Laval Rocket: Game 5 @ Syracuse Crunch (Laval Wins 3-2 in OT) - Laval Wins Series 3-2!!!

Sam de Mtl

Oct 11, 2021
Maybe so....and some help from Kidney? Do we send him in the playoffs like that? If so, who gets out?
I'd love to see it, but I doubt it. I expect he would be there as a black ace. I think Houle will want to go forward with the guys who brought him here. I could see Heineman play because he has been around the team longer and is stronger physically. As talented as Kidney is, he would probably be manhandled at the AHL level.

Crunchrulz

Apr 30, 2010
USA
Congratz to the Rocket! The far better team tonight played the full 70:13 and were rewarded with a well deserved victory. Nice to see the players on a team that have the Killer Instinct and refuse to give up or stop playing until the final horn sounds. Best of luck for the rest of the playoffs.

Crunchrulz

Apr 30, 2010
USA
Rocket played the full game plus overtime like it was a game five and deserved to win. Crunch lacked a "Killer Instinct" and can now set up their Tee Times for the off season. Good luck as you move on in the post season Laval Rocket and your wonderful fans!

Treb

Global Flanderator
May 31, 2011
Montreal
I'd love to see it, but I doubt it. I expect he would be there as a black ace. I think Houle will want to go forward with the guys who brought him here. I could see Heineman play because he has been around the team longer and is stronger physically. As talented as Kidney is, he would probably be manhandled at the AHL level.

I'd expect him to get at least one game and go from there, unless he comes in when we are in elimination games.

Same with Simoneau, Roy, Guhle, Mysak and Xhekaj. Not so sure for Trudeau and Sobolev as we have a pretty established blue line. I don't see Vbretic playing.

Team_Spirit

95% Elliotte
Jul 3, 2002
Wow Paquette is on fire at the AHL level. Good for us.

Bergevin bargain bin pickup redemption arc.

img

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal
I have only watched highlights.....curious on your opinion on how Norlinder has looked?

In general, he hasn't looked that great, especially defensively. He would often get outworked and pushed off the puck.

But last night, he looked good. Especially in the 3rd and in OT, which coincided with when the whole team started to actually play well. Even defensively, he was playing smart. There were many occasions he would separate the player from the puck and he'd give it to the open man.

There was even a play where Ouellet was being beaten by a Crunch player in the defensive zone and Norlinder came over to help and just stopped the attack by simply taking the puck away.

Scintillating10

Jun 15, 2012
Nova Scotia
In general, he hasn't looked that great, especially defensively. He would often get outworked and pushed off the puck.

But last night, he looked good. Especially in the 3rd and in OT, which coincided with when the whole team started to actually play well. Even defensively, he was playing smart. There were many occasions he would separate the player from the puck and he'd give it to the open man.

There was even a play where Ouellet was being beaten by a Crunch player in the defensive zone and Norlinder came over to help and just stopped the attack by simply taking the puck away.
Will take time but Nordlinder may make it. He has offensive instinct you cannot teach

tazsub3

May 30, 2016

he also stoped the puck going in an empty net with minutes to go. cant ignore that, or it is 3-1 and rockets are golfing instead

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal
Will take time but Nordlinder may make it. He has offensive instinct you cannot teach

There's something there. He'll need more AHL time.

he also stoped the puck going in an empty net with minutes to go. cant ignore that, or it is 3-1 and rockets are golfing instead

Yes. I missed that part but that was also a big save by Norlinder. The game would end up being 3-1 at that point and it would be a completely different story.

Reactions: Treb and tazsub3

Sam de Mtl

Oct 11, 2021
Great news for Primeau to play so well and close out a nail-biter series with very little room for error.
Yes. It's a real redemption for his terrible season. I hope it continues as long as possible and allows him to go into the off season with renewed confidence.

It is a very different goalie than the one we saw during and after his stint in Montreal.

So different actually that this is a guy that i could see as a starter of an NHL team... which I was losing hope on by the day lately.

tazsub3

May 30, 2016
Sorry, but this really ticks me. How about we praise a defender who can play defence first, offense is a bonus, otherwise just play four forwards.
not that simple, the game has changed, and offence driven from defence has become a must for winning teams in the league. So while you right, they need to know to defend, a simple defender is not enough to have winning team in todays nhl

Beer and Chips

Feb 5, 2018
not that simple, the game has changed, and offence driven from defence has become a must for winning teams in the league. So while you right, they need to know to defend, a simple defender is not enough to have winning team in todays nhl
The only praise I hear about prospects is how many points they will generate.

Reactions: bopeep

DramaticGloveSave

Voice of Reason
Apr 17, 2017
Yes. It's a real redemption for his terrible season. I hope it continues as long as possible and allows him to go into the off season with renewed confidence.

It is a very different goalie than the one we saw during and after his stint in Montreal.

So different actually that this is a guy that i could see as a starter of an NHL team... which I was losing hope on by the day lately.
I’m still a Primeau believer. Sometimes goalies don’t establish themselves as NHLers until their 24-25. Primeau might be one of those. One more year of dominance in the AHL and then give him another shot. Hopefully the team is decent defensively by then.

Sam de Mtl

Oct 11, 2021
I’m still a Primeau believer. Sometimes goalies don’t establish themselves as NHLers until their 24-25. Primeau might be one of those. One more year of dominance in the AHL and then give him another shot. Hopefully the team is decent defensively by then.
Right. Playing behind the D we will have in a few years will probably be a much more pleasant experience than the D we have right now.

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal

What the schedule looking like for their next series?

@Adam Michaels Seems to be something you would maybe know about haha

As @jrom posted, it looks like it will start on Sunday. The only question is will they play in Utica or Laval. If Utica wins, Laval starts on the road. If Rochester wins, they start at home.

However, this morning, I heard Anthony Marcotte say on the radio that if they start in Utica, it will be on Saturday. But if they start in Laval, it will be on Sunday. It's possible I misheard, though.

donghabs98

Oct 14, 2010
Halifax

Even without the benefit of hindsight, I really think going back to Europe was a mistake for Norlinder mid season. I think he would have benefited more getting time in Laval and learning the North American game. He might have earmed another call up too later in the season (especially with all the injuries rhat eventually hit).

donghabs98

Oct 14, 2010
Halifax
I agree, I think Primeau needs to get a full year in the AHL. He's rarely recieved that during his pro career due to COVID and injuries in Montreal. I think Hughes should sign a veteran depth goalie who could be the one to get called up if injuries hit in Montreal. Someone like Hammond would be perfect since he would be a good vet around Primeau in the AHL, while being a good option to call up and sit on the bench if needed.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad