, only a deep run will ensure mine is even starting to look half decent. :rant:

Mine's already looking solid, I'm ready.

Unfortunately it's a ginger beard (I have brown hair) which is kinda weird, but whatever. Adds character. My wife hates it, I just think she's jealous she can't grow one - and since she's a Habs fan she'd probably have to remove it sooner rather than later anyways.

ACC1224

Super Elite, Passing ALL Tests since 2002
Aug 19, 2002
It's a dream, but winning tonight and closing out the series at home in 6 would be amazing to see.

That would be fantastic but I have a tough time seeing them win tonight.

saltming

Fan Addict
Oct 6, 2015
Other
That would be fantastic but I have a tough time seeing them win tonight.
To be fair ACC you've been counting them out every game.
This will be the hardest game of the series so far for sure, but I can't count them out so easily. I think these kids will know what they have to do and execute well.
I'm thinking this is going to be a good game and not a repeat of game 3

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad