GDT: Game 5: Toronto Maple Leafs @ Washington Capitals | 7:00 PM EST, CBC | Never Give Up!

Status
Not open for further replies.

member 262271

We can do this, play fast, play right boys. To make a Starfox reference, can we add "Trust your instincts!" to the GDT title? :laugh:

Willchel Marlynder

(philer bozel)
Jul 15, 2010
Windsor, ON
Considering they've been outplayed 10 of the last 12 periods they're huffing and puffing hot air.

They don't respect us, and quite frankly after the start we had in the 1st why would they? 4-1 in the first period on home ice? Two straight home games going down 3-1, twice Ovi has blasted 1 timers in the same spot. They probably think they can just come out score a bench in the 1st and then clog the neutral zone and win 4-3 or something. Leafs better come to play right from the jump.

GordieHoweHatTrick

Sep 20, 2009
Toronto
They don't respect us, and quite frankly after the start we had in the 1st why would they? 4-1 in the first period on home ice? Two straight home games going down 3-1, twice Ovi has blasted 1 timers in the same spot. They probably think they can just come out score a bench in the 1st and then clog the neutral zone and win 4-3 or something. Leafs better come to play right from the jump.

If true, expecting something in stiff competition is the reason why they're regular season champs, not playoff.:D

Alerion

Dec 24, 2012
Halifax, NS
Holtby is shook because he's allowing almost 4 goals a game this series :laugh:

Hope the Leafs come out fast and drive 5v5 play like Game 1 and Game 2 to a lesser extent. When we execute the breakouts, the Caps can't handle our speed!

Daisy Jane

everything is gonna be okay!
Jul 2, 2009
Boyle is due for his first goal as a Leaf.

He doesn't have one yet? Weird, I honestly thought he did. :)

anyhoo.
I am totally calm, cool and collected. let's get this one, and clinch in toronto.

slozo

Aug 28, 2011
Newmarket, ON
We have to RATTLE THEIR CAGES.

Bump Holtby.
Naz, Uncle Leo - you gotta do your agitating. Hitting.

Let's come out HARD Mattty, keep the puck in their zone. Play like it's your first ever game in the NHL ;)
Let's make some magic tonight, boys!!!

Suntouchable13

Dec 20, 2003
Toronto, ON
He doesn't have one yet? Weird, I honestly thought he did. :)

anyhoo.
I am totally calm, cool and collected. let's get this one, and clinch in toronto.

I have been really calm ever since the playoffs started. I don't know, I was much more tense during the last few games of the season. It's weird. Because usually I am a nervous wreck during playoffs (be it Leafs, Raptors or Blue Jays). Now I am just watching and enjoying it. Not nervous at all. I don't know what has gotten into me all of a sudden.

sIDEsHOW93

Apr 29, 2015
Canada
I feel like this game is going to be a defensive battle. I am predicting 2-1 Leafs with Waahington scoring early. Connie & Boyler scoring the goals. Lets GET IT BOYS!

Mats13

Apr 22, 2015
Hope they come out and crush them tonight.

“We earned our bounces, and they kinda got theirs.†- Braden Holtby, greatest playoff goalie of all time

They are already making excuses to deflect from their lack of mental toughness.

I'm getting so sick of the Caps and their fans acting like every goal we score is because we got "lucky"

And then they don't acknowledge just how ****ing lucky they have been. They've scored 14 goals, at least 7 were total flukes. We're not *****ing about it.

I hope we crush them 7-0.

SeaOfBlue

The Passion That Unites Us All
Aug 1, 2013
I have been really calm ever since the playoffs started. I don't know, I was much more tense during the last few games of the season. It's weird. Because usually I am a nervous wreck during playoffs (be it Leafs, Raptors or Blue Jays). Now I am just watching and enjoying it. Not nervous at all.

No expectations. Easier on the nerves that way.

saltming

Fan Addict
Oct 6, 2015
Other
I have been really calm ever since the playoffs started. I don't know, I was much more tense during the last few games of the season. It's weird. Because usually I am a nervous wreck during playoffs (be it Leafs, Raptors or Blue Jays). Now I am just watching and enjoying it. Not nervous at all. I don't know what has gotten into me all of a sudden.

Scotch?
:laugh:

Paradoc

John Tavares is a Leaf!
Mar 13, 2013
Toronto
Holtby seems frustrated to say the least. He keeps saying how they earned their bounces while we haven't. In fact basically the entire caps team seems to wonder how they aren't winning.

saltming

Fan Addict
Oct 6, 2015
Other
Holtby seems frustrated to say the least. He keeps saying how they earned their bounces while we haven't. In fact basically the entire caps team seems to wonder how they aren't winning.

Mind games. Trying to get in the heads of the youngsters.
Hopefully it backfires on them.

slozo

Aug 28, 2011
Newmarket, ON
I'm getting so sick of the Caps and their fans acting like every goal we score is because we got "lucky"

And then they don't acknowledge just how ****ing lucky they have been. They've scored 14 goals, at least 7 were total flukes. We're not *****ing about it.

I hope we crush them 7-0.

Yep. There is definitely a measure of 'aloofness' in general that I don't like about the Caps players. And I get it - they have that attitude because they earned it over the regular season . . .

...but they didn't earn it here in the playoffs yet.

We can do this.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad