GDT: Game 5: Toronto Maple Leafs @ Washington Capitals | 7:00 PM EST, CBC | Never Give Up!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Paradoc

John Tavares is a Leaf!
Mar 13, 2013
Toronto
From where we were last year to now. Connor Brown showing us to never give up even when the odds are against you:

From Kapanen OT goal to win game 2:

To Auston's first playoff career goal:

Let's take game 5 and bring it in home! :yo:

Toronto Maple Leafs Lineup:

Zach Hyman - Auston Matthews - William Nylander
Leo Komarov - Nazem Kadri - Connor Brown
James Van Riemsdyk - Tyler Bozak - Mitch Marner
Matt Martin - Brian Boyle - Kasperi Kapanen

Jake Gardiner - Nikitia Zaitsev
Matt Hunwick - Morgan Rielly
Martin Marincin - Connor Carrick

Frederik Andersen

Washington Capitals Lineup:

Alex Ovechkin - Niklas Backstrom - T.J. Oshie
Marcus Johansson - Evgeny Kuznetsov - Justin Williams
Brett Connolly - Lars Eller - Andre Burakovsky
Daniel Winnik - Jay Beagle - Tom Wilson

Nate Schmidt - John Carlson
Dmitri Orlov - Matt Niskanen
Brooks Orpik - Kevin Shattenkirk

Braden Holtby

63d33eb357.jpg

Other Information: Soon to be added

senor martinez

Komarov's cohonez
Oct 1, 2014
Chandler Stephenson has lifted up by the caps. Somebody playing center might be going down.

We gon smack and twerk these fools down anyway! We bout that!!! We be bout that!! We be bout that!! Even without Polak we gon smack these fools down! We got that twerk and the speedier team.

SprDaVE

Sep 20, 2008
Hopefully we have a bit more of a complete game. We can't afford to play like we did last game.

Should be fun.

hockeyes

Jun 15, 2013
Hope they come out and crush them tonight.

“We earned our bounces, and they kinda got theirs.†- Braden Holtby, greatest playoff goalie of all time

They are already making excuses to deflect from their lack of mental toughness.

Gary Nylund

Oct 10, 2013
Strange thread title IMO. Never give up - why would anyone even think about giving up? It's a dead even series FFS.

fahad203

Oct 3, 2009
Hope they come out and crush them tonight.

“We earned our bounces, and they kinda got theirs.†- Braden Holtby, greatest playoff goalie of all time

They are already making excuses to deflect from their lack of mental toughness.

Hope Marner and Matthews puts few on top corners and see what Hotlby thinks of those bounces

Paradoc

John Tavares is a Leaf!
Mar 13, 2013
Toronto
Strange thread title IMO. Never give up - why would anyone even think about giving up? It's a dead even series FFS.

The premise is basically to never give up even if your down a goal, to keeping battling for 60 minutes. I think that's pretty appropriate given how much we had to battle to get where we are today and how we got our wins. You may disagree if you want, but I like the title and am not changing it.

Gary Nylund

Oct 10, 2013
The premise is basically to never give up even if your down a goal, to keeping battling for 60 minutes. I think that's pretty appropriate given how much we had to battle to get where we are today and how we got our wins. You may disagree if you want, but I like the title and am not changing it.

Oh OK, I get it now. After the last game that does seem appropriate - down by 3 ...

Thanks for the explanation. :yo:

Mess

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Leafs Home Board
holtby has been shaky all series. must be a huge confidence boost to the leafs knowing that they can put 4+ goals by him at any time

Last year Holtby only let in 4 goals once.

Both goalies are letting in goals they generally stop the majority of the time. Its really weird as it seems all these shots that go in are tips/deflections and odd bounces.

thewave

Jun 17, 2011
Do you see what these guys are saying? Do you see what they are doing in the media?? They don't respect us... Wow I am pissed!

Damisoph

Jun 29, 2010
Do you see what these guys are saying? Do you see what they are doing in the media?? They don't respect us... Wow I am pissed!

It's a front. They're shook that they're in a series with the weak #8 seeded Leafs and their over-inflated egos are taking over.

SprDaVE

Sep 20, 2008

"We earned our bounces, they just kind of got theirs" Holtby

Looks like a quote the Leafs should hang in their dressing room tonight. I hope they can take to heart and "earn" their bounces.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad